Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,679

    Another Cuban Missle Crisis in the works?

    looks like the U.S. will be stretched a little thinner shortly...Iraq, Iran, Lebanon, Afghanistan, North Korea...and now this

    Makes the Cold War look like a walk in the park...how could so much go wrong, so quickly?

    http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/americ....ap/index.html

    [SIZE="3"]Chavez and Russia in arms deal[/SIZE]

    MOSCOW, Russian (AP) -- Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez said today that his oil-rich nation will sign major arms deals in Moscow to acquire Russian fighter jets and produce Kalashnikov assault rifles, as Russia shrugged off U.S. criticism of the weapons sales.

    On a visit to the city of Izhevsk, where Kalashnikovs are made, Chavez said contracts to buy Su-30 jets and set up Kalashnikov rifle and ammunition plants in Venezuela would be signed in Moscow on Thursday, the Interfax news agency reported.

    "We are breaking the U.S. blockade that was aimed at disarming Venezuela," Chavez said in separate comments broadcast on state-run television in Venezuela.

    "We are not going to attack anyone, but nobody should make a mistake with us, especially the U.S. empire that wants to dominate the world with cannons and bombs," he said.

    Chavez, who has become a thorn in Washington's side with his anti-U.S. policies, is to sign a more than US$1 billion (euro790 million) deal for about 30 Su-30 fighter jets and 30 helicopters, the Russian defense minister said last week.

    The United States underlined its opposition to the sale Tuesday and urged Moscow to reconsider the contracts

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    4,442
    Im not worried about Chavez. If he wants to fortify his country, that's his business.

    Funny how a relatively unarmed nation rich in oil, speaks out in it's own best interests, arms its self in defense of impirical control of THEIR resources.... and the US media spins it as "anti-US policies" So um... yah, they dont want the US to invade them, and take their oil. Shocking... These bastards hate america and are enemies of freedom!
    "What would happen to the Weather Channel's ratings if people werent scared anymore?"

  3. #3
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,679
    I can't help but see the parallels between Chavez and Salvador Allende...I think that he's right to think that there's a bulls-eye on his back

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salvador_Allende

    ....Since the onset his government was marked by the U.S. as a “communist” threat to the hemisphere and was the object of U.S. backed economic sanctions and covert CIA operations that attempted to prevent the Allende regime from stabilizing the economy; the CIA achieved this via the financing of strikes, the creation of a black market of essential goods, financing fascist ultra-right wing groups and political assassinations....

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    4,442
    I cant wait till our generation gets control of the riegns in this country. Unfortunately it's a good 10-20 years off.... my only fear is that by then it may be too late to turn around any of the problems created by preceeding administrations.
    "What would happen to the Weather Channel's ratings if people werent scared anymore?"

  5. #5
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,679
    Quote Originally Posted by Zonk0u
    I cant wait till our generation gets control of the riegns in this country. Unfortunately it's a good 10-20 years off.... my only fear is that by then it may be too late to turn around any of the problems created by preceeding administrations.
    hmmm...i said the same thing in 1966

  6. #6
    icanseeformiles(andmiles)
    Reputation: Rm80Co's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    241
    Quote Originally Posted by JM01
    hmmm...i said the same thing in 1966
    So did I, unfortunately, being a boomer himself, so did GWB.

  7. #7
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,679
    Quote Originally Posted by Rm80Co
    So did I, unfortunately, being a boomer himself, so did GWB.
    good point...looking at modern history, apparently the wrong people get into politics in each generation...Chamberlain, Hiltler, Stalin, Pol Pot, Nixon...its only that some are so bad that they make their contemporaries look good

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    4,442
    Quote Originally Posted by JM01
    good point...looking at modern history, apparently the wrong people get into politics in each generation...Chamberlain, Hiltler, Stalin, Pol Pot, Nixon...its only that some are so bad that they make their contemporaries look good
    why is that do you think?
    "What would happen to the Weather Channel's ratings if people werent scared anymore?"

  9. #9
    Samsonite Tester
    Reputation: Evel Knievel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    3,993
    Quote Originally Posted by Zonk0u
    why is that do you think?
    There is no incentive to go into politics . Any good for the people man will be assasinated .

    Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely . fini
    Yeah I gotta question. You got any excuses tonight Roy ? -Antonio Tarver

    There is room for it all, just ride what you like to on what you like to...that's freeriding. -rbn14



  10. #10
    Samsonite Tester
    Reputation: Evel Knievel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    3,993
    Quote Originally Posted by JM01
    looks like the U.S. will be stretched a little thinner shortly...Iraq, Iran, Lebanon, Afghanistan, North Korea...and now this

    Makes the Cold War look like a walk in the park...how could so much go wrong, so quickly?

    http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/americ....ap/index.html

    [SIZE=3]Chavez and Russia in arms deal[/SIZE]

    MOSCOW, Russian (AP) -- Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez said today that his oil-rich nation will sign major arms deals in Moscow to acquire Russian fighter jets and produce Kalashnikov assault rifles, as Russia shrugged off U.S. criticism of the weapons sales.

    On a visit to the city of Izhevsk, where Kalashnikovs are made, Chavez said contracts to buy Su-30 jets and set up Kalashnikov rifle and ammunition plants in Venezuela would be signed in Moscow on Thursday, the Interfax news agency reported.

    "We are breaking the U.S. blockade that was aimed at disarming Venezuela," Chavez said in separate comments broadcast on state-run television in Venezuela.

    "We are not going to attack anyone, but nobody should make a mistake with us, especially the U.S. empire that wants to dominate the world with cannons and bombs," he said.

    Chavez, who has become a thorn in Washington's side with his anti-U.S. policies, is to sign a more than US$1 billion (euro790 million) deal for about 30 Su-30 fighter jets and 30 helicopters, the Russian defense minister said last week.

    The United States underlined its opposition to the sale Tuesday and urged Moscow to reconsider the contracts
    Chavez's airforce will be destroyed in minutes . Not even off the ground before guided missles blow them sky high . He is wasting his money if he thinks that would deter the American military .
    Yeah I gotta question. You got any excuses tonight Roy ? -Antonio Tarver

    There is room for it all, just ride what you like to on what you like to...that's freeriding. -rbn14



  11. #11
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    2,997

    What does 1 billion get you these days?

    Quote Originally Posted by JM01
    looks like the U.S. will be stretched a little thinner shortly...Iraq, Iran, Lebanon, Afghanistan, North Korea...and now this

    Makes the Cold War look like a walk in the park...how could so much go wrong, so quickly?

    http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/americ....ap/index.html

    [SIZE="3"]Chavez and Russia in arms deal[/SIZE]

    MOSCOW, Russian (AP) -- Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez said today that his oil-rich nation will sign major arms deals in Moscow to acquire Russian fighter jets and produce Kalashnikov assault rifles, as Russia shrugged off U.S. criticism of the weapons sales.

    On a visit to the city of Izhevsk, where Kalashnikovs are made, Chavez said contracts to buy Su-30 jets and set up Kalashnikov rifle and ammunition plants in Venezuela would be signed in Moscow on Thursday, the Interfax news agency reported.

    "We are breaking the U.S. blockade that was aimed at disarming Venezuela," Chavez said in separate comments broadcast on state-run television in Venezuela.

    "We are not going to attack anyone, but nobody should make a mistake with us, especially the U.S. empire that wants to dominate the world with cannons and bombs," he said.

    Chavez, who has become a thorn in Washington's side with his anti-U.S. policies, is to sign a more than US$1 billion (euro790 million) deal for about 30 Su-30 fighter jets and 30 helicopters, the Russian defense minister said last week.

    The United States underlined its opposition to the sale Tuesday and urged Moscow to reconsider the contracts
    A couple cutting edge jet fighters and flight instructions?

    We just need to lay low as far as actions go and keep reminding the rest of the world we are armed to the teeth and can be just as crazy and fatalistic as the next patriot.

  12. #12
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,679
    Quote Originally Posted by Zonk0u
    why is that do you think?
    Because all us good guys fried our brains in the 60's?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •