Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    outdoor miner
    Reputation: leximog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,514

    29%ers, do you swallow this?

    "The same folks that are bombing innocent people in Iraq were the ones who attacked us in America on September the 11th,"

    http://mediamatters.org/items/200707130007?f=h_topic
    [SIZE=-1]Experience is like a comb that life gives you when you are bald[/SIZE]

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    1,078
    I thought they all died in the bombings. :-)
    No wonder we are having a hard time in Iraq. These same 19 bastids keep fighting us. :-)

    I believe it as much as I believe my poor jokes above. But then again, I am a 71%er.

  3. #3
    banned
    Reputation: gmaki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    6,348
    Quote Originally Posted by seenvic
    I thought they all died in the bombings. :-)
    No wonder we are having a hard time in Iraq. These same 19 bastids keep fighting us. :-)

    I believe it as much as I believe my poor jokes above. But then again, I am a 71%er.
    We have killed some of their leaders twice and had to take Zarqawi one limb at a time, which kept growing back....

    I think Al Qaedas are like some sort of hybrid between a cat and a starfish.

  4. #4
    Trying to find Flow
    Reputation: Patchito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    3,515
    Quote Originally Posted by leximog
    "The same folks that are bombing innocent people in Iraq were the ones who attacked us in America on September the 11th,"

    http://mediamatters.org/items/200707130007?f=h_topic
    Playing "the Al Qaeda card"? I don't think anyone can seriously contend that the major disruptive force in Iraq right now are foreign fighters spreading chaos under the ideological banner of Al Qaeda.

    To take Bush's statement literallly as a means to further discredit him is either extremely stupid or intellectually dishonest. Are we fighting the same organization, ideology, fanaticism and inhumanity that flew those planes into the towers? Of course we are!

  5. #5
    banned
    Reputation: Wasatch Walt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,178
    Quote Originally Posted by Patchito

    To take Bush's statement literallly as a means to further discredit him is either extremely stupid or intellectually dishonest. Are we fighting the same organization, ideology, fanaticism and inhumanity that flew those planes into the towers? Of course we are!
    Patch!

    You speak Bush???

    You can help us understand as to when we should take him literally or not?

    Patch, you're a GOLD MINE. Literally the national press corp should be in your living room getting the translation. Because the ENTIRE country cannot figure out what the phucking idiot is saying!

    "Major Combat Operations Over"

    Was that a metaphor that meant 50 years????

  6. #6
    banned
    Reputation: warfaminepestilenceplague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,679
    The bombings in Iraq are sectarian violence. It is Sunni versus Shia. I did not realize that the Sunnis in the airplanes that hit the two towers were going after all the Shiites in New York City. I am sure appreciative of George W Bush for clairifying this for me.

    Or is it that the terrorist bombings in Baghdad are Islamic terrorists trying to kill American stockbrokers at work in Baghdad?

    This is really confusing...

  7. #7
    Evil, apparently
    Reputation: drevelo66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    821
    At best, this is a silly generalization. At worst, it's a gross misunderstanding of the situation.
    "Oh, people can come up with statistics to prove anything, Kent. 14% of people know that."-Homer J. Simpson

    "It's called cyber courage,a sad pathetic disease...."-T3

  8. #8
    outdoor miner
    Reputation: leximog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,514
    Quote Originally Posted by Patchito
    Playing "the Al Qaeda card"? I don't think anyone can seriously contend that the major disruptive force in Iraq right now are foreign fighters spreading chaos under the ideological banner of Al Qaeda.

    To take Bush's statement literallly as a means to further discredit him is either extremely stupid or intellectually dishonest. Are we fighting the same organization, ideology, fanaticism and inhumanity that flew those planes into the towers? Of course we are!


    Thanks for the reply, at least it helps us on "the other side" to comprehend, sort of, what is up there in the collective 29%mind.
    Last edited by leximog; 07-14-2007 at 02:16 PM.
    [SIZE=-1]Experience is like a comb that life gives you when you are bald[/SIZE]

  9. #9
    outdoor miner
    Reputation: leximog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,514
    Quote Originally Posted by drevelo66
    At best, this is a silly generalization. At worst, it's a gross misunderstanding of the situation.
    you mean warfaminepestilence or W?
    [SIZE=-1]Experience is like a comb that life gives you when you are bald[/SIZE]

  10. #10
    Evil, apparently
    Reputation: drevelo66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    821
    Quote Originally Posted by leximog
    you mean warfaminepestilence or W?
    W. Speaking in sound-bites as most politicians do, leads to this quote which does little to make your case, if you have one.

    There is al-Quaida in Iraq; but there actions pale when compared with the sectarian violence, at least IMO. It's a big soup sandwich!
    "Oh, people can come up with statistics to prove anything, Kent. 14% of people know that."-Homer J. Simpson

    "It's called cyber courage,a sad pathetic disease...."-T3

  11. #11
    outdoor miner
    Reputation: leximog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,514
    Quote Originally Posted by drevelo66
    W. Speaking in sound-bites as most politicians do, leads to this quote which does little to make your case, if you have one.

    There is al-Quaida in Iraq; but there actions pale when compared with the sectarian violence, at least IMO. It's a big soup sandwich!
    That is the sense I get from the outside too, so why can't W just say it?

    He still wants to play that old game.

    His achievement - 41% still believe Saddam did 9/11!
    That is a clear ten percent more than trust him or think well of him!

    Which begs the question, how many 29%ers think Saddam did carry out 9/11?
    [SIZE=-1]Experience is like a comb that life gives you when you are bald[/SIZE]

  12. #12
    Evil, apparently
    Reputation: drevelo66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    821
    Quote Originally Posted by leximog
    That is the sense I get from the outside too, so why can't W just say it?
    You've seen the press conferences-I'm amazed he can get anything out!

    This administration is pig-headed. If you made an error, admit it, fix it, move on, no?
    "Oh, people can come up with statistics to prove anything, Kent. 14% of people know that."-Homer J. Simpson

    "It's called cyber courage,a sad pathetic disease...."-T3

  13. #13
    banned
    Reputation: warfaminepestilenceplague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,679
    Hitler said "don't just tell a lie. tell a BIG lie" or words to that effect.

    It worked for him.

  14. #14
    Samsonite Tester
    Reputation: Evel Knievel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    3,993
    For all the 71% there is a new one minute vid of Bin Laden asking for martyrs going around.
    Yeah I gotta question. You got any excuses tonight Roy ? -Antonio Tarver

    There is room for it all, just ride what you like to on what you like to...that's freeriding. -rbn14



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •