Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    mtbr member

Who is getting a Pivot for Christmas?

I'm gonna assume you would be part of the picking out process and know about it... I'm sticking with my FIrebird and Nomad Carbon... so spoiled I guess I already have my dream bikes. Well a Whistler bike for the 3-5 times a year I'll go but that's such a waste of money for me.
    "It looks flexy"

I am Doctor Remulak
    Got my 5.7 last month and it's my gift this year.

MTBR wants you to know that I work here

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    I ordered a Mach 4 a week ago with the x9 group. The bike shop was told by Pivot it would be a couple of weeks as some parts are on backorder. It stinks to miss out on being able to ride a new bike over the three day weekend, but it will be worth it come next XC season.

ZEN RIDER!
    Hopefully I'll have enough $$$ after Xmas to finally order a Firebird!
    Still not sure if I should go White or Rootbeer.
    I'm banning black bike #3
    Life in every breath

mtbr member
    Me, me me!

This is mine in the shop before I brought it home last week. Now, as soon as I can shake this cold, I'll take it for its inaugural ride!

www.teamnavycycling.org
    10 Pivot Mach 429
    09 Felt Nine Race
    03 Litespeed Tuscany

"No Clue Crew"
    Looks like coal again this year! Love to build a Phoenix in 2011!.............Drew

mtbr member
    That is one sexy build.

BTW, do you like that saddle? I bought one after WTB said that if I like my current Pure V that I would probably like the Vigo. It's fantastic, if a little heavy. I also bought a ti rail set for mine. I would like to try an SST sometime. I used to like them back in the day but it's been a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Mikey
    Got my 5.7 last month and it's my gift this year.

"It looks flexy"

mtbr member

Mach 4 on order

and parts are in the mail .... will post once its all together.

mtbr member
    me!!!!!!!!! but the mach 5 arrives next month!

Appalachian Singletrack'n
    I just got a leftover 09 Firebird for a steal. The wife said Iím more than welcome to place it under the tree because thatís what Iím getting for Christmas. I finished building it up Friday transferring most of the parts from my 5Spot itís a Lyrik Dh/ XT/saint/Kingíish build . I wound up riding with my "racer" friends all weekend so i stuck to the hardtail to minimize my fitness disadvantages. Probably wonít get a chance to ride it until after Christmas.

I am Doctor Remulak
    Quote Originally Posted by gticlay
    That is one sexy build.
    Thanks, I like the blue lunchbox kit with the black bike.

Quote Originally Posted by gticlay
    BTW, do you like that saddle? I bought one after WTB said that if I like my current Pure V that I would probably like the Vigo. It's fantastic, if a little heavy. I also bought a ti rail set for mine. I would like to try an SST sometime. I used to like them back in the day but it's been a long time.
    I really like the Vigo saddle, it's comfortable, I wasn't a fan of the Silverado saddle and really liked the old Pure V that I was riding before.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ Mikey
    Thanks, I like the blue lunchbox kit with the black bike]
    Do you have any more pics of the blue bits? I've thinking about one for my black 429. Just not sure I can justify the cost of the kit for purely cosmetic reasons.
    www.teamnavycycling.org
    10 Pivot Mach 429
    09 Felt Nine Race
    03 Litespeed Tuscany

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I got my 5.7 couple of weeks well before christmas, along with 2-3 feet of fresh powder snow and stomach surgery. So far feels good but all I have done only couple of short rides. Rear feels stiff and plus at the same but Fox fork feels quite sticky, I'll have to open it to see if there is any lube on the lower legs.
    Last edited by markom; 12-20-2010 at 11:54 PM.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    I had to buy the damn bike by myself. Maybe i get some brakes so i could finally give it a quick spin.

Rob
    I just picked up my Mach 5 last night from Saucon Valley Bikes in Hellertown Pa. Lights charging... Maybe a ride later tonight.

I am Doctor Remulak
    Quote Originally Posted by skiahh
    Do you have any more pics of the blue bits? I've thinking about one for my black 429. Just not sure I can justify the cost of the kit for purely cosmetic reasons.
    A couple more.

mtbr member
    Sweet... that's a great look, the blue and black. Do you have the blue headset on there, too? Perhaps there will be a lunchbox in my future! Maybe for Father's Day or something.

I'm thinking about putting a Lefty on mine, maybe with a Project 321 kit with black rims, blue ano nipples and hubs, too. I think going with blue anno rims would be too much.

And thanks for posting them.
    www.teamnavycycling.org
    10 Pivot Mach 429
    09 Felt Nine Race
    03 Litespeed Tuscany

mtbr member
    Sweet... that's a great look, the blue and black. Do you have the blue headset on there, too? Perhaps there will be a lunchbox in my future! Maybe for Father's Day or something.

I'm thinking about putting a Lefty on mine, maybe with a Project 321 kit with black rims, blue ano nipples and hubs, too. I think going with blue anno rims would be too much.

Blue "ano" titanium spokes might look good - a little more subtle but blue, black hubs and rims.
    "It looks flexy"

I am Doctor Remulak

Thanks. I don't have a blue headset, we didn't have the King headsets in stock when I built my bike. The gold lunchbox looks really good on a black frame and the black frame with the black lunchbox is a stealthy combo.

mtbr member
    I ordered a Pivot 429 with new matte black and XTR 10 speed. It'll be here next week.

Ride and Smile suckas
    I am up in the air between a 429 and a 2011 Kona HeiHei 29.
    All the parts showed up and i cant wait to get them on something. The new XTR stuff is just so sexy!
    "DO OR DO NOT, THERE IS NO TRY" -Yoda
    www.snemba.org

mtbr member
    Jul 2010

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Its a crappy pic but I am chomping at the bit for some dirt to come out from under the snow so I can giver hell.

Bad Zen Master

This one is certainly being counted at a Christmas gift, as was the acquisition of my wife's silver Mach 429. As seen in other threads, my frame was in my hands many weeks ago but the full bike was just delivered to me.
    High Country Colorado
    www.fullyloadedtouring.com

mtbr member
    I'm getting a Phoenix. Just gotta wait... a little bit.....longer................

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by supermoto
    I'm getting a Phoenix. Just gotta wait... a little bit.....longer................
    Are you going to opening weekend of Whistler (again?)
    "It looks flexy"

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast