Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 54
  1. #1
    Sun Worshiper
    Reputation: oreophilus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    7,368

    Human rights again abused in U.S. air raid on Pakistan

    Human rights again abused in U.S. air raid on Pakistan

    BEIJING, Jan. 16 (Xinhuanet by Qi Zijian ) -- A U.S. air strike intended to killal-Qaida's No. 2 man Ayman al-Zawahiri missed its target and killed at least 18 innocent people in a Pakistani village, in yet another clear manifestation of U.S. forces' sheer disregard for civilian lives in Washington's on-going anti-terror campaign.

    The Pakistani government on Saturday lodged a protest with the United States over its "unprovoked" air attack on the country's northwestern tribal region, a move which resulted in a grave abuse of human rights of these innocent civilians.


    In a statement, the Foreign Ministry condemned the killing of civilians, saying it had delivered an official protest to the U.S.ambassador to Islamabad.

    Pakistani Information Minister Sheik Rashid Ahmed said his government wanted "to assure the people we will not allow such incidents to recur."

    On Friday, a U.S. pilotless aircraft fired missiles on the village of Damadola in the country's Bajaur tribal area, targeting Ayman al-Zawahiri, the second-highest-ranking leader of Osama bin Laden's al-Qaida terror network.

    However, local officials in the Pakistan-Afghanistan border region said at least 18 civilians, including five women and five children, had been killed in the attack.

    Washington has said it is not sure about Zawahiri's fate after the air strike, while a senior Pakistani security official said hewas convinced the man had not been in the village at all when it was hit.

    The incident stirred strong reactions in Pakistan on Saturday, with thousands of tribesmen taking part in a rally in the town of Khaar, the administrative center of Bajaur, to protest the killing.

    It is not the first time for U.S. forces, in the name of anti-terrorism, to mount attacks which have resulted in the loss of innocent civilians in Pakistan and other countries.

    The New York Times reported that eight people, also including women and children, were killed on Jan. 7 when U.S. forces fired missiles and destroyed the house of a local cleric in North Waziristan close to the Afghan border. Pakistan reacted with a strong protest with coalition forces on Monday.


    There have been a number of incidents involving civilian deaths in failed or misdirected U.S. attacks in Afghanistan and along the border with Pakistan, said the newspaper.

    In December 2003, nine children and a 25-year-old man were killed in a strike from another U.S. pilotless aircraft in Hutala,a village in a remote area of southern Ghazni Province.


    The intended target, a Taliban supporter who was suspected of being behind several attacks on foreign aid and construction workers, was not among the dead and may have not been in the village at the time.

    The bloody incidents reveal U.S. forces' grave disregard for other people's human rights and Washington's double standards are very much in evidence.

    There may be justification for the United States to press ahead with its anti-terror policy, which is aimed at protecting the safety of American people, or their right of existence, from being harmed.

    However, after the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks, the "anti-terror" operations launched by U.S. forces on other nations'soil have seriously violated the right of existence of the people there.

    Judging by the incidents, it has become all the more obvious that Washington has all along adopted double standards when it comes to the human rights of its own people and those from other countries.

    Human rights organizations in Pakistan also condemned Saturday's attack, which they said undermined the cause of democracy in the South Asian country, reported The Washington Post.

    Afrasiab Khattak, director of the Human Rights Commission of Pakistan, was quoted as describing the attack "a grass violation of human rights."

    The United States, which considers itself as a "defender of human rights," always makes irresponsible comments on other nations' human rights records.

    But what U.S. forces have done shows that their goal is not to protect human rights, but find an excuse for their other political moves.

    The air strikes on Pakistani soil by U.S. forces have also affected its sovereignty.

    According to The New York Times, the country has not granted U.S. forces in Afghanistan the right to cross the border, even in pursuit of militants.

    Pakistani security forces have made great efforts in fighting terrorism and hunting down al-Qaida members believed to be taking shelter in the northwestern tribal region, President Pervez Musharraf was quoted as saying.

    The Pakistani Foreign Ministry also mentioned the security forces' mass operations against foreign militants, saying: "To protect our people and territory from incursion remains our responsibility."

    Some U.S. officials assert human rights are more important than sovereignty. But once their country's interests are involved, neither of the two issues is no longer important.

    The United States will continue to carry out its anti-terror operations in the future, and such air strikes on other nations' soil could take place again.

    Nevertheless, no one would want to see the continued loss of innocent lives as a result of the anti-terror operations.

    link:Human rights again abused in U.S. air raid on Pakistan
    .

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: speedyg55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    359
    in yet another clear manifestation of U.S. forces' sheer disregard for civilian lives in Washington's on-going anti-terror campaign.
    I stopped reading right after that. Do you seriously believe that US soldiers would intentionally bomb a house full of non-militants? If so, you have issues. Also, if that were the case, we would have killed every last person in the countries of Iraq and Afghanistan. They had information given them which stated that he was in that place. The only reason they didn't get him was because he skipped that meal and unfortunately was in a different location.

    I'm just curious, how does it feel to be a pessimist all of the time? I can't imagine that it's a good life.

  3. #3
    banned
    Reputation: Nuboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    15,626
    Quote Originally Posted by speedyg55

    I'm just curious, how does it feel to be a pessimist all of the time? I can't imagine that it's a good life.

    Get a clue...cookied!ck is a propagandist for the terrorists.

    He should be considered an ememy combatant.

  4. #4
    Sun Worshiper
    Reputation: oreophilus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    7,368
    Quote Originally Posted by speedyg55
    I stopped reading right after that. Do you seriously believe that US soldiers would intentionally bomb a house full of non-militants? If so, you have issues. Also, if that were the case, we would have killed every last person in the countries of Iraq and Afghanistan. They had information given them which stated that he was in that place. The only reason they didn't get him was because he skipped that meal and unfortunately was in a different location.

    I'm just curious, how does it feel to be a pessimist all of the time? I can't imagine that it's a good life.
    How many times have you stopped reading after...

    It's happened a thousand times.
    .

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: speedyg55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    359
    Way to avoid the question at hand.

    I will just assume that you don't have a good contradicting answer because you know that I'm right.

  6. #6
    Sun Worshiper
    Reputation: oreophilus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    7,368
    Quote Originally Posted by speedyg55
    Way to avoid the question at hand.

    I will just assume that you don't have a good contradicting answer because you know that I'm right.
    Might is Right.

    Double Standards.

    US sponsored Terrorism

    Killing MAMs.

    Democracy?

    How many Marriage Parties does the US have to bomb before you realize that you haven't got a clue? The US does all kinds of murdering for all kinds or reasons, none of them have anything to do with their hollow rhetoric of bringing democracy to the World.
    .

  7. #7
    banned
    Reputation: FrankBooth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    6,071
    Al Qaeda what country do they fight for? what is their uniform? how do you differentiate between a Al Qaeda terroist and a civilian?

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: speedyg55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    359
    So the US intentionally targets civilians? Is that what you are trying to say?

    Answer truthfully...

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: sandan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    7,698

    Good job!

    Quote Originally Posted by speedyg55
    So the US intentionally targets civilians? Is that what you are trying to say?

    Answer truthfully...
    That is exactly what he is saying. and has been saying since his little pink head first popped up here.

    For all of cookiedi.ck's whining, he really doesn't know just how good he has it, wherever it is he lives since he refuses to say if he is an American citizen or not. Too bad he doesn't head off to Iraq or Iran or the palestinian territories, places he seems to be enamored with, a get a a taste of what the enlightend folks over there do to people who spread the sort of tripe he does here.
    I have one firm belief about the American political system, God is a Republican and Santa Claus is a Democrat P.J. O'Rourke





  10. #10
    Sun Worshiper
    Reputation: oreophilus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    7,368
    Quote Originally Posted by sandan
    That is exactly what he is saying. and has been saying since his little pink head first popped up here.

    For all of cookiedi.ck's whining, he really doesn't know just how good he has it, wherever it is he lives since he refuses to say if he is an American citizen or not. Too bad he doesn't head off to Iraq or Iran or the palestinian territories, places he seems to be enamored with, a get a a taste of what the enlightend folks over there do to people who spread the sort of tripe he does here.
    As usual you're pissing into the wind.

    I've been to the Pakistani Northwest Frontier Provinces, the subject of our conversation, and I've even been one click from the Pakistani/Afghan border just where the USA are blowing up people.

    You come from a communist kibbutz, probably never set foot in a Muslim country, and have nothing to add to this discussion but your usual hate.
    Last edited by oreophilus; 01-16-2006 at 04:29 PM.
    .

  11. #11
    banned
    Reputation: Nuboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    15,626
    Quote Originally Posted by oreophilus
    As usual you're pissing into the wind.

    I've been to the Pakistani Northwest Frontier Provinces, the subject of our conversation, and I've even been one click from the Pakistani/Afghan border just where the USA are blowing up people.
    [size=4]BINGO[/size]

    So...how many Americans were you planning on killing? I sincerely hope some of the ones they got were your terrorists buddies. In fact, I hope their body parts were splattered all over what was left of their mud huts.

    Too bad you weren't there...you fu-cking terrorist!

  12. #12
    Sun Worshiper
    Reputation: oreophilus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    7,368
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuboy
    [size=4]BINGO[/size]

    So...how many Americans were you planning on killing? I sincerely hope some of the ones they got were your terrorists buddies. In fact, I hope their body parts were splattered all over what was left of their mud huts.

    Too bad you weren't there...you fu-cking terrorist!
    Bingo.... that's just like you...under the B...2 .....bombs away.......

    Just visiting decendants of Alexander

    1-woman
    2-teenage girls
    3-over the mountains lies Afghanistan
    4-one of the passes to Afghanistan, just 1 km up and to the left
    5-cottage industry in the Northwest Frontier Provinces
    Attached Images Attached Images
    .

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation: speedyg55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    359
    So you still haven't gotten around to answering the question. Does the US intentionally target civilians?

    Answer truthfully...

    On a side note: I lived in Moscow for a few years and I had the chance to meet a lot of muslims. My overall opinion of them is very good. Most of them are extremely nice.

  14. #14
    Sun Worshiper
    Reputation: oreophilus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    7,368
    Quote Originally Posted by speedyg55
    So you still haven't gotten around to answering the question. Does the US intentionally target civilians?

    Answer truthfully...

    On a side note: I lived in Moscow for a few years and I had the chance to meet a lot of muslims. My overall opinion of them is very good. Most of them are extremely nice.
    http://www.globalspecialoperations.c...ASFallujah.wmv

    You just have to look at a US video of an attack on a marriage party in Fallujha. They've done it half a dozen times in Iraq, quite a few times in Afghanistan, tons of times in Vietnam. It's called killing MAMs Military Aged Males. The women and children are future husband and wives, so they are happy to kill them too.

    How Innocent you are to think that your government and military are ethical, moral and Honorable. They are ruthless assassins. They've got booty to capture and no number of human deaths will keep them from it.
    .

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation: speedyg55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    359
    So you do think that the military intentionally targets civilians, including women and children? Yes or no question. I'm not looking at what has or has not happened.


    As far as the govt. goes, you helped to elect the leaders, or, if you didn't vote, stfu, you don't deserve an opinion.

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    662
    Here's a nice pitcure of civilians being targeted....but according to cookie dick, this doesnt count...we had it coming:
    Attached Images Attached Images

  17. #17
    Sun Worshiper
    Reputation: oreophilus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    7,368
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedThrills
    Here's a nice pitcure of civilians being targeted....but according to cookie dick, this doesnt count...we had it coming:

    Dick Cheney and his band of OIL Creeps did that.

    They needed their Reichstag Fire to jump start their endless wars on bogus terrorism in order to advance their Pax Americana.

    I'll bet you keep a photo of the WTC and take it out every time you shoot someone. Convenient excuse isn't it. In your mind, it allows you to disregard all sovereignty throughout the World and kill any number of people, all against International Law and the Geneva Conventions, the UN Charter and all other treaties that the US Constitution says are binding when signed. Are you another TRAITOR of the US Constitution? Do you think that you are above the LAW?
    .

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Managuense's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    2,067
    Quote Originally Posted by oreophilus
    Dick Cheney and his band of OIL Creeps did that.

    They needed their Reichstag Fire to jump start their endless wars on bogus terrorism in order to advance their Pax Americana.

    I'll bet you keep a photo of the WTC and take it out every time you shoot someone. Convenient excuse isn't it. In your mind, it allows you to disregard all sovereignty throughout the World and kill any number of people, all against International Law and the Geneva Conventions, the UN Charter and all other treaties that the US Constitution says are binding when signed. Are you another TRAITOR of the US Constitution? Do you think that you are above the LAW?
    Kronik you just outed yourself...again.
    KITB-"I got no beef with the terrorists"
    KITB-"It's always the college-degree-lacking bolt sorters that say such things"

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Managuense's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    2,067
    Quote Originally Posted by oreophilus
    http://www.globalspecialoperations.c...ASFallujah.wmv

    You just have to look at a US video of an attack on a marriage party in Fallujha. They've done it half a dozen times in Iraq, quite a few times in Afghanistan, tons of times in Vietnam. It's called killing MAMs Military Aged Males. The women and children are future husband and wives, so they are happy to kill them too.

    How Innocent you are to think that your government and military are ethical, moral and Honorable. They are ruthless assassins. They've got booty to capture and no number of human deaths will keep them from it.
    Love that flick.

    Wonder if the groom ever got to consumating the wedding. Guess we'll never know.
    KITB-"I got no beef with the terrorists"
    KITB-"It's always the college-degree-lacking bolt sorters that say such things"

  20. #20
    Sun Worshiper
    Reputation: oreophilus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    7,368
    Quote Originally Posted by Managuense
    Love that flick.

    Wonder if the groom ever got to consumating the wedding. Guess we'll never know.
    Here's a video showing the pain and anguish that US Soldiers feel in Iraq. You seem to feel no emotion regarding your fellow soldiers, only glee at the kills.

    It starts with the Bush Gang of Four, their hateful glares and their evasiveness, then the pain and anguish of the victims on both sides.

    VIDEO
    .

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation: speedyg55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    359
    About the WTC, I honestly had no idea that Cheney was conspiring with Osama Bin Laden. That's a very interesting, uh, fact?

    How do you think our troops feel about you? I bet they love all of the support that you give them. I'm sure that if you went over there, they would all just give you a pat on the back and say thanks for all that you do.

    Once again you managed to avoid my question therefore proving that I am right and you are wrong. Another question. It seems to me that you are all about rights and freedom. Iraqis just had their first election. That was made possible by US soldiers. Before that, dictatorship was the law of the land. I guarantee that you wouldn't be happy if your right to vote was taken away. So tell me this, are you opposed to giving Iraqis the opportunity to have the same rights that have been given to you on a silver platter?

    It seems to me that you overlook the big picture. I mean, honestly, what do you gain by bringing the troops home(which you basically hate anyway judging by the things you say about them calling them murderers and such)? Nothing. What do the Iraqis gain by having our troops there? Freedoms that they have never before experienced which have just been handed to ungrateful people like you.

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation: sandan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    7,698

    Good job!

    Quote Originally Posted by speedyg55
    About the WTC, I honestly had no idea that Cheney was conspiring with Osama Bin Laden. That's a very interesting, uh, fact?

    How do you think our troops feel about you? I bet they love all of the support that you give them. I'm sure that if you went over there, they would all just give you a pat on the back and say thanks for all that you do.

    Once again you managed to avoid my question therefore proving that I am right and you are wrong. Another question. It seems to me that you are all about rights and freedom. Iraqis just had their first election. That was made possible by US soldiers. Before that, dictatorship was the law of the land. I guarantee that you wouldn't be happy if your right to vote was taken away. So tell me this, are you opposed to giving Iraqis the opportunity to have the same rights that have been given to you on a silver platter?

    It seems to me that you overlook the big picture. I mean, honestly, what do you gain by bringing the troops home(which you basically hate anyway judging by the things you say about them calling them murderers and such)? Nothing. What do the Iraqis gain by having our troops there? Freedoms that they have never before experienced which have just been handed to ungrateful people like you.
    You are wasting your breath.
    I have one firm belief about the American political system, God is a Republican and Santa Claus is a Democrat P.J. O'Rourke





  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,416
    Good try and an A for effort- let's have more of these targeted attacks.....

    PESHAWAR, Pakistan — At least four foreign terrorists died in the purported U.S. airstrike aimed at Al Qaeda's No. 2 leader in a Pakistani border village, the provincial government said Tuesday.

    A statement, issued by the administration of Pakistan's semiautonomous tribal regions bordering Afghanistan, also said that between 10 and 12 foreign extremists had been invited to the dinner at the village hit in Friday's attack.

    It was the first official confirmation by Pakistani authorities that foreign militants were killed in the attack on the village of Damadola. Women and children also died, triggering outrage in this Islamic nation.

    The statement did not identify who the foreigners may have been or who was the target of the missile strike.

    Pakistani intelligence officials have said Ayman al-Zawahiri, Usama bin Laden's top lieutenant, had been invited to a dinner in the targeted village of Damadola to mark an Islamic holiday but did not show up and sent some aides instead.

    There have been conflicting accounts from Pakistani officials and witnesses over who, if anyone, reclaimed bodies from the scene of the missile strike.

    Damadola residents claim all the victims were locals and they buried them all. One Pakistani official told The Associated Press Saturday that the bodies had been taken away for DNA tests, although it wasn't clear by whom.

    The statement, citing the chief official in the Bajur region where the Damadola is located, said its findings were from a report compiled by a "joint investigation team" but gave no specifics on who was included in the team.

    "Four or five foreign terrorists have been killed in this missile attack whose dead bodies have been taken away by their companions to hide the real reason of the attack," the statement said.

    "It is regrettable that 18 local people lost their lives in the attack, but this fact also cannot be denied, that 10-12 foreign extremists had been invited on a dinner," it said.

    In Washington, a U.S counterterrorism official said Monday it was not yet known if al-Zawahiri was killed.

    The official, who spoke on condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the issue, said a compound that was hit has been visited in the past by significant terrorist figures. "There were strong indications that was happening again," the official said, adding that it appeared that some damage was done, even if al-Zawahiri was not there.

    Pakistan's Interior Minister Aftab Sherpao, however, would only say Tuesday there was a "possibility" that foreigners were killed in the strike, which destroyed three houses and killed 18 people.

    He told AP the government had "no information" about the presence of al-Zawahiri.

    The attack has become an embarrassment for Islamabad, a staunch U.S. ally in the war on terrorism. Many in this nation of 150 million people oppose the government's backing of the United States in the fight against Al Qaeda and the Taliban.

    Frustration has been growing over a recent series of suspected U.S. attacks along the porous and ill-defined frontier aimed at militants. Washington has 20,000 soldiers in Afghanistan, but Pakistan says it does not allow them to hunt down or attack militants across the border.

    Thousands of Pakistanis took to the streets over the weekend, chanting "Death to America" and calling for the resignation of military leader President Gen. Pervez Musharraf.

    Pakistan's Prime Minister Shaukat Aziz said Islamabad "cannot accept any action within our country" like the missile attack but stressed the bilateral relationship with Washington remained important.

    Aziz reiterated he was pressing ahead with an official visit to Washington. He was due to depart Pakistan late Tuesday.

    "Pakistan has committed to fighting terrorism but naturally we cannot accept any action within our country which results in what happened over the weekend," Aziz said.

    "The relationship with the U.S. is important, it is growing," Aziz said. "But at the same time such actions cannot be condoned."

    He made the comments during a joint press conference with former President George H.W. Bush, who is touring Pakistan as a U.N. envoy for the relief effort in areas affected by October's monster earthquake.

  24. #24
    banned
    Reputation: gonzostrike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    11,258
    Quote Originally Posted by sandan
    You are wasting your breath.
    and sadly, you are ignoring reality. you probably deny the PNAC's existence and power.

  25. #25
    banned
    Reputation: gonzostrike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    11,258
    Quote Originally Posted by sandan
    That is exactly what he is saying. and has been saying since his little pink head first popped up here.

    For all of cookiedi.ck's whining, he really doesn't know just how good he has it, wherever it is he lives since he refuses to say if he is an American citizen or not. Too bad he doesn't head off to Iraq or Iran or the palestinian territories, places he seems to be enamored with, a get a a taste of what the enlightend folks over there do to people who spread the sort of tripe he does here.
    argument by distraction is BS, sandan.

    1) just because one lives in the USA doesn't mean "he has it good" and therefore has no right to complain. some of us want a BETTER America than what we now have. and it is possible to improve on this piece of shyte masquerading as democratic republic government we now have.

    2) the whole Iraq/Palestine/Iran/Middle East problem generally is a FICTION created by the Bush Admin (and prior Admins with similar worldviews and similar lack of morality and compassion), a fiction created in order to CREATE WAR or other reasons to use the US military with force in those "shock and awe" campaigns.

    3) being in a First World country doesn't mean you have to stop complaining, Sandan.

    4) yes, the US Military targets for "collateral damage" effect, and if you think it does not, you have your head where it doesn't belong, probably stuffed into an azzhat.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •