mtbr member
    Dec 2007

Christians don't believe in gravity

I was watching "Family Guy" the other day, and heard the best line, I have heard in a long time.

"Christians don't believe in gravity."

Still cracks me up.

older dude

banned
    Easily amused? Or was it the marijane?

mtbr member
    I don't get it? I'm a believer in both the story and gravity.

Do pilots believe in gravity? Birds?
    Nobody cares...........

Rat Fink
    Gravity sucks.
    Raspberries, nature's poison ivy bait. (Formerly, 'Stops to eat the raspberries.')

Freeride Pabstist Church
    Jan 2006
    Gravity: not just a good idea, it's a law.

velocipede technician
    Quote Originally Posted by pisgahboy
    Gravity: not just a good idea, it's a law.
    I've been fighting gravity since I was 2

looking for 20-21" P team

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by older_dude
    I was watching "Family Guy" the other day, and heard the best line, I have heard in a long time.

"Christians don't believe in gravity."

Still cracks me up.

older dude
    I think I've only watched "Family Guy" once...for maybe 3-4 minutes. It took that long because I had to make sure it was as lame as the first minute. I've never watched it again. (*That's the show with the talking dog and talking baby right?) Nothing wrong with the Characters it's just that the story lines and dialog for the show (IMO) really sucked. I'll take the old WB stuff anytime.

orthonormal
    Gravity: Doesn't exist. If items of mass had any impact of others, then mountains should have people orbiting them. Or the space shuttle in space should have the astronauts orbiting it. Of course, that's just the tip of the gravity myth. Think about it. Scientists want us to believe that the sun has a gravitation pull strong enough to keep a planet like neptune or pluto in orbit, but then it's not strong enough to keep the moon in orbit? Why is that? What I believe is going on here is this: These objects in space have yet to receive mans touch, and thus have no sin to weigh them down. This isn't the case for earth, where we see the impact of transfered sin to material objects. The more sin, the heavier something is.
    The glass is twice as large as it needs to be

banned
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by andy f
    Gravity: Doesn't exist. If items of mass had any impact of others, then mountains should have people orbiting them. Or the space shuttle in space should have the astronauts orbiting it. Of course, that's just the tip of the gravity myth. Think about it. Scientists want us to believe that the sun has a gravitation pull strong enough to keep a planet like neptune or pluto in orbit, but then it's not strong enough to keep the moon in orbit? Why is that? What I believe is going on here is this: These objects in space have yet to receive mans touch, and thus have no sin to weigh them down. This isn't the case for earth, where we see the impact of transfered sin to material objects. The more sin, the heavier something is.
    The earth has the heavier fractions, the continents, rising above the lighter fractions, the oceans. This is a very strange inverse relationship that has never been explained.

Crunchatize me Capn'
    Quote Originally Posted by andy f
    Don't you know that it all has to do with how much "God" is in each object? The moon can't be pulled away because of how much God interacts with us here on Earth. The sun? WTF does God need to play around with the sun for? It sits there, it burns. Now Earth (phew), we're a lot of work. It only makes sense we don't float away.

Crunchatize me Capn'

How can you not like a show with such memorable lines....

Quote Originally Posted by Cat-man-do
    I think I've only watched "Family Guy" once...for maybe 3-4 minutes. It took that long because I had to make sure it was as lame as the first minute. I've never watched it again. (*That's the show with the talking dog and talking baby right?) Nothing wrong with the Characters it's just that the story lines and dialog for the show (IMO) really sucked. I'll take the old WB stuff anytime.

The Don: You come to me and ask me to kill a man I do not know. Now I ask you... why should I kill this Count Chocula?
    Captain Crunch: Because that son of a b!tch has been spreading lies. My cereal does not cut the roof of your mouth... with all respect.