Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    thing that should not be

Cool-blue Rhythm

What have you done to your Pivot Cycle lately?-20131215_091051_3_resized.jpg

Sent her for a full service, swapped out the bottom bracket bearings, topped up some brake fluid and she's got a new set of rims!.

mtbr member
    What have you done to your Pivot Cycle lately?-image-18.12.2013-19.14.02-0457.jpgChange saddle and seat post. Saddle now color coded
    Last edited by Macharza; 12-21-2013 at 02:23 PM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Swapped my e13 pedals for a set of Spank Spikes!
    Hopefully that will change my once every 2 month bearing rebuilds

74 & 29 pilot
    I built my LES frame up. Started last night and Finished this morn; All while it was cold, cloudy and rainy. Finished her just in time for the sun to come back out and take her out for a quick 6 mile maiden voyage. This is my first 1x10 and first 29er HT. My second 29er since I bought my 429c in October. Unfortunately, I only have one fork for the two at the moment; I bought an unused 2014 34 Talas for the 429, but the jackazz from ebay advertised it as a 29" and I came to find out when I started the swap that it is a 27.5" fork Anyway, I rode HTs from 1993 to 2009 and have had FS ever since. I'm new to 29er and love the Pivot bikes and glad to be back with the home town guys since I sold my Firebird late last year. I plan on running it SS eventually and am looking to do some endurance riding and maybe racing. This thing was SO MUCH fun on our less chunky trails here in AZ! I love standing and mashing on the short, steep climb up Brown's Mt., though I thought I might die along the way. My garage now glows in Pivot colors

Pivot LES Large
    '14 Fox 32/120 CTD
    XTR crank w/ 34t Wolftooth ring
    XTR 11-36 cassette
    XTR RD and shifter
    XTR trail brakes
    Easton Haven 70mm stem and Havoc 750mm carbon bar
    KS LEV 125mm (can't live without them anymore, but why should you?)
    Ergon saddle
    DT Swiss XR 1501 Spline wheels (came on 429c)
    Kenda Slant Six 2.2 rear and Honey Badger 2.2 front

23.5 pounds; SS w/o the LEV would be somewhere between 20-21

Thanks Dan, Aaron, Kenny B, Jonny Tsunami and the Pivot rep that brought my frame to the shop yesterday!!! This thing is definitely going to make me a better, stronger and faster rider!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What have you done to your Pivot Cycle lately?-img_4215-copy.jpg  

What have you done to your Pivot Cycle lately?-img_4224-copy.jpg  

What have you done to your Pivot Cycle lately?-img_4235-copy.jpg  

What have you done to your Pivot Cycle lately?-img_4237-copy.jpg  

What have you done to your Pivot Cycle lately?-img_4254-copy.jpg  

What have you done to your Pivot Cycle lately?-img_4259-copy.jpg  

MTBP
    "GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH!"
    Turn on the truth: http://www.ronpaulchannel.com/

Pivotal figure
    Ha! If I'd known that was your frame I would've put a ball bearing inside it
    Quote Originally Posted by MTB Pilot View Post
    I built my LES frame up. Started last night and Finished this morn; All while it was cold, cloudy and rainy. Finished her just in time for the sun to come back out and take her out for a quick 6 mile maiden voyage. This is my first 1x10 and first 29er HT. My second 29er since I bought my 429c in October. Unfortunately, I only have one fork for the two at the moment; I bought an unused 2014 34 Talas for the 429, but the jackazz from ebay advertised it as a 29" and I came to find out when I started the swap that it is a 27.5" fork Anyway, I rode HTs from 1993 to 2009 and have had FS ever since. I'm new to 29er and love the Pivot bikes and glad to be back with the home town guys since I sold my Firebird late last year. I plan on running it SS eventually and am looking to do some endurance riding and maybe racing. This thing was SO MUCH fun on our less chunky trails here in AZ! I love standing and mashing on the short, steep climb up Brown's Mt., though I thought I might die along the way. My garage now glows in Pivot colors

Pivot LES Large
    '14 Fox 32/120 CTD
    XTR crank w/ 34t Wolftooth ring
    XTR 11-36 cassette
    XTR RD and shifter
    XTR trail brakes
    Easton Haven 70mm stem and Havoc 750mm carbon bar
    KS LEV 125mm (can't live without them anymore, but why should you?)
    Ergon saddle
    DT Swiss XR 1501 Spline wheels (came on 429c)
    Kenda Slant Six 2.2 rear and Honey Badger 2.2 front

23.5 pounds; SS w/o the LEV would be somewhere between 20-21

Thanks Dan, Aaron, Kenny B, Jonny Tsunami and the Pivot rep that brought my frame to the shop yesterday!!! This thing is definitely going to make me a better, stronger and faster rider!
    Desert Sunset Calls/Upward, Pain, Perseverance/Welcome Solitude

mtbr member
    Sep 2013

Pivot Mach 6 - almost ready

I still wait for a few parts to arrive... not yet ready

What have you done to your Pivot Cycle lately?-img_0927.jpg

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Flipped the stem on my Les 29er. Seems to make her more of an agressive machine.

74 & 29 pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by kenbentit View Post
    Ha! If I'd known that was your frame I would've put a ball bearing inside it
    I'd still be in the my garage trying to get it out. I had to route the rear shifter twice, cause I came up about 3 inches short; Luckily my closet is stocked with extra parts and I happen to have a new XTR cable. I guess I've learned after switching part to different frames. You guys did a nice job with the internal routing; Much easier than the internal routing on my Session 88 was!
    MTBP

mtbr member
    What have you done to your Pivot Cycle lately?-img_20131221_154514_525.jpgput some Thomson DH bars on. Went from a 38mm rise to a 12mm rise. Haven't tried it on the trail yet. See how much of a difference it makes. Thomson dropper too. Loving it.

74 & 29 pilot
    After 3 days/ 3 rides, 40 miles and 6600' of climbing I put the RF Sixc carbon 785mm DH bar I had in the garage on my 429c. I'm 6' with broad shoulders and have been riding 740-750mm bars for about 3 years now; Always used 780mm on my DH sled before I sold it. These last three days, especially during an 11 mile climb, I found myself desiring wider bars and dangled my hands off the end. I'm riding a medium frame, which I love, and started with 70mm stem and 750mm bars. Went to 85mm stem and feels great, but the long climbing made me want to spread out more. I always feel comfortable in tech and descending with wider bars, so this might help satisfy me while climbing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What have you done to your Pivot Cycle lately?-img_4537-copy.jpg  

MTBP

650b me

Overhauled my 2009 Mach 4

* Disassembled entire bike
    * Checked all suspension pivot bearings - OK
    * Replaced original Shimano BB92 with same
    * Stripped threads in frame while reassembling, had to repair w/heli-coil
    * Minor truing of Crest/King wheels
    * New Ardent EXO 2.25 on rear
    * Cleaned drivetrain
    * New brake pads/rotors for Magura Marta SL brakes
    * Bike Lust-ed frame
    * New shift cables/housing
    * Fox Float 120 overhauled by LBS

It's so clean now, I'm hesitant to ride it during our typically muddy winter conditions. Looking forward to a great 2014 on my refurb'ed steed!

mtbr member

What have you done to your Pivot Cycle lately?

Converted to 1x10 with Raceface Next SL cranks (28 tooth) and 11-36 XTR cassette. What have you done to your Pivot Cycle lately?-image.jpg

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Got rid of the Lopes msrp guide in favor of a rf narrow wide.
    And blew out the bearings in my e13s so I replaced them with spike spanks.

mtbr member

I have been debating on going 27.5 on my FB for some time now. I pulled the trigger and built up a wheel set with Pacenti Neo-Moto 2.3 tires front and back. So far I like it and lost a pound in rotational weight. (The 2.4 Rubber Queen was a hefty beast of a tire).

The Bird feels totally different with the lighter/stiffer wheels. So far so good!!!!

dog
    sit! stay!
    what fork were you running with 26" and what will you run with 27.5"?

Quote Originally Posted by Hangtime View Post
    I have been debating on going 27.5 on my FB for some time now. I pulled the trigger and built up a wheel set with Pacenti Neo-Moto 2.3 tires front and back. So far I like it and lost a pound in rotational weight. (The 2.4 Rubber Queen was a hefty beast of a tire).

The Bird feels totally different with the lighter/stiffer wheels. So far so good!!!!
    i need to develop my crashing skills...

mtbr member

@Dog,
    I am using a 2012 Marzocchi Micro Ti. 26" and now 27.5", There are several mm of clearance so its ok for now. I'll probably do the upgrade program with Zoke when the 350 Enduro fork gets released. I'll see how I feel about the Neo-Moto as a front tire in six months.

dog
    sit! stay!
    i added some Zee brakes to my FB. i really like them so far. i was worried that they might grab a little too strongly too quickly, but instead they feather nicely. but if you grab them hard, they dig in...
    i need to develop my crashing skills...

mtbr member
    Got my KS Lev on, to go with other recent upgrades (tubeless, 1x10, upper guide). Pretty happy with her, sitting at 11.8kg.

mtbr member

Mach SICK

Loving my new ride. Just added in a one up 42t cog upgrade ie poormanxx1. Shifts well and crisp, it's a granny killer! I'm using a 32t xx1 cranks. With the one up I might switch to a 34t front ring.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What have you done to your Pivot Cycle lately?-img_20140123_131019.jpg  

PMarsh Thumbs Up!
    Wow, I literally opened this thread thinking about the OneUp 42T addon, and wondering if anyone had done it yet! Really considering it for my Firebird, especially since I don't use the small ring much now, and with the 42 I could probably drop the big ring down a bit and not need it anywhere.

Only thing that's held me back so far is I'd need a new cassette to use it as well, and probably new chain to be safe, and then the front ring, so it seems cheap but adds up.
    2011 Giant Glory 01
    2013 Pivot Firebird
    2004 Turner Rail - Stoled

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by StuLax18 View Post
    Wow, I literally opened this thread thinking about the OneUp 42T addon, and wondering if anyone had done it yet! Really considering it for my Firebird, especially since I don't use the small ring much now, and with the 42 I could probably drop the big ring down a bit and not need it anywhere.

Only thing that's held me back so far is I'd need a new cassette to use it as well, and probably new chain to be safe, and then the front ring, so it seems cheap but adds up.

Overall it will be a cheaper alternative to the xx1. Just ridden this setup, it works like a dream. The Hi gearing helps the steep long climbs, although it might me a touch to high with a 32t front. I reckon a 34t will be perfect where I ride and it will give me a better Hi speed gear.

I'm lucky that my old cassette is compatible and did not have to change the chain too. Get it man.. One ring to rule em all!

PMarsh Thumbs Up!
    I have a 36 up front now, and was thinking dropping to the 34 would be a good choice. I'm a little worried though because I've used up all my gears before, but am probably more worried about having a low gear. I'd rather not turn it into a test and find out what works, although I could keep my current front ring for now and see.
    2011 Giant Glory 01
    2013 Pivot Firebird
    2004 Turner Rail - Stoled

mtbr member

I just went 1x10 on the Bird. Started with a 32t but settled on 30t and 11-36 cassette. If Oregon was flatter I'd stick with the 32t. I was surprised to drop over a pound. I use the full cassette now. I'm keeping the Stinger for now, it works real well with my XT Shadow +.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by joezuri View Post
    Overall it will be a cheaper alternative to the xx1. Just ridden this setup, it works like a dream. The Hi gearing helps the steep long climbs, although it might me a touch to high with a 32t front. I reckon a 34t will be perfect where I ride and it will give me a better Hi speed gear.

I'm lucky that my old cassette is compatible and did not have to change the chain too. Get it man.. One ring to rule em all!
    joezuri, good stuff...I just stop all business today so I can get this moving. How did you set up your rear derailleur to click for all 11 cogs?

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Went from this:
    What have you done to your Pivot Cycle lately?-1.jpg

To this:
    What have you done to your Pivot Cycle lately?-2.jpg

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast