Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Hairy man

Foley's source of religious values

So Foley's molester speaks out, and demonstrates the sort of moral clarity and sense of responsibility we've come to expect from the Catholic Church in these matters:

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/10/...est/index.html
    We all get it in the end.

fsp
    obey!
    I see a suicide in someones future.

banned
    I don't know who would be more embarrassed by this disclosure. The Priest or Foley.

the cool nerd
    He only fondled him, and took naked saunas.
    "The search for a perfect pint should take lifetime." M.Jackson

Ride bikes, not goats. Just good advice

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Moody
    So Foley's molester speaks out, and demonstrates the sort of moral clarity and sense of responsibility we've come to expect from the Catholic Church in these matters:
    ]
    Moody, and all this time I thought you were a champion of hom0sexual rights...

gentle like
    Quote Originally Posted by sportsman
    He only fondled him, and took naked saunas.
    Yes, good clean fun.

I for one am thinking this whole priest's disclosure thing is a work, to be honest.

I mean, you've read the statements, yes? They are absurd. Ridiculous.

I think a bank account somewhere in Switzerland just opened up.

This has nothing to do with the political affiliation of Foley; it has to do with something being so out there that it seems more likely to be a work than reality. Truth stranger than fiction be damned.

the cool nerd
    it takes a classy guy, working with children his whole life, to equate child molestation with with homosexual rights. I hadn't realized that their (homosexuals) quest for non-discrimination, and for the rights afforded through marriage/civil unions was really a smokescreen hiding their legal campaign to allow pedophilia.

Good job NuBoy, you've descended to a new low

mtbr member
    it takes a classy guy, working with children his whole life, to equate child molestation with with homosexual rights. I hadn't realized that their (homosexuals) quest for non-discrimination, and for the rights afforded through marriage/civil unions was really a smokescreen hiding their legal campaign to allow pedophilia.

I agree Nuboy, but I think you could sink lower. And I think you should. It is importnant for people to compensate for Gonzostrike's (PBUH) absence.

banned

Oh pleeze...give me a break, sporty! Where are all the gay rights activists that should be defending this poor hom0sexual? Barney Frank and Gary Studds are heros. This smacks of partisanship. It seems like you people are piling on. I've asked this before...has Foley been arrested for sex with minors?

banned

Gmaki?

(juz funnin)

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuboy
    Oh pleeze...give me a break, sporty! Where are all the gay rights activists that should be defending this poor hom0sexual? Barney Frank and Gary Studds are heros. This smacks of partisanship. It seems like you people are piling on. I've asked this before...has Foley been arrested for sex with minors?
    isn't a hero a person who beats the shyte out of the war drum and has never served himself? Then when the path is clearly wrong just beats the war drum a little less?

here today
    Quote Originally Posted by kept man
    Yes, good clean fun.

I for one am thinking this whole priest's disclosure thing is a work, to be honest.

I mean, you've read the statements, yes? They are absurd. Ridiculous.

I think a bank account somewhere in Switzerland just opened up.

This has nothing to do with the political affiliation of Foley; it has to do with something being so out there that it seems more likely to be a work than reality. Truth stranger than fiction be damned.
    In any case, the priest should be taken to the cleaners, statute of limitations be damned.

"oh, it was the drugs and alcohol"
    oh, pleez...

Or should we just get on with the idea that 13 year olds have a sexuality? And a 29 year old can play with altar boys?

the cool nerd
    oh give us a break nubby..

no one in this thread is even piling on Foley, we're attacking yet another catholic priest. One, whom if we believe his words and Foley's word assaulted a 13 (?) year old boy, and probably assaulted others. Has Barney Frank ever been accused of anything, except that he's gay and that twists your panties ina wad. Gary Studds should've been thrown out of congress, but that was then. If he did it today, he would be tossed, regardless of his party. Onlyyou hardcore republicans want this to be about homosexuality.

Of course, I'm sure in your holy book, wanting to hold a priest responsible for his actions is even worse than attacking a republican. After all, they are ordained before God, their words are infallible, if they want to hit altar boys, then the rest of the worlds hsould turn their heads, eh nubby

gentle like
    Quote Originally Posted by zenmonkey
    Or should we just get on with the idea that 13 year olds have a sexuality? And a 29 year old can play with altar boys?
    I think most places are pretty on with the idea that 13-year-olds can have a sexuality ... and I think most people would agree there is a big difference between that adolescent exploring/messing around with another cohort, vs. a teen and a late twentysomething. That is a very different dynamic at work.

I agree that regardless, the priest should have several heavy books thrown at him. Catholic bibles are no joke, and a book of common prayer packs a wallop also.

But still, don't you find this whole mess so hilarious that you wonder? Can you think of more stock/stereotypically ridiculous lines? They are as American as adolescent apple pie:

"It's not my fault - I was molested by my Catholic Priest!"

"Yes, it was me, the friendly evil neighbourhood pedophile Priest, but I did nothing wrong - ha! ha! Just some spooning and platonic bathhaus action!"

I mean honestly ... doesn't it make you wonder, just a little?

Isn't this whole excuse/shebang the sexual equivalent of the dog ate my homework?

gentle like
    No, Sports is right.

Boo-boy.

Get back to resting that knee. You doing physio yet?

here today

no one in this thread is even piling on Foley, we're attacking yet another catholic priest. One, whom if we believe his words and Foley's word assaulted a 13 (?) year old boy, and probably assaulted others. Has Barney Frank ever been accused of anything, except that he's gay and that twists your panties ina wad. Gary Studds should've been thrown out of congress, but that was then. If he did it today, he would be tossed, regardless of his party. Onlyyou hardcore republicans want this to be about homosexuality.

Of course, I'm sure in your holy book, wanting to hold a priest responsible for his actions is even worse than attacking a republican. After all, they are ordained before God, their words are infallible, if they want to hit altar boys, then the rest of the worlds hsould turn their heads, eh nubby
    In the end this is just another ridiculous farting noise in the American political stage. If there are victims, there is a place for that. Sporty has been talking about the abuse of position, etc. Unseemly conduct. All true.
    A true story, a colleague of mine dated and married one of my in-house consultants - there was a potential for conflict of interest and what not as his department was doing work for me under her guidance. As a pro, she let me know what thedeal was and asked me for advice and input knowing full well I could terminate her contract on the spot.
    So what was she guilty of? And I?

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Wasatch Walt
    isn't a hero a person who beats the shyte out of the war drum and has never served himself? Then when the path is clearly wrong just beats the war drum a little less?
    That makes you my hero Walt....

Every thing you do just helps the enemies of the US fight harder..

You embolden them..make you feel important..you pri_ck
    Last edited by Nuboy; 10-21-2006 at 02:50 PM.

gentle like
    Quote Originally Posted by zenmonkey
    So what was she guilty of? And I?
    She? Sounds like she was guilty of nothing. While I'm confused as to whether she was the supervisee or the supervisor in question, sounds like she did indeed handle it like a pro. I'm gonna go with she as the supervisor.

I'm guessing both were adults (since you didn't say otherwise), and acted accordingly. No apparent abuse of position. Carefully navigated the delicate parts of the issue ... thumbs up. A world of difference from the priest/altar boy arrangement.

As for you ... I'd guess voyeurism, hypersensualist that you are.

banned

Such sarcasm! You obviously hate Catholic Priests Sporty, I bet you even hate just poor old run of the mill Christians, right?... BTW, Wasn't Barny caught soliciting sex? No big deal..right? He's cool..obviously your hero.

And what about your boy, Studds? He's still considered a great man and a champion for homosexual rights...so, the sex act he had with the 17 year old, molestation?...or, just sex between two homosexual lovers?

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kept man
    No, Sports is right.

Boo-boy.

Get back to resting that knee. You doing physio yet?
    Naw...Sport, you, and buttboy Walt..are wrong

mtbr member
    May 2006
    I'm with Nuboy. All you folks who are critical of priests who sexually molest young boys are really just giving voice to your hatred of God and Christianity. It probably has something to do with hating George Bush and loving terrorists, too.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadRash
    I. It probably has something to do with hating George Bush and loving terrorists, too.
    The first intelligent thing you've said..Jockrash

mtbr member
    May 2006
    The first intelligent thing you've said..Jockrash
    The sad thing about this, Nuboy, is that you probably believe it.

Where is DeeZee to protest the conservative hate mongering?

Art is Resistance
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadRash
    The sad thing about this, Nuboy, is that you probably believe it.

Where is DeeZee to protest the conservative hate mongering?

Yeah... that kinda is sad.

And deezee? He only has eyes for one man, and that man is walt. You're blind to him, Road, sorry.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Yo, Nuboy,

"Jockrash" is now passe. You have been one-upped by another master of the witty putdown: it is now "Diaper Rash." Get with the program.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast