Thread: Fringe Freaks

mtbr member
    Sep 2004

Hope Fringe Freaks

Have you noticed that most of the extremist freaks from either side of an argument are the people who can't make a good living, usually have few if any friends and are annonymous in a real society. This is probably the reason for these people's anger. Look who the name calling, argumentative angry people are on here. Mr. kick and Wonderful Walt or the always antagonistic Gonzo. Do you think these people have balanced accomplished lives.

If I were to run into one of you on the street I would do what I could to help you so why the hate. There is more to life than name calling on the internet. Apparently from your post count and the number that start with hate, you are unhappy.

The Neo Nazi types and the Leftist extremists have one thing in common. They hate the world because they can't succeed in it. I'm not a doctor (I just play one on the internet) but it would appear several of you are suffering from the same situation.

I realize you find acceptance from other underachievers on here but that doesn't mean you can't do it in a friendly way.

T 3
    X - Pensive Wino
    Quote Originally Posted by own154
    Have you noticed that most of the extremist freaks from either side of an argument are the people who can't make a good living, usually have few if any friends and are annonymous in a real society. This is probably the reason for these people's anger. Look who the name calling, argumentative angry people are on here. Mr. kick and Wonderful Walt or the always antagonistic Gonzo. Do you think these people have balanced accomplished lives.

If I were to run into one of you on the street I would do what I could to help you so why the hate. There is more to life than name calling on the internet. Apparently from your post count and the number that start with hate, you are unhappy.

The Neo Nazi types and the Leftist extremists have one thing in common. They hate the world because they can't succeed in it. I'm not a doctor (I just play one on the internet) but it would appear several of you are suffering from the same situation.

I realize you find acceptance from other underachievers on here but that doesn't mean you can't do it in a friendly way.
    Well alright,that was own154 !

He'll be here all week folks,don't forget to tip your servers

All of those guys have given me a least a bit of crap and I'm more than willing to fling it back in their faces if necessary, but each of them have managed to cause me to challange my beliefs and even consider altering a few of them over time.

Mark 'em down for style points if you must,but I like what they bring to the table whether I agree with them or not....

You don't really know sheeeet about their personal lives,nor do we about your's, so lighten up Frances...

Can't stand the heat in this kitchen ? That's a shame....
    Last edited by T 3; 10-22-2005 at 09:11 AM.
    "There's a fine line between clever and stupid."
    -David St. Hubbins, Spinal Tap

banned
    You ever find it funny how some ugly people are convinced that they're good looking, and they become the biggest judges of outward appearence.

transitional form
    What's funny to me is how completely wrong you are about your targets.

Kick- just completed a PhD.
    Walt- An apparently successful geologist.
    gonzo- An accomplished lawyer who is well-off enough to chase his dream as a framebuilder.

Not exactly "underachievers," however you might feel about the content or style of their posts.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Belfrey
    What's funny to me is how completely wrong you are about your targets.

Kick- just completed a PhD.
    Walt- An apparently successful geologist.
    gonzo- An accomplished lawyer who is well-off enough to chase his dream as a framebuilder.

Not exactly "underachievers," however you might feel about the content or style of their posts.
    I'm guessing the vast majority of F88'ers wouldn't qualify as underachievers - at least not by your metrics.

That's why I spend more time here than the rest of the site - I simply don't care what 13 y/o's have to say.

outdoor miner

I'm not sure there is any correlation.

Most of the people I hang out with are extremist freaks. Some of them are quiet, some are loud. They are all too smart for their own good, but I love them for it anyway.

As to their levels of achievement, much the same as "normals", some have done very well for themselves, others not so well.

Sorry, but I don't see a connection.
    [SIZE=-1]Experience is like a comb that life gives you when you are bald[/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    A phd with no job?
    A Geologist at fast food pay rate?
    Licensed in three states employed in none?

I would probably be angry too.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    A phd with no job?

So your baseless rant stems from your anger at being what--an overachiever with nothing better to do but bait strangers on an internet BB? Whatever.

gentle like
    Walt just likes to mess with people and carry jokes to a degree beyond what most of us are comfortable with. He's practically British.

Gonzo is self-admittedly frustrated by the universe - though not for the reasons you cite.

I think the same things apply to Kick.

There are lots of reasons people are upset about life apart from personal economics or prestige. In fact, I guess that if the people you mention were 'only' upset about personal economics and prestige, they might be much less frustrated about life than they actually are.

Economics and prestige can be addressed and changed. They are within our power to do something about. Other frustrations are much harder to do something about.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kept man

I think the only thing that applies to the ballBOI is that he's a fairly articulate wordsmith. Most likely a journalism student who flunked out of the program. Now, he's merely another street freak carrying on his private little war with the United States.

With winter coming expect more posts from him because he'll be hanging out in the public library more and using their computers longer.

banned
    A phd with no job?

wait a minute

you started off critizing people for their hatred quotient,
    then you moved on to how they must suck so much

now you are just outright hatefully libeling us?

Is the kettle black here, or what?

It seems you want in the country club you so disdain. OK, come on in. All are welcome, though the racists are hard to stomach.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Wasatch Walt
    wait a minute

you started off critizing people for their hatred quotient,
    then you moved on to how they must suck so much

now you are just outright hatefully libeling us?

Is the kettle black here, or what?

It seems you want in the country club you so disdain. OK, come on in. All are welcome, though the racists are hard to stomach.
    Day late, dollar short, Walt - I was looking for the "R" word this time yesterday.

Dammit!

ride your bike
    Quote Originally Posted by kept man
    Walt just likes to mess with people and carry jokes to a degree beyond what most of us are comfortable with. He's practically British.

Gonzo is self-admittedly frustrated by the universe - though not for the reasons you cite.

There are lots of reasons people are upset about life apart from personal economics or prestige. In fact, I guess that if the people you mention were 'only' upset about personal economics and prestige, they might be much less frustrated about life than they actually are.

Economics and prestige can be addressed and changed. They are within our power to do something about. Other frustrations are much harder to do something about.
    I think the rant against Gonz shows his level of "effectiveness" here in f-88, considering his AWOL status as of late. Good on ya, Gonzo!
    Taking it easy for all you sinners.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jubilee
    I think the rant against Gonz shows his level of "effectiveness" here in f-88, considering his AWOL status as of late. Good on ya, Gonzo!
    I don't think he has internet access right now - he said as much on another forum.

banned
    A phd with no job?

There are a zilion reasons why people are angry. Usually it has little to with one's job, lack thereof or rate of pay. The usual reaction is depression.

No anger comes from, well, anger. Being angry at Bush. Being angry about Iraq. And, dare I say it, being angry at religion (neocons-fundies-hypocrites).

Edit: Thought. It seems most anger come from politics and the way things are done.

Some people are just a*sholes. Some people just want to f*ck with you, because they can get away with it in the safe setting of a forum.

Anyway, the sirien call of the Sierras beckons. I am drawn to my hardtail. Later.
    Last edited by SNPete; 10-22-2005 at 10:20 AM.