Results 1 to 24 of 24
  1. #1
    banned
    Reputation: warfaminepestilenceplague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,679

    "Helicopter Money" Bernanke postpones the Day of Reckoning

    An 50 point rate cut will help to deepen American consumer indebtedness, postponing yet again the day of recknoning when the American Ponzi Scheme economy finally collapses inwards upon itself like an Argentina on steroids.

    Good riddance to the world's most nauseating Demockery.

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: sandan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    7,698
    Lucky for you all your money, $23 isn't it?, is buried in a coffee can in the local park. Maybe you should take all that dough and leave the US for someplace where the economic stability is assured. I'm sure the north koreans or the iranians would elcome you with open arms.
    I have one firm belief about the American political system, God is a Republican and Santa Claus is a Democrat P.J. O'Rourke





  3. #3
    Sun Worshiper
    Reputation: oreophilus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    7,368
    Quote Originally Posted by sandan
    Lucky for you all your money, $23 isn't it?, is buried in a coffee can in the local park. Maybe you should take all that dough and leave the US for someplace where the economic stability is assured. I'm sure the north Koreans or the Iranians would welcome you with open arms.

    The smart people on f=88 have been predicting exactly what has been happening while MORONS like YOU have had their heads in the sand.

    But for you, you've not only had your head in the sand, you've had your head in the sand-an.

    Last edited by oreophilus; 08-17-2007 at 02:05 PM.
    .

  4. #4
    banned
    Reputation: warfaminepestilenceplague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,679

    Sandan, the North Korea model and the American model are not the only options.

    Why is it that people who criticise the United States are always invited to resettle in the worst possible alternative places, like Iran or North Korea?

    Like most patriotic right wingers, you are unwilling to even entertain the possibility that there are more successful democracies than the miserable model presented by the United States. Many industrialised countries have far higher levels of education, wealth, health, and democratic participation than the demockery you call home. They manage to do all this without involving themselves in wars, and supporting tyrants.

    Have you ever heard of Switzerland, Norway, Japan, or even South Korea?

    Stay home, you ugly American, turn on POX News, and wave your little flag. Everybody else in the world knows what a big stupid joke you really are.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    145
    Quote Originally Posted by warfaminepestilenceplague
    An 50 point rate cut .

    I wish it was a 50 point cut

  6. #6
    banned
    Reputation: bloviating's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,018
    Quote Originally Posted by warfaminepestilenceplague
    Why is it that people who criticise the United States are always invited to resettle in the worst possible alternative places, like Iran or North Korea?

    Like most patriotic right wingers, you are unwilling to even entertain the possibility that there are more successful democracies than the miserable model presented by the United States. Many industrialised countries have far higher levels of education, wealth, health, and democratic participation than the demockery you call home. They manage to do all this without involving themselves in wars, and supporting tyrants.

    Have you ever heard of Switzerland, Norway, Japan, or even South Korea?

    Stay home, you ugly American, turn on POX News, and wave your little flag. Everybody else in the world knows what a big stupid joke you really are.
    And what happens to their economies if the US tanks? Oh, yeah they also will collapse.

  7. #7
    Switchback Prince
    Reputation: Windjammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    813
    Quote Originally Posted by bloviating
    And what happens to their economies if the US tanks? Oh, yeah they also will collapse.
    I don't think this is necessarily true. Isn't the weak dollar to facilitate american business infiltration into overseas markets and help keep overseas markets out of here? I remember hearing that foreign investors are starting to pull out of america because the weak dollar works against them.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: sandan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    7,698
    Quote Originally Posted by warfaminepestilenceplague
    Why is it that people who criticise the United States are always invited to resettle in the worst possible alternative places, like Iran or North Korea?

    Like most patriotic right wingers, you are unwilling to even entertain the possibility that there are more successful democracies than the miserable model presented by the United States. Many industrialised countries have far higher levels of education, wealth, health, and democratic participation than the demockery you call home. They manage to do all this without involving themselves in wars, and supporting tyrants.

    Have you ever heard of Switzerland, Norway, Japan, or even South Korea?

    Stay home, you ugly American, turn on POX News, and wave your little flag. Everybody else in the world knows what a big stupid joke you really are.
    Ooh cut to the quick, my life blood is gushing out, you are such a tool, you to cookiedick.
    I have one firm belief about the American political system, God is a Republican and Santa Claus is a Democrat P.J. O'Rourke





  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: drunkle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,899
    weak currency + stable gov = jackpot. look at china and all the investment there.

    weakening of the dollar vs yen = unwinding "carry trade"; like, borrowing money against your home equity at a 5% rate in order to invest in the stock market at a 10% rate. if your mortgage rate goes up a bunch, the risk/reward goes down so you pull out of stocks.

    foreign investors pulling out of us corp securities is a result of the collapse of the mortgage market.

  10. #10
    banned
    Reputation: Wasatch Walt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,178
    "Day of Reckoning"?

    you sound like a Christianist

  11. #11
    banned
    Reputation: bloviating's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,018
    Quote Originally Posted by Windjammer
    I don't think this is necessarily true. Isn't the weak dollar to facilitate american business infiltration into overseas markets and help keep overseas markets out of here? I remember hearing that foreign investors are starting to pull out of america because the weak dollar works against them.
    Part of the problem is that the US imports more than it exports. If our economy goes south we will import less. This in turn means a slowing of the other economies. Because of globalization (like it or hate it) the worlds economies are very closely intertwined. When one crashes it impacts them all. Since the US is so large the effects would be that much greater.

  12. #12
    orthonormal
    Reputation: andy f's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,049
    In case anyone was unaware, it was the discount rate rather than the fed rate that was cut.
    The glass is twice as large as it needs to be

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation: sandan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    7,698
    Quote Originally Posted by andy f
    In case anyone was unaware, it was the discount rate rather than the fed rate that was cut.
    Correct, but why burst the whoresman's tirade.
    I have one firm belief about the American political system, God is a Republican and Santa Claus is a Democrat P.J. O'Rourke





  14. #14
    outdoor miner
    Reputation: leximog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,514
    Quote Originally Posted by sandan
    Correct, but why burst the whoresman's tirade.
    Tell us again wise one.

    The economy is in great shape, even though the presses are rolling hot, Zimbabwe style.
    [SIZE=-1]Experience is like a comb that life gives you when you are bald[/SIZE]

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation: drunkle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,899
    Quote Originally Posted by andy f
    In case anyone was unaware, it was the discount rate rather than the fed rate that was cut.
    there's a liquidity "crisis". meaning banks wont or can't lend their reserves to each other. the discount rate is supposed to be higher than the fund rate, a cut in the discount rate means that banks can borrow directly from the fed at reduced "penalty".

    this is a bail out, make no mistake.

  16. #16
    banned
    Reputation: warfaminepestilenceplague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,679

    The real trouble will start soon.

    Banks will tighten up lending controls. Borrowers will not be able to use their equity to finance continued consumption, since everybody knows that housing values are decreasing, not increasing. No borrowing means no spending, since Americans no longer earn incomes sufficient to sustain spending(or saving).

    No spending means NO ECONOMY.

    GAME OVER.

  17. #17
    outdoor miner
    Reputation: leximog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,514
    Quote Originally Posted by warfaminepestilenceplague
    Banks will tighten up lending controls. Borrowers will not be able to use their equity to finance continued consumption, since everybody knows that housing values are decreasing, not increasing. No borrowing means no spending, since Americans no longer earn incomes sufficient to sustain spending(or saving).

    No spending means NO ECONOMY.


    GAME OVER.
    Stocks rose on Friday, so everything is "back on track".

    [SIZE=-1]Experience is like a comb that life gives you when you are bald[/SIZE]

  18. #18
    banned
    Reputation: bloviating's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,018
    Quote Originally Posted by leximog
    Stocks rose on Friday, so everything is "back on track".

    Wish that were true. War does have some points, what he fails to realize is that a collapsing economy will take him down with it.

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation: drunkle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,899
    Quote Originally Posted by bloviating
    Wish that were true. War does have some points, what he fails to realize is that a collapsing economy will take him down with it.
    sticking your head in the sand wont stop it and neither will it help you prepare. seriously, it's like the global warming issue squared. you have evidence and high probability of certain doom. you can talk out of the side of your mouth like bernanke, but if you don't actually take precaution, you're going to get burned.

    i think this was a lesson hard learned by those who lived through the great depression. we made fun of our grandparents who nickle and dimed us at christmas, but now we'll learn.

    and what to call this event... the great prozac prescription?

  20. #20
    outdoor miner
    Reputation: leximog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,514
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkle
    sticking your head in the sand wont stop it and neither will it help you prepare. seriously, it's like the global warming issue squared. you have evidence and high probability of certain doom. you can talk out of the side of your mouth like bernanke, but if you don't actually take precaution, you're going to get burned.

    i think this was a lesson hard learned by those who lived through the great depression. we made fun of our grandparents who nickle and dimed us at christmas, but now we'll learn.

    and what to call this event... the great prozac prescription?
    I don't even think it is the event.

    It is just a bit of froth being blown off the top.

    Sandamn et al. are living in blind hope.
    [SIZE=-1]Experience is like a comb that life gives you when you are bald[/SIZE]

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation: drunkle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,899
    Quote Originally Posted by leximog
    I don't even think it is the event.

    It is just a bit of froth being blown off the top.

    Sandamn et al. are living in blind hope.
    well, hope for the best, but prepare for the worst... the savings rate of americans certainly shows how lost that basic tenet has become.

    personally, i just know the heat shield's been damaged. you can only bondo the thing so many times...

  22. #22
    banned
    Reputation: warfaminepestilenceplague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,679

    The big crash wil be in October, as usual.

    Quote Originally Posted by leximog
    I don't even think it is the event.
    I am not sure why October is usually crash month, but it is. If you look closely at the downwatd plunging graph of any stock market correction, you will find many upward spikes. The 1929 crash actually took months to hit bottom. There were many 'good days' on the way down. The post 2001 bubble shows the same pattern. We are in fact still AT THE TOP of this plunge. The long term DJIA graph shows this very clearly. The Nasdaq will bottom out at around 1200 points. Similarly, the DOW will lose about half of its current value.

    Don't expect to hear this kind of forecast on Cramer's Mad Money or any other Wall Street cheerleader services. They are all part of the game to keep this farce going for as long as possible. There are realistic forecasters out there, but they are not given the repetitive exposure that is needed to make them household names. We have all heard of idiots like Cramer, but who has ever heard of Stephen Roach? He is chief economist at Morgan Stanley, and he has predicted this correction since the early years of the housing bubbleYou will finfd his analysis at the Morgan Stanley website, in the Global Economic Forum(GEF) area. There are others like him, but you have to dig to find them. You will find that they were ignored during the 'Boom' times, but have proven to be 100% correct.

    The next decade will be a difficult one for average Americans. The ruling aristocracy will of course be shielded by the prostitute legislators who sell their services to the highest bidder. This includes Democrats like Hillary Clinton.

  23. #23
    banned
    Reputation: bloviating's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,018
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkle
    well, hope for the best, but prepare for the worst... the savings rate of americans certainly shows how lost that basic tenet has become.

    personally, i just know the heat shield's been damaged. you can only bondo the thing so many times...
    Very true. My dad grew up in the depression so I have always tended to be conservative fiscally. (I'm 44 dad is 84). Low debt. Man some of my friends, scares me how in debt they are. Their total assets may exceed mine but if there is a hiccup they are in serious trouble.

  24. #24
    banned
    Reputation: bloviating's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,018
    Edit: Double post

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •