Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

What have you done to your Pivot Cycle lately?

167K views 477 replies 165 participants last post by  Paulsmith55 
#1 · (Edited)
I was in the garage wrenching on my Mach 429 this morning.

Things done today:
*Added Crankskins to the crankset
*Installed new rear brake pads
*Cleaned up the drivetrain
*Reinstalled my rebuilt Eggbeater 2ti pedals

Ready to tear it up tomorrow!!! :)

#161 ·
I finally ditched the stock Pivot branded grips (hand killers) and put on a pair of ESI chunkys. Replaced the stock wheel set with a pair of Mavic Crossmax SLR wheels, with new Conti X-King tires (huge improvement). And swapped out original stem/bars/seatpost with some Shimano PRO parts, as well as putting on my old Serfas ARC saddle.
Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Bicycle wheel Tire Bicycle wheel rim

Overall I shed a few pounds from the bike, and really improved an already high performing machine.

#458 ·
Added the Wolftooth Bottleshift to my 2019 Pivot Switchblade. This lets me store a Klic pump and a 750ml bottle on the bike.
So far, still enjoying the 2019 Pivot Switchblade, as its the last of the 2x-capable Plus-sized bikes out there.
As it comes from Pivot, the chainline is not good with the 1x. It will shift from the largest 50tooth cog down if you reverse pedal it.
When I wear out the SRAM 1x, I'm putting on a Shimano 2x on it.

#459 ·
New upgrades: Rockshox Vivid Air RC2 Shock installed and newly Serviced, Hope Evo Crankset 165mm with Hope 30mm Hub, Wolftooth Powertrac Eliptical 32T NW 12 Speed Chainring, Shimano XTR 12 Speed Medium Derailleur, Shimano XT 12 Speed 45 -10 Cassette, Shimano XT 12 Speed Shifter, Shimano XT 12 Speed Chain, Rockshox Pike Forks newly Serviced, One Up flat pedals. Yeah that's about it this time.
Bicycle Tire Wheel Bicycle wheel Bicycles--Equipment and supplies
Bicycle Tire Wheel Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Crankset
Bicycle Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Tire Bicycle wheel Bicycle wheel rim
Bicycle Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Bicycle wheel Tire Bicycle wheel rim

#2 ·
I have been cursing at the following:
- Press-fit BB: new bearings start to bind after installation, ovalized BB shell?
- Fox shock: damping problems & blown ProPedal. Fixed next Thu.
- Fox Float fork air piston sucking lubrication oil from lower legs (I'll remove the foam ring tomorrow), it also flexy.
- Blown Reverb main air seal. Fixed next week.

Other than those I have been really enjoying riding my 5.7 lately, the steering setup feels now perfect with 60mm stem after "streched-out" 70 and too short 50mm. It is the small things that count.. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.