banned

Exxon Mobil Posts Record Annual Profit

Press Release from Exxon Mobil
    Thursday, February first, 2007

Exxon Mobil corporation wishes to thank all those Americans who willingly sacrificed their lives in Iraq. The instability and turmoil generated by the conflagration has resulted in supply uncertainty and price speculation in global petroleum markets. Our shareholders have benefitted tremendously from this.

We would also like to announce our pleasure at the fact that all of this will be paid for by the taxpayers of the United States, long into the future, as they work to pay off loans from Japan, China, England, and other nations.

You American citizens are the people who make globalization really work, and we are the people who really benefit.

Thank You, America

Exxon Mobil Corporation

mtbr member
    Stop whining and buy Exxon stock

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbuz
    Amen!

Elitest thrill junkie
    And the price of gas is down too! I payed about 2.10 last time for premium.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Right up until the Dems gained leadership of congress we were all invested in Exxon. At a 0% return.

mtbr member
    I think this is great. I love seeing any business, big or small, be successful. I just can't fathom why Bush and congress have been trying give back $billions to them in reduced royalty payments. I'm guessing most Americans don't realize that every dollar we give back to big oil in tax breaks is another dollar we have to pay in taxes or add to our debt.

Maybe we should cut Microsoft some slack too. They shouldn't have to pay all those taxes just because they're successful. We want them to keep producing software so we can keep buying it. Heck, my version of Flight Simulator must be 4 years old. I need the rest of the country to help subsidize gas for my SUV and my software.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    What is truly amazing is the mentality of the pro-tax break crowd at this time of record spending. It never occurs to them that debt is a "tax" that will come due some day, plus interest.

Interest on the public debt this year is $440,400,000,000.00. That is just the interest. Money up in smoke.

banned
    Exxon is a helluva well run company; other than giving that POS Lee Raymond $400 mil.

Listen People, STOP USING SO MUCH OIL

it is the people who buy it and use it

This is not Exxon's fault.

It is My fault for going Goose Honking

It is Kept's Fawlt for FLYING TO NEW ZEALAND TO PHOQUING SURF (gimme a break).

gentle like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wasatch Walt
    It is Kept's Fawlt for FLYING TO NEW ZEALAND TO PHOQUING SURF (gimme a break).
    Man, not that I could appreciate it, and I know why you are teasing, but apparently NZ surfing is really quite good.

In our group we had some a surfing couple from CA who were beside themselves with glee at the breaks we had ... by we, I mean the big shyte that was further out than the stuff most of us tried. Also some fancy Brits - families in town for the world sailing championships - who had surfed a lot of places, and they also said NZ was some of the best.

Just don't want NZ tarnished on my account.

And you forgot the whole Sweden trip for gas usage. Did you check the link lately? Interiors from ze ice hotel are up.

Sun Worshiper
    And just to think, EXXON and CALTEX would never have had the opportunity to fleece the American taxpayers, 9-11 would never have happened: to have an excuse to invade Afghanistan so that pipelines could be build to transport Caspian GAS to Western Markets; to have an excuse to invade Iraq to give EXXON, BP, SHELL and CALTEX exploitative contracts to empty IRAQI OIL for 30 years .... without that secretive Cheney Energy Task Force meeting 6 months before 9-11.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by warfaminepestilenceplague
    Press Release from Exxon Mobil
    Thursday, February first, 2007

Exxon Mobil corporation wishes to thank all those Americans who willingly sacrificed their lives in Iraq. The instability and turmoil generated by the conflagration has resulted in supply uncertainty and price speculation in global petroleum markets. Our shareholders have benefitted tremendously from this.

We would also like to announce our pleasure at the fact that all of this will be paid for by the taxpayers of the United States, long into the future, as they work to pay off loans from Japan, China, England, and other nations.

You American citizens are the people who make globalization really work, and we are the people who really benefit.

Thank You, America

Exxon Mobil Corporation
    10% profits are good but nothing to start freaking out about.
    Check out: www.f88me.com

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kept man
    Man, not that I could appreciate it, and I know why you are teasing, but apparently NZ surfing is really quite good.

In our group we had some a surfing couple from CA who were beside themselves with glee at the breaks we had ... by we, I mean the big shyte that was further out than the stuff most of us tried. Also some fancy Brits - families in town for the world sailing championships - who had surfed a lot of places, and they also said NZ was some of the best.

Just don't want NZ tarnished on my account.

And you forgot the whole Sweden trip for gas usage. Did you check the link lately? Interiors from ze ice hotel are up.
    Hey PhuckWad

you MUST read this
    http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...sn=001&sc=1000

and watch that video ... it is totally frightening
    you'll never surf again

gentle like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wasatch Walt
    and watch that video ... it is totally frightening
    you'll never surf again
    "Riding Giants" had a good portion of screentime devoted to Maverick.

As with the rock vs. mountain climbing distinction, I won't ever do big-wave surfing, even if by some unlikely event I ever got good enough to consider it.

I would love to live somewhere I could surf, though. Apparently there is a standing wave in the St. Lawrence that Mrs' is pushing as an incentive to move us to Montreal, which she loves, but I don't know.

In Sweden, I talked to some folks who do surfing there, all year round ... in the Baltic freakin' Sea! Those be some serious wetsuits. Nice waves, but ... Brrr.
    Last edited by kept man; 02-02-2007 at 10:46 AM.

mtbr member
    You guys ought to see the upcomming Annual Report from EM!!!!