here today

a different Gobble Gobble - cannibal film banned

Cannibal film banned in Germany

[size=2]
    Meiwes says he froze body parts and then ate them

A German court has banned the screening of a film based on the case of self-confessed cannibal Armin Meiwes. [/size][size=2]The state court in Kassel upheld a complaint from Meiwes, 44, against the film Rohtenburg, which was due for release in Germany on 9 March. [/size]

[size=2]The court ruled that Meiwes' rights as an individual outweighed artistic freedom and that he should not become the object of a horror film. (my highlight) [/size]

[size=2]Meiwes, jailed for eight-and-a-half years in 2004, is facing a retrial. [/size]

[size=2]He admitted that in March 2001 he killed a 43-year-old man and partially ate him. He was jailed for manslaughter. [/size]

[size=2]Meiwes says he simply carried out a willing victim's instructions. [/size]

[size=2]But last year, an appeal court ordered a retrial after state prosecutors argued Meiwes was guilty of murder. [/size]

[size=2]If found guilty, Meiwes could face a life sentence. [/size]

[size=2]Meiwes, a computer technician, killed and ate Bernd Juergen Brandes after posting an advert on the internet asking for a willing victim in 2001. [/size]

[size=2]The film Rohtenburg, directed by Martin Weisz, stars Thomas Kretschmann in the leading role. [/size]

here today
    can't believe you all didn't jump all over this - is it just because he's a foreigner and won't be gassed, grilled or quartered?

So, bump!

occasionally good
    Quote Originally Posted by zenmonkey
    can't believe you all didn't jump all over this - is it just because he's a foreigner and won't be gassed, grilled or quartered?

So, bump!

Interesting. You can say that this guy put himself in the public eye by virtue of his actions and so the film is fair game. That's how I'd read it.

BTW... EWWWWWWWWW. Shades of Jeffrey Dalhmer...
    Don't ask me a question unless you really want to hear what I think.

banned
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountaingirl1961
    Interesting. You can say that this guy put himself in the public eye by virtue of his actions and so the film is fair game. That's how I'd read it.

BTW... EWWWWWWWWW. Shades of Jeffrey Dalhmer...
    Sounds like thought for food

Sun Worshiper
    Quote Originally Posted by JM01
    Sounds like thought for food

The skinny: These two should dissuade others from following in their footsteps. You just don't get a good feed from that other white meat.

Life on a Sandbar
    Why do I like German cameras, cars, pistols???? I don't know....something not right in the Black Forrest.

Sun Worshiper
    Quote Originally Posted by TraumaARNP
    Why do I like German cameras, cars, pistols???? I don't know....something not right in the Black Forrest.
    Now that you know how to upload photos, let's see that Black M Four-est.

I've got a goodie that you're bound to admire in reply.

here today
    Guy has charisma ...

banned
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by oreophilus
    [IMG]
    The skinny: These two should dissuade others from following in their footsteps. You just don't get a good feed from that other white meat.
    Add one more to the list:

http://neovox.cortland.edu/archives/...lsen_drug.html

Mary-Kate Olsen's real eating disorder...she ate her third sister

here today
    Quote Originally Posted by JM01
    Add one more to the list:

http://neovox.cortland.edu/archives/...lsen_drug.html

Mary-Kate Olsen's real eating disorder...she ate her third sister
    wikipedia c&p

Rarely ever do such fetishes leave the realm of fantasies (aided by modern technology for photo modification or completely computer generated images). There have been extreme cases of real life sexualized cannibalism, such as those of the serial killers Albert Fish, Ed Gein, Jeffrey Dahmer, Sascha Spesiwtsew, Fritz Haarmann ("the Butcher of Hannover") and Andrei Chikatilo "The Soviet Hannibal Lecter".

Another well-known case involved a Japanese student of English literature, Issei Sagawa, who grew fond of Renée Hartevelt, a 25-year-old Dutch woman he met while studying at the Sorbonne Academy in Paris in 1981. He eventually murdered and ate her, writing a graphic yet poignant description of the act. Declared unfit to stand trial in France, his wealthy father had him extradited back to Japan where he eventually regained his freedom. The way he reveled in what he did made him a national celebrity, and he has written several bestselling novels and continues to write a nationally syndicated column. The story is the subject of a verse in the 1986 Rolling Stones song "Too Much Blood" and the 1981 Stranglers song "La Folie".

In December 2002, a highly unusual case was uncovered in the town of Rotenburg in Hesse, Germany. In 2001 Armin Meiwes, a 41-year-old computer administrator, had posted messages like his more recent ones (see messages) in Internet newsgroups on the subject of cannibalism, repeatedly looking for "a young Boy, between 18 and 30 y/o" to butcher. At least one of his requests was successful: Jürgen B., another computer administrator, offered himself to be slaughtered. The two men agreed on a meeting. Jürgen B. was, with his consent, killed and partially eaten by Armin M. Meiwes, who, as a result, was sentenced to eight-and-a-half years in jail for manslaughter (Totschlag, less than murder but more than killing on demand). The band Rammstein took up this case in the song Mein Teil. In April 2005, the courts ordered a retrial upon appeal of the prosecution.

This was not the first consensual killing mediated through the Internet, but it is the first such known case of consensual cannibalism

banned
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by zenmonkey
    This was not the first consensual killing mediated through the Internet, but it is the first such known case of consensual cannibalism
    did he taste like chicken?