mtbr member
    Jan 2004

9/26/02 USA Today article about New Orleans flood from tropical storm w/prediction

Almost exactly 3 years ago, a minor "tropical storm" created flooding in New Orleans and along with that report was a almost precise report on exactly what is now happening via the predictions of all the experts.

""I think things are going remarkably well," Tullier said. "This could have been the big one, but it's not, thank God"

http://www.usatoday.com/weather/news...ns-isidore.htm

Also, there was a PBS documentary within the last 3-5 years that I watched that showed exactly what is happening today... Exactly......

This has to be the most predicted flood in history.

Rebuild on that land.......foolish, but they probably will, although if all those New Orleans buildings need to be rebuilt in the French Quarter, it will be just like some Disneyland set without character.
    Solution 1. Move the city.
    Solution 2. Haul in a zillion tons of dirt, then rebuild
    Solution 3. Recreate the French Quarter in Las Vegas and move everyone and everything else to Arkansas.......make it a federal Indian Reservation, allow gambling, and make Bill Clinton the Chief.

ride your bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Chester
    Almost exactly 3 years ago, a minor "tropical storm" created flooding in New Orleans and along with that report was a almost precise report on exactly what is now happening via the predictions of all the experts.

""I think things are going remarkably well," Tullier said. "This could have been the big one, but it's not, thank God"

http://www.usatoday.com/weather/news...ns-isidore.htm

Also, there was a PBS documentary within the last 3-5 years that I watched that showed exactly what is happening today... Exactly......

This has to be the most predicted flood in history.

Rebuild on that land.......foolish, but they probably will, although if all those New Orleans buildings need to be rebuilt in the French Quarter, it will be just like some Disneyland set without character.
    Solution 1. Move the city.
    Solution 2. Haul in a zillion tons of dirt, then rebuild
    Solution 3. Recreate the French Quarter in Las Vegas and move everyone and everything else to Arkansas.......make it a federal Indian Reservation, allow gambling, and make Bill Clinton the Chief.
    Sheesh, this is crazy. Almost as crazy as peeps taking flying lessons and not caring how to land.
    Taking it easy for all you sinners.

the cool nerd
    and the next time there is a big earthquake in CA or Japan, are you going to trot out the same tired logic and predictions?

Someone at some time said that these areas are vulnerable, they've dodged the ullet this time but next time..next time..

and they didn't prepare for it

they didn't uproot their lives, and start over elsewhere because it's gonna happen..
    "The search for a perfect pint should take lifetime." M.Jackson

Ride bikes, not goats. Just good advice

The devil is an angel too
    Quote Originally Posted by sportsman
    and the next time there is a big earthquake in CA or Japan, are you going to trot out the same tired logic and predictions?

Someone at some time said that these areas are vulnerable, they've dodged the ullet this time but next time..next time..

and they didn't prepare for it

they didn't uproot their lives, and start over elsewhere because it's gonna happen..
    No, we should move everybody from the Florida coast, well, I guess all Florida. And Mississipi too. Don't forget Alabama! oh and all those tornados. People should move immediately. You see, they are fool people, living there, and you know New Orleans is just the Quarter anyway. I mean, you take Bourbon Street somewhere else and the moving is done.

Well, I have to leave, but since Anchorage is in a seismic zone and we have already been hit by a bad earthquake we are going to move the city away.
    Art is the most intense mode of individualism that the world has known.

Oscar Wilde

the cool nerd
    Quote Originally Posted by FrozenK
    oh and all those tornados. People should move immediately.

ban trailer parks..nationwide...and then make sure that we are not export mobile homes to the rest of the world..
    "The search for a perfect pint should take lifetime." M.Jackson

Ride bikes, not goats. Just good advice