Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Got it very dirty

What have you done to your Pivot Cycle lately?-f6e1b314-63ab-4b44-be6e-591147aead3e.jpg
    What have you done to your Pivot Cycle lately?-13698cd0-66f9-4f82-a07c-125bc16dcbdc-2935-00000211d2d4adf3.jpg
    What have you done to your Pivot Cycle lately?-0af5fcfd-89c3-4321-a0e6-aa7cbd061bd4-2935-00000211b059d41b.jpg

mtbr member
    1. Easton Havoc Stem 90mm
    2. WTB Pure V Saddle
    3. KCNC Scandium seatpost
    4. ZTR Crest & Novatec Wheelset
    5. Truvativ Noir 700mm carbon bar
    6. KCNC brake rotors
    7. KCNC crankset
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What have you done to your Pivot Cycle lately?-imgp8628.jpg  

mtbr member
    What have you done to your Pivot Cycle lately?-mtb_troms1.jpg
    Shredding my FB here at Troms, Norway

mtbr member
    I took my brand spanking new Mach 5.7c out for its inaugural rides on Saturday (at Joachim Miller Park) and Sunday (China Camp). It was awesome. Here's the glory shot:

What have you done to your Pivot Cycle lately?-pivot.jpg

Get to dah choppah
    Good lookin ride.
    Santa Cruz TBc
    Pivot 429c

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by dog View Post
    that even beats spokie dokies...

What is that? and would it keep sticks out of my spokes?
    Haha, it's crate paper taped to the spokes. It was for the 4th of July. And no, I don't think it would help with sticks. Also, not ideal in cross-winds. Spokie dokies, haha. Maybe next year!

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    What have you done to your Pivot Cycle lately?-5.7.jpg

Got a custom tune rear shock installed.

mtbr member
    What have you done to your Pivot Cycle lately?-harza_troms1.jpgAnother pic from my Bike Trip at Troms, Norway

650b me
    Quote Originally Posted by vandeec5 View Post
    Got a custom tune rear shock installed.
    Moar about that shock, please!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by golden boy View Post
    Yes, do tell. I just ordered a new Pike 150 for the front of my Mach 5.7. I'm anxious to try it out, and a shock upgrade is next. Actually, that all black shock looks a lot like the all black Pike.
    Gotta get up to get down.
    LMB

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by golden boy View Post
    The Bike Company - Powered by ironfly internet

mtbr member
    Look what I just got for the Pivot. Can't wait to get some rides on it. Crappy indoor cell phone pics are all I got so far.

LMB

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BaeckerX1 View Post
    Look what I just got for the Pivot. Can't wait to get some rides on it. Crappy indoor cell phone pics are all I got so far.

I was about to give you crap about how clean your bike is, but then I noticed the proper wear on your down tube. ;^) Got to say I am lusting after the Pike. I know a couple of older pros who've had them since blackbox and they say the Pike is the best fork they've ever ridden. Let us know what you think ...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by JMW503 View Post
    I was about to give you crap about how clean your bike is, but then I noticed the proper wear on your down tube. ;^) Got to say I am lusting after the Pike. I know a couple of older pros who've had them since blackbox and they say the Pike is the best fork they've ever ridden. Let us know what you think ...
    Haha, you should see how many little scratches and paint chips are in that bike. It gets ridden, don't worry. It only looks super clean from a distance. We have more dust and rock than mud, so cleaning is usually as simple as just wiping it with a wet cloth. Plus, I just did a complete teardown recently. I pulled all the linkages apart and cleaned out everything.

Will definitely give an update on the Pike. Initial impressions seem to backup what you've said and what I've heard everywhere. While trying to get it partially dialed in pedaling around the neighborhood and off curbs adjusting settings, it's a noticeable difference, smooth yet with no excessive diving through the mid-stroke. I can't wait for its first trail ride. Oh and it makes the 32 float feel so damn noodley in comparison.
    LMB

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BaeckerX1 View Post
    Haha, you should see how many little scratches and paint chips are in that bike. It gets ridden, don't worry. Like I said in the other thread we have more dust than mud, so cleaning is usually as simple as just wiping it with a wet cloth. Plus, I just did a complete teardown recently. I pulled all the linkages apart and cleaned out everything.

Will definitely give an update on the Pike. Initial impressions seem to backup what you've said and what I've heard everywhere. While trying to get it partially dialed in pedaling around the neighborhood and off curbs adjusting settings, it's a noticeable difference, smooth yet with no excessive diving through the mid-stroke. I can't wait for its first trail ride. Oh and it makes the 32 float feel so damn noodley in comparison.
    Yeah, not sure why Pivot still specs the 32 150mm with the 5.7/5.7c. The bikes ride much better with the Fox 34 (@150mm) or Pike. The 32's are just too flexy. Was a pretty big deal when I put the 34 on, so I suspect you'll have the crazed, wide eyed ecstatic look after your 1st ride on the Pike.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    No dropped chains yet, do you have a chain guide fitted or clutch derailleur? I have heard you can get away without either with the wolftooth chainrings. I also have a 30T on the way.

mtbr member

2010 Pivot Mach 429 with a few recent upgrades.