Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

Good job! howard (the scream) dean LIAR!

howard dean, lives up to the immage of himsrelf by telling a bald-faced outright lie to win "cookie points" from jon stewart.
    How anyone can trust any demonocrat is unbelievable. But, the campaign of lies by dems will continue. BTW: deans failed attempt at humor (re:binladen) is typically in very poor taste.

As you know, President Bush has been consistent in wanting no deportation for the approximately 12 million illegal aliens in the USA right now. Some conservatives deplore that stance. But amazingly, amazingly, Howard Dean went on the Jon Stewart program last night and said this.

HOWARD DEAN, DNC CHAIRMAN: Here's the big difference between us and the right-wing bill that passed the House with the president's support. This is a president who can't find a 6'4 Saudi terrorist. How is he going to find 12 million undocumented people and send them all back across the border? That's what he wants to do.

Now, Mr. Bush has never advocated sending illegal aliens back over the border en masse. Simply put, Dean lied.
    I have one firm belief about the American political system, God is a Republican and Santa Claus is a Democrat P.J. O'Rourke

Samsonite Tester
    Bush did say they should return home by their own volition . He also said that fileing for the geust workers program would take place on foriegn soil . He also said no rewards for lawbreakers.

So in a way Bush is clearing the way to deport any fuccers that don't leave . So in a way Mr. Dean is correct . Because the fuccers are not going to leave , and need to be deported as they are caught .
    Yeah I gotta question. You got any excuses tonight Roy ? -Antonio Tarver

There is room for it all, just ride what you like to on what you like to...that's freeriding. -rbn14

mtbr member

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by Evel Knievel
    Bush did say they should return home by their own volition . He also said that fileing for the geust workers program would take place on foriegn soil . He also said no rewards for lawbreakers.

So in a way Bush is clearing the way to deport any fuccers that don't leave . So in a way Mr. Dean is correct . Because the fuccers are not going to leave , and need to be deported as they are caught .
    Nice spin!
    I have one firm belief about the American political system, God is a Republican and Santa Claus is a Democrat P.J. O'Rourke

mtbr member
    Bush did support the House bill which does call for mass deportations. Monday Bush changed his tone. Bush seems to be trying to patch a growing rift in the Republican Party. So far he is not doing very well with the bubba vote. Too bad. The idea that we need a compromise between total amnesty and mass deportations is the first sensible thing he has said in a long, long time. Bush says something that makes sense and half of his base revolts - kind of funny isn't it?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by huddled_mass
    Bush did support the House bill which does call for mass deportations. Monday Bush changed his tone. Bush seems to be trying to patch a growing rift in the Republican Party. So far he is not doing very well with the bubba vote. Too bad. The idea that we need a compromise between total amnesty and mass deportations is the first sensible thing he has said in a long, long time. Bush says something that makes sense and half of his base revolts - kind of funny isn't it?
    that's what i was thinking... bush's initial proposal of guest workers sounded reasonable and the reactions from everyone else ranged from racist/intolerant to spastic knee jerk.

republicans dont seem to understand their president tho. he says one thing and does exactly the opposite: his environmental record vs his environmental speeches for instance.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkle
    [Bush] says one thing and does exactly the opposite...
    this hardly makes him unique, he is just like every other politician.

i don't like the "guest worker" idea. what is wrong with the controlled immigration we do with people from europe, asia, australia and africa?

Who are the brain police?
    Deans getting at that Bush's proposed system of "guest workers" would actually be creating temporary indentured servants. Illegal's would be given a three year stay if they showed they had the support of an employer that has record of trying to first fill the position with an american.

The illegal has to declare themself and be at the mercy of the sponsor/employer. They get a three year shot at staying in the country then they have to leave. They can apply for a three year extention.

So in a way, yes his program is about sending them back since declaring themself, participating in the guest worker program and applying for citizenship does not mean they have an any better chance of becoming an American.

The program DOES send them back.
    The Who - Glittering Girl
    Ween - The Grobe
    Yellowman - Strong Me Strong
    all your base are belong to us

Samsonite Tester
    Quote Originally Posted by sandan
    Nice spin!
    Interpetation of the Bush blather is always going to be "spin". The fact that mine was nice , proves it to be a truthful possibillity of his intentions .

Deportations will happen under Bush's plan . Mass deportations , not likley , but they will deport fucckers who don't leave on their own accord.

There is room for it all, just ride what you like to on what you like to...that's freeriding. -rbn14

banned
    Apr 2006
    I am just pleased that something is actually being started to handle a decades-long, festering problem.

I really don't care what method is used to handle immigration and the border... just do SOMETHING.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Locoman
    Deans getting at that Bush's proposed system of "guest workers" would actually be creating temporary indentured servants...
    i hadn't thought of it that way. i suppose they would be indentured servants of a sort. good call

Samsonite Tester
    Quote Originally Posted by DamoNNomaD
    I am just pleased that something is actually being started to handle a decades-long, festering problem.

I really don't care what method is used to handle immigration and the border... just do SOMETHING.
    Not a wall , but a demilitarized zone . Enter this area and be shot dead . How many dead would it take before they gave up on the run, two maybe three people . The No Korea / So Korea method has worked for decades . How many east Germans made it to the west by running and climbing ?

mtbr member

in the end it will be just another half-measure and the "decades-long, festering problem" will still be there.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Locoman
    Deans getting at that Bush's proposed system of "guest workers" would actually be creating temporary indentured servants. Illegal's would be given a three year stay if they showed they had the support of an employer that has record of trying to first fill the position with an american.

The illegal has to declare themself and be at the mercy of the sponsor/employer. They get a three year shot at staying in the country then they have to leave. They can apply for a three year extention.

So in a way, yes his program is about sending them back since declaring themself, participating in the guest worker program and applying for citizenship does not mean they have an any better chance of becoming an American.

The program DOES send them back.
    yes, and that's perfectly reasonable, in as far as dealing with illegal immigration is concerned. my other expectations of the program, however would be that those that declare themselves also receive civil rights including minimum wages. that by itself would have the negative and positive effects of deterring declaration as well as improving job opportunities for citizens. another expectation would be enforcement of laws regulating the hiring of illegals.

what i would expect bush to do if such legistation were passed is enforcement of the time limits while neglecting enforcement of employer obligations. in this way, companies get a rotating crop of cheap labor while presenting the image that illegals are being handled and controlled.

mtbr member
    this hardly makes him unique, he is just like every other politician.

i don't like the "guest worker" idea. what is wrong with the controlled immigration we do with people from europe, asia, australia and africa?
    illegals are not all mexicans.

true enough about politicians, it's a wonder why we support them at all.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkle
    illegals are not all mexicans.
    i know but they are focusing their efforts on the southern border where mexicans, central americans and some south americans are coming into the country. there are a lot of other illegals but nobody seems to be talking about them.

U xenophobic dimwit

Should this be done on the Canadian side too? And what about rafts of Cubans? Pop 'em before they land?

You xenophobic dimwit.

Here's a pic of some Mexicans crossing the border. Which one would you shoot? The little girl? Or would you blast her father while he holds her?

You dimwit.
    Ween - The Grobe

banned
    Apr 2006
    in the end it will be just another half-measure and the "decades-long, festering problem" will still be there.
    You don't know that, but thanks.

mtbr member
    You don't know that, but thanks.

judging by the track record of the government in my lifetime...yes i do

banned
    Apr 2006
    judging by the track record of the government in my lifetime...yes i do
    Shut the hell up hater. Your doom and gloom mentality is stale and rancid.

Have fun with it.

My point remains. It is nice to see SOMETHING happening in regards to immigration/border control reform. There is nothing that you can say to take it away hater.

mtbr member
    Well somones got issues

You sound reasonable...Time to up my medication

George Bush has a favorite terrorist by the name of Orlando Bosch? Know who he is? We supported the Contras. We even supported Osama and company when he terrorized the Russians. And how about the graduates of our very own terrorist school SOA? And what the graduates have done in Guatemala, El Salvador, or what the graduates have done working for Pinochet.. running his secret police and concentration camps...
    Ween - The Grobe

the cool nerd
    [QUOTE=Locoman
    Here's a pic of some Mexicans crossing the border. Which one would you shoot? The little girl? Or would you blast her father while he holds her?[/QUOTE]

from the proper angle, he could take them both out with one bullet.

and then he'd be so happy that someone was killed for breaking a law that he'd probably have to run to a secluded corner and rub one out...

all lawbreakers, and lawful disidents, should just be executed, regardless of their immigration status, by any redblooded patriot in good standing.. that would make some f-88ers so happy....
    "The search for a perfect pint should take lifetime." M.Jackson

Ride bikes, not goats. Just good advice

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Just to back up for a second, it seems the concensus is that Dean wasn't lying, that the plan Bush supports actually does call for sending illegal aliens back to their country of origin.

Ooops, wrong thread.
    Ween - The Grobe

mtbr member
    Dean I think would of been a good president, but I think he was more honest then people liked. People don't really want a honest president. He really likes Politics so he got excited big deal.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast