Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    ^ Nice!!!

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    I started to think about the color green that I have and size of bike, med. I have a 90mm stem on bike. I told my shop to hold the order until I decide.
    I may ask to have them ship me a black/blue color in large instead of green for 2 reason's.
    One-the matte finish on black/blue less chance of having paint problems again also save 200-300 grams of weight over the painted thick green color.
    Two- I feel just a bit cramped in med, if I have the large I can go shorter stem. My height is only 5'10, but I have long upper body with short legs 31 inseam. No way to test the large, my shop only has med demo. What do you guys think?

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    I gather you're talking about the 429C?

Unfortunately I can't help too much as I'm on a 5.7C (see above), except to say that it depends on your preferred riding style. Longer stretch position for long pedal days vs shorter position for more technical fun and greater "flickability"... Technically you're sized for a Medium, but I think either will work depending on what you're after

Hope that helps a bit?

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dgw7000 View Post
    I started to think about the color green that I have and size of bike, med. I have a 90mm stem on bike. I told my shop to hold the order until I decide.
    I may ask to have them ship me a black/blue color in large instead of green for 2 reason's.
    One-the matte finish on black/blue less chance of having paint problems again also save 200-300 grams of weight over the painted thick green color.
    Two- I feel just a bit cramped in med, if I have the large I can go shorter stem. My height is only 5'10, but I have long upper body with short legs 31 inseam. No way to test the large, my shop only has med demo. What do you guys think?
    That's a tough one. A large is going to feel like more bike under you. A medium will be more flickable. I'm 5'8" and I ride a medium. I'm a bit stretched out on it even with a 60mm stem.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    new seat - Pro Turnix Ti Saddle replace the vadar seat (nice chines one)
    and new UNO 70mm stem of 80 mm
    the bonus is 190 gram less

JordanMy

Installed KS Integra

What have you done to your Pivot Cycle lately?-20141026_102241.jpg

Professional Slacker
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by WarBoom View Post
    I washed it today!
    And found a crack!
    Been hearing a pop/creak noise while pedaling and it looks like I've found it

Its on the milled section of frame behind the sprocket.
    Goes 3/4 of the way thru the piece

Attachment 919193
    No noise yet, but I found an identical crack on my 2011 5.7.

Quote Originally Posted by MTB Pilot View Post
    NOT saying it was or you did, but man it looks like someone tried to cut the frame! I've never seen a crack that perfect on aluminum before.
    Must be a weak spot on the AL frames. I know I've screwed up a couple times in a way that could overstress that area. This is after breaking the swingarm a year and a half ago, so maybe I'm just tough on bikes.

I was hoping to buy in the spring though, oh well. One last ride and it's done.

Professional Slacker
    Jun 2004
    Didn't want to make a new thread so I'll just drop this here, I did try to search but couldn't find anything definitive.

Do all Pivots with a tapered steerer tubes use the same headsets? When I get my M6 frame/fork I want to just transfer most of my parts from my broken AL M5.7 to the M6, including the headset.

It'll fit, right?

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Yes they both use
    a ZS (zero stack) 44mm top and (zero stack) 56mm bottom, or a Chris King Inset 2.

Professional Slacker
    Jun 2004
    Thanks, I seem to be full of stupid questions lately.

change is good
    Sep 2004
    For my 429C - 9.8 dropper, back up LB rim wheel set with aggressive tires, Syntace bar on the way. XT Trail peddles - easier to clip into when its wet and they seem to shrug off rock strikes, unlike my Times.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Zee brake ! And SAINT Shifter

What have you done to your Pivot Cycle lately?-levier-zee.jpg

What have you done to your Pivot Cycle lately?-etrier-zee-ar.jpg

mtbr member

What have you done to your Pivot Cycle lately?

New Light Bicycle rims, DTSWISS 240 hubs, and tires:

What have you done to your Pivot Cycle lately?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1417913797.053285.jpg

What have you done to your Pivot Cycle lately?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1417913812.687671.jpg

mtbr member

On my Mach 6 I just took off a Fox 36 160mm and put my Pike 150mm back on. We'll see if it's as good as I remember.

I think the Pike suits my riding style better. The Fox 36 wasn't bad. I just think the Pike has more pluses than the Fox.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    That is a sick carbon pattern
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

change is good
    Sep 2004
    For my 429C. Second set of wheels mounted with aggressive tires - LB/240s/Aerolites/TNT Gatos. 9.8 dropper. Syntace 760mm 12 degree carbon bar. Still playing with saddle selection.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Cane Creek DB Inline

Well, what can I say other than... OMFG What a brilliant piece of equipment! I've only had 2 rides on it so far, with the first being a 30km ride incorporating slow rock shelf tech, fast open chunder, smooth flowing trail, techy climbing, smooth climbing and everything in between. Even with it just set for sag (as I held off playing with settings to give it a small break in time) it blew the RP23 out of the water. Now that I spent 2 hours this morning looping the same section of trail to dial it in, it's simply phenomenal! Again a small weight increase (71g) but the performance is well worth it.

And, coming soon (when I find the time to build them) is my wheel rebuild, putting the DT240s in the middle of some LB 33mm Rims

But... TL;DR? Here's the pics
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What have you done to your Pivot Cycle lately?-dsc_0447.jpg  

What have you done to your Pivot Cycle lately?-dsc_0453.jpg  

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    ^ Nice!!! I hear great things about those.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Yep, what you've heard is true! Although, definitely not a shock for the "set and forget" crowd - this one needs some attention, but the reward is well worth it so far! I'm sure I'll dial it in even more as I get more familiar with it too.

mtbr member

Replaced the 34 with a 36.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    I am sure it was nothing but a positive upgrade but would love hear your thoughts especially how it affects climbing and if it changed the reach up at all.

mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by wesmeyer11 View Post
    I am sure it was nothing but a positive upgrade but would love hear your thoughts especially how it affects climbing and if it changed the reach up at all.
    Meaning the 36?

mtbr member
    Aug 2011

Absolute Black

This was a great upgrade, Absolute Black 32 tooth Oval ring. Out of the saddle you can really feel the difference it makes when climbing, also saves 30 g weight over the Sram ring and spider.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What have you done to your Pivot Cycle lately?-p1060769.jpg  

What have you done to your Pivot Cycle lately?-p1060770.jpg  

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    Put a CC DBAirCS on the Mach6 instead of the Fox Float X, its like a different bike, an incredible improvement but it does take some time to dial it in.http://www.dropbox.com/s/u28bclcc0f7...29.23.jpg?dl=0

mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by Stewartc View Post
    Put a CC DBAirCS on the Mach6 instead of the Fox Float X, its like a different bike, an incredible improvement but it does take some time to dial it in.http://www.dropbox.com/s/u28bclcc0f7...29.23.jpg?dl=0
    Waiting on mine to arrive and i cant wait. Also have a slew of raceface parts that im waiting to come.

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    Put a CC DBAirCS on the Mach6 instead of the Fox Float X, its like a different bike, an incredible improvement but it does take some time to dial it in.
    What have you done to your Pivot Cycle lately?-mach6_shamwat.jpg
    Last edited by Stewartc; 01-05-2015 at 09:06 PM.

mtbr member

Ok i ordered my dbair a month ago and got word from the bike shop that there still no eta on my shock. I was hoping it will arrive before xmas. Arghhh so pissed

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    can you give first hand review on the Oval ring ?
    advantage and disadvantage

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    The 32 tooth oval ring, acts like 30/34 tooth ring. You can really feel it when out of the saddle no dead spots at the top of peddle stroke. I seem to have more power and climb faster, also less winded. My friends have noticed the difference, its well made and lighter than the Sram ring, just bolt it on!! I know its not as exciting as a new CC DBAir shock but well worth the money at 68.00 bucks and 15 ship. I really like it!!

mtbr member
    Attachment 953616Attachment 953623Took the orange stickers off my 36.
    Last edited by mtnbkr80015; 01-07-2015 at 05:10 PM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr80015 View Post
    Took the orange stickers off my 36.
    Oh thank GOD..those are the fricken worst!!! Key word: FUGLY Thank you.

I rerouted my cables to the downtube like Zigzag did on the M6, and it works awesome.

Thanks for the idea.

I also added a 180mm rotor to the rear.
    Last edited by pedal-man; 12-27-2014 at 01:47 PM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Took a look at all the pivot bearings on my 1 year old Mach 5.7c. They're all smooth running and in great shape. I put it down in part to not using a hose or jet washer on it. Only washing by hand with a sponge and bucket of water with cleaning agent.

I'm being brainwashed by the 27.5" wagon and keep thinking the 26" wheel size has run its course. Then I see all these other 26" bikes on here and remember they're the top end and still serve up the goods!

mtbr member

50mm rf red stem
    30t red rf nw
    42t red wolf tooth
    Raceface next sl cranks

mtbr member
    Oops double post...
    Last edited by mtnbkr80015; 01-07-2015 at 05:16 PM.

mtbr member

Converted to SRAM X01 with Raceface Turbine Cinch cranks.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    So, I finally built up my Light-Bicycle AM Wheelset and got the tyres installed. brought the bike down another couple of hundred grams, but don't have an actual weight just yet as it's still dirty as!

Pics:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What have you done to your Pivot Cycle lately?-dsc_0516.jpg  

What have you done to your Pivot Cycle lately?-dsc_0517.jpg  

What have you done to your Pivot Cycle lately?-dsc_0519.jpg  

mtbr member
    Hey dgw7000,

I'm in the process of converting to 1x10 SRAM xo drivetrain. What oval ring did you go with?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dgw7000 View Post
    The 32 tooth oval ring, acts like 30/34 tooth ring. You can really feel it when out of the saddle no dead spots at the top of peddle stroke. I seem to have more power and climb faster, also less winded. My friends have noticed the difference, its well made and lighter than the Sram ring, just bolt it on!! I know its not as exciting as a new CC DBAir shock but well worth the money at 68.00 bucks and 15 ship. I really like it!!

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Look on page 323!!

mtbr member
    Over the past few months
    pike rct3 26 160mm
    spank oozy wheels
    works 1 degree angleset
    magic Mary F/trail king R
    30.4 lbs
    What have you done to your Pivot Cycle lately?-20150109_122150.jpg

mtbr member

Put a Minion DHR2 on the front of my Mach 6.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    How good are the DHRII There's one of the front of my 5.7C, only a couple of rides in but I'm well impressed compared to the Hans Dampf it replaced. Just as much grip to my mind, but not as much of a pig to pedal around!

mtbr member

I really have high hopes that the DHRII on the F&R is going to be the holy grail setup. I've been searching for years for a tire that grips our sandy loose over hard trails in SoCal. I found a great setup with a HRII dual compound F / DHRII compound R combo. But my HRII was heavy (almost 900g) and was not as good a rolling tire as the DHRII. If the DHRII lives up to my expectations I may actually keep a tire long enough to wear it out.

I think the only other tire I could wish for is a dual compound DHRII to use on the rear. (Maxxis doesn't currently offer this one.) My 3C side knobs are getting pretty chewed up after 3 mos. on the rear.

The Maxxis EXO TR casings are hands down the best I've ridden. A perfect balance of tough sidewalls, weight, and suppleness. Setting them up tubeless on WTB Frequency wheels is so simple. They snap right on the bead when mounting, yet come off with just the right amount of thumb pressure when removing. I've had combos on both ends of the spectrum. Some tires won't air up tubeless no matter what trick I try and I've had tires that I had to cut the bead to get them off the wheel. So frustrating when those situations happen.

mtbr member
    Thanks

mtbr member
    Converted both of my Pivots to 1x11 X01 Setup
    Removed dropper seat from my 429 - bike now weighs 24.14 lbs

What have you done to your Pivot Cycle lately?-img_0391.jpg

What have you done to your Pivot Cycle lately?-img_0392.jpg

What have you done to your Pivot Cycle lately?-img_0393.jpg

What have you done to your Pivot Cycle lately?-img_0388.jpg

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    -NOX carbon hoops with I9 hubs
    -RaceFace Next SL cranks
    -Cane Creek DBInline shock (still trying to dial this thing in)
    -Rerouted rear brake and shifter cables (copied what I saw a couple forum members do)
    -RaceFace SixC 35 bars and stem
    -Permasmile installed on face while ridingWhat have you done to your Pivot Cycle lately?-image.jpg

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    How do you like the Nox rims with i9 hubs?

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by JTBAZ View Post
    How do you like the Nox rims with i9 hubs?
    They are fantastic. The NOX rims are super stiff and the i9 hubs have a super quick engagement. They were built by Dave Thomas of Speed Dream Wheels. Highly recommended.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Hayakawasaki View Post
    They are fantastic. The NOX rims are super stiff and the i9 hubs have a super quick engagement. They were built by Dave Thomas of Speed Dream Wheels. Highly recommended.
    Double the recommendation on the nox i9 combo from Dave. He built me a set for my Les and wow! They transform the bike vs the stock ones night and day.

mtbr member
    Installed a new bar. Went slightly wider from a ODI 700EX 737mm (with the Wingtip extensions) to a Azonic Flow 750mm. 2010 Mach 5 is going on 5 years. This thing came with a 90mm stem and some 660 bars back in the day.

What have you done to your Pivot Cycle lately?-mach5.jpg

mtbr member
    nice M5 i am still loving mine as well
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast