banned

AntiWar Protestors: 150,000 now, 2 million in 2 years?

I am just old enough to remember the snowball to avalanche process of the Vietnam war protest movement.

When Bush lied about WMD in Iraq, then when he did the war by doing: "war on the cheap", he set up the protest movement.

Bush is 100% responsible for the antiwar movement. It is like he was drunk and on cocaine during the Vietnam era and doesn't remember it because he was so stoned. Oh wait, he WAS so stoned.

The losers foremost in this are the Iraqi people. The next biggest losers are those soldiers who have given life and limb for Bush's lies. The third biggest losers are the American people.

The big winners? The Islamic Fundamentalist Terrorists. Bush needed and needs them for his political existance. When he realized he needed them, he gave them what they wanted so he could carry forth his political aspirations. The problem is, it is a completely stupid strategy that only morans like Bush & Cheney could dream up.

0x4

concures...

Quote Originally Posted by Wasatch Walt
    I am just old enough to remember the snowball to avalanche process of the Vietnam war protest movement.

When Bush lied about WMD in Iraq, then when he did the war by doing: "war on the cheap", he set up the protest movement.

Bush is 100% responsible for the antiwar movement. It is like he was drunk and on cocaine during the Vietnam era and doesn't remember it because he was so stoned. Oh wait, he WAS so stoned.

The losers foremost in this are the Iraqi people. The next biggest losers are those soldiers who have given life and limb for Bush's lies. The third biggest losers are the American people.

The big winners? The Islamic Fundamentalist Terrorists. Bush needed and needs them for his political existance. When he realized he needed them, he gave them what they wanted so he could carry forth his political aspirations. The problem is, it is a completely stupid strategy that only morans like Bush & Cheney could dream up.
    NumbSkull agrees, well said. Hey, you still mad at NumbSkull? Don't be mad at NumbSkull, NumbSkull means no harm, NumbSkull loves everybody.
    Late, NS
    "It is critical that you think everything is an opportunity to kill." M.M.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NumbSkull
    NumbSkull agrees, well said. Hey, you still mad at NumbSkull? Don't be mad at NumbSkull, NumbSkull means no harm, NumbSkull loves everybody.
    Late, NS
    No NS, I misread your post as you pointed out.

My apologies.

Sir Walt the bowed.

banned

snowball to avalanche theory

Quote Originally Posted by Wasatch Walt

Two ways to look at this. According to your snowball to avalanche (S~N) theory; S~N=end of war, the current rate of growth of the protesters, according to your prediction, would lead to the entire U.S. population being on board the protest movement in approximately 5.6 years. We can wait for that mandate to be sure we get out of Iraq or we can assume that .0005 of Americans will always be in the mood to protest something, and ignore them, much the same way people ignore the far-out conspiracies that are posted on this forum almost daily.

Will they be protesting just as actively after the 2008 election puts a Democrat in the White House who insists we stay the course?

ride your bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan Go King

Will they be protesting just as actively after the 2008 election puts a Democrat in the White House who insists we stay the course?
    Just what is "the course", kind sir? I'd like to know what you might have in mind.
    Taking it easy for all you sinners.

0x4

will...

Two ways to look at this. According to your snowball to avalanche (S~N) theory; S~N=end of war, the current rate of growth of the protesters, according to your prediction, would lead to the entire U.S. population being on board the protest movement in approximately 5.6 years. We can wait for that mandate to be sure we get out of Iraq or we can assume that .0005 of Americans will always be in the mood to protest something, and ignore them, much the same way people ignore the far-out conspiracies that are posted on this forum almost daily.

NumbSkull will protest anyone, any party, any time, who want's to "stay the course?" NumbSkull says this ain't a "course" it's a FAWKING DEAD END!!!!
    Late, NS
    "It is critical that you think everything is an opportunity to kill." M.M.

banned

the course

Quote Originally Posted by jubilee
    Just what is "the course", kind sir? I'd like to know what you might have in mind.

You just got done reading the thread; "Bush's ideological quagmire" so you know the answer to this question already. Keep fighting insurgents and keep listening to your generals who are not so focused on what is politically expedient. They come up with ways to stop outsiders from delivering explosives and other ordinace to the insurgents, you ask them to carry-out an operation to destroy the materials and those smuggling them in.

I believe the leading candidates the Democrats have indicated they support the war, and that is after all we have come to find out about the WMD's. Should Hillary become President, it is important to remember that she was one of the first to say Saddam must be removed along with his WMD's. I'm sure, in the back of there minds, the people running the country in 2008 will want to get us out of Iraq when they can, but they will need to be careful how and when they do so. I can't imagine all our troops being brought home before then, unless the insurgents run out of volunteers or explosives.

banned
    "insurgents"?

have you defined that yet Titan?

gimme some Jesus love!

your gadfly,

The Moron

ride your bike
    You just got done reading the thread; "Bush's ideological quagmire" so you know the answer to this question already. Keep fighting insurgents and keep listening to your generals who are not so focused on what is politically expedient. They come up with ways to stop outsiders from delivering explosives and other ordinace to the insurgents, you ask them to carry-out an operation to destroy the materials and those smuggling them in.
    I notice your version of "the course" doesn't have much to do with reality or recent history.

It does sound good though. I'll say that.

But the words disaster, mess, mismanagement, cocksure, and naivete come to my mind when I think of "the course".
    Taking it easy for all you sinners.

banned
    http://www.toptechwriter.us/anti-war_protest/page_1.htm

sure don't look like 150,000 anti-war protesters to me

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankBooth
    http://www.toptechwriter.us/anti-war_protest/page_1.htm

sure don't look like 150,000 anti-war protesters to me

I think Steve Earl just took the stage and everyone is running for the exits.