Sun Worshiper

The 3,000th dead American soldier was sent home today in a body bag

3,000 Dead Americans in Iraq

Commentary ~ December 31, 2006: Despite President George Bush’s attempt to overshadow the grim milestone with a political execution, the 3,000th dead American soldier was sent home today in a body bag. The soldier fell on the last day of 2006, ringing in the New Year with a march towards 4,000.

As meticulously recorded on the Iraq Coalition Casualty Count website, the 3,000th dead American was also the 111th for December – the highest U.S. body count since November 2004.

Meanwhile, the political lynching of former Iraqi President Saddam Hussein after a mock trial in a kangaroo court went off without a hitch in the Green Zone -- Iraq’s equivalent of Guatanamo Bay. The Americans wanted the hanging to take place on their soil and under their control, for fear that he might escape if his killing was left up to the Iraqis.

[SIZE="3"]Ironic though it is that 43 years ago the United States put Saddam Hussein into power through a CIA-orchestrated coup. The Lord giveth, and the Lord taketh away.[/SIZE]

The New York-based International Action Center said in a statement faxed to the Associated Press that Hussein’s hanging was part of a plan by President Bush to escalate the war. "The execution of Saddam Hussein is a clear sign that the Bush administration is looking not to negotiate a way for the U.S. to leave Iraq, but is instead sending a signal that it will continue the war and escalate it despite the impending disaster," the Center said in a written statement.

Back in the United States, President Bush declared January 2 a day of national mourning for former president Gerald Ford. Then, in a rebuke to Bush from the grave, Ford cried out in an embargoed interview (from July 2004) that the Iraq war was not justified. “I don’t think I would have gone to war,” he said a little more than a year after President Bush launched the invasion.

In the tape-recorded interview, Ford was critical not only of Bush but also of Vice President Cheney (who used to be Ford’s chief of staff) and then-Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld, who served as Ford’s chief of staff and then his Pentagon chief. “Rumsfeld and Cheney and the president made a big mistake in justifying going into the war in Iraq. They put the emphasis on weapons of mass destruction,” Ford said. “And now, I’ve never publicly said I thought they made a mistake, but I felt very strongly it was an error in how they should justify what they were going to do.”

That is probably no consolation to the family of the 3,000th dead American now being flown home in a body bag.

[SIZE="1"]3,000 Americans have now been flown home from Iraq as the war escalates beyond control.[/SIZE]

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by oreophilus

Commentary ~ December 31, 2006: Despite President George Bush’s attempt to overshadow the grim milestone with a political execution, the 3,000th dead American soldier was sent home today in a body bag. The soldier fell on the last day of 2006, ringing in the New Year with a march towards 4,000.
    It seems that you revel in 'pissing in the wind' and like yelling "fire" in an empty theatre, Oreo.....why?

Your rhetoric - in most posts here in good ol F88 - does not change anything, sway peoples' opinions, or call people to action......it only makes people (here) loathe you....I am not one of those people, though.

I'm not a big fan of numbers....they can be so arbitrary...

With that said...I am almost at 1 post per day....that is NOT arbitrary....in the slightest.

"Total Posts: 514 (0.96 posts per day)"
    Last edited by Chief; 12-31-2006 at 04:15 PM.

Sun Worshiper
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief
    It seems that you revel in 'pissing in the wind' are loke yelling "fire" in an empty theatre, Oreo.....why?

Your rhetoric - in most posts here in good ol F88 - does not change anything, sway peoples' opinions, or call people to action......it only makes people (here) loathe you....I am not one of those people, though.

I'm not a big fan of numbers....they can be so arbitrary...

With that said...I am almost at 1 post per day....that is NOT arbitrary....in the slightest.

"Total Posts: 514 (0.96 posts per day)"
    Americans with a conscience are guilt ridden, those without are perturbed at having their plans compromised by my exposing all the American impropriety.

banned
    .....it only makes people (here) loathe you....I am not one of those people, though.

"loath" cookied!ck??? He's my bud! Hey, why don't you both come over for a BBQ?

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuboy
    "loath" cookied!ck??? He's my bud! Hey, why don't you both come over for a BBQ?
    I see you are more intelligent (did not say wise) than expected...

Loath or Loathe?

Loath is an adjective meaning "unwilling." It ends with a hard th and rhymes with growth or both.

Loathe is a verb meaning "to hate intensely." It ends with a soft th like the sound in smooth or breathe.

Retro-Fart
    What was Canada's contribution to the Liberation Of Iraq?

Oh I remember now, the "Canadarm" on the American Space Shuttle.
    I knew the job was dangerous when I took it.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave'sNotHere
    What was Canada's contribution to the Liberation Of Iraq?

Oh I remember now, the "Canadarm" on the American Space Shuttle.
    Not much, but some were there...I see you did your research.....

"Canada - Canada disclosed that there have been Canadian military liasion personnel "embedded in American and coalition forces since the beginning of the conflict." [15] In addition, an undisclosed number of JTF2 operators were deployed to Iraq temporarily, working closely with US and British special forces to carry out the rescue of the Christian Peacemaker Hostages. [16] The Royal Canadian Mounted Police and Canadian Security Intelligence Service were also involved in that operation. [17]. Canada was criticised by opposition parties for the participation of less than ten navy personnel participating in Iraq on a NATO exchange."

banned
    I see you are more intelligent (did not say wise) than expected...

Loath or Loathe?

Loath is an adjective meaning "unwilling." It ends with a hard th and rhymes with growth or both.

Loathe is a verb meaning "to hate intensely." It ends with a soft th like the sound in smooth or breathe.
    I guess I'm just loath to get it the way you people want me to...

Cheesh..