Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by JMW503 View Post
    1. I swapped my Reverb with a KS Lev (this week). The Reverb was fine, but I was tired of the cable scrub. My wife got the Reverb, so everyone is happy.
    How are you liking the Lev vs the Reverb? I'm thinking of going this same route, especially since I have one of the first Mach 5.7s without the dropper post routing. I'm piggybacking on another cable and have it zip-tied to the top tube cable mounting points. I really like the idea of that stationary cable, but I've heard a couple issues.

This particular post I read has me worried.
    My LEV broke. The external cable attaches to a barrel nut at the seat collar. The barrel itself is then attached to a nylon cable and the nylon cable is what broke. It looked like when the barrel nut was tightened down it frayed the nylon cable enough that it eventually let go.
    I've also heard their warranty support isn't that great?
    Gotta get up to get down.
    LMB

official eMpTyBRain
    New (to me) Garmin Edge 305 GPS for the 429
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What have you done to your Pivot Cycle lately?-130330_0003.jpg  

...and proud member of the anti-sock puppet desolation

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Added Saint brakes and 180mm Ice Techs front and rear! and the I-Spec for the shifter/brakes, sucks that I had to buy both sides just to use the right.

What have you done to your Pivot Cycle lately?-img_2797jpg2.jpg
    What have you done to your Pivot Cycle lately?-img_2796jpg2.jpg

mtbr member
    Dec 2011

1 x10!!!!!

just added new xt crank (3 x converted to 1 x), e-thirteen ring and MRP guide. quiet!!!! very quiet!!!What have you done to your Pivot Cycle lately?-1x10.jpg

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kenbentit View Post
    Kinda. Not sure if I like the Monster Energy tag or good ole Gravedigger Stripped the front and had it painted Kawasaki green. Added a new DHXAir and a mix of decals. Pretty happy with how it turned out.
    Nice!! I owned several KDX 200's and always had a soft spot for Kawi's. I always loved having a green woods bike when everything else was yellow or red it seemed. Nice job.

mtbr member
    I converted my Firebird to 650B.

I bought a set of Sun Ringle Charger Expert 650B wheels, and 2.3 Neo Moto tires. They fit fine in my Lyrik RC2DH fork, and the Firebird rear triangle.

I absolutely love this mod!! Steering is more precise, and less twitchy. Rolls faster, and corners great. I have 26" and 29" bikes, and have never been able to make up my mind. Now, there is no place I would rather have a 26" bike, and no place I would rather have a 29" bike. This is an absolute keeper.

mtbr member

What have you done to your Pivot Cycle lately?

Quote Originally Posted by twowheelsdown2002 View Post
    I converted my Firebird to 650B.

I bought a set of Sun Ringle Charger Expert 650B wheels, and 2.3 Neo Moto tires. They fit fine in my Lyrik RC2DH fork, and the Firebird rear triangle.

I absolutely love this mod!!
    I'm still debating on this mod. Not a 100% sure if my Zoke 55 will take the 650 wheels.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hangtime View Post
    I'm still debating on this mod. Not a 100% sure if my Zoke 55 will take the 650 wheels.
    I did a search, and here is one that is converted, and it looks very similar to the clearance on my Lyrik. I have about 5mm at the top.

http://forums.mtbr.com/650b-27-5/mar...0b-601584.html

mtbr member

1x10

Put a 30t wolftooth chainring on. Dropped about 1.5lbs on the FB. Easier to clean that area too.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What have you done to your Pivot Cycle lately?-img_20130603_200145_322.jpg  

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Mach 5 fulll SLX 2x10 clutch action drive train. (With the exception of XT cranks)

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Anyone know if the Mach 5 is 650 compatible?

mtbr member
    had my shock pushed and added a dropper post and wider bars. thinking of changing the travel on my revelation 140 to 150 and maybe a new custom wheelset
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What have you done to your Pivot Cycle lately?-img_0437.jpg  

mtbr member
    Change my cranksWhat have you done to your Pivot Cycle lately?-pivotfb_cranks.jpg

mtbr member
    Feb 2013

What have you done to your Pivot Cycle lately?

What have you done to your Pivot Cycle lately?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1370743879.639685.jpgNew xx1 crank.

official eMpTyBRain
    I bought my 429 a second wheel set for moderate AM riding and I mounted Specialized Purgatory tires on those wheels. I also bought an extra set of Spesh Ground Controls for it's usual XC wheel set.
    ...and proud member of the anti-sock puppet desolation

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    I fell off my 5.7C fractured my ankle and won't be riding for a month

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Does this count?
    What have you done to your Pivot Cycle lately?-4th-july.jpg

Oh, and I put a new Van 180 and ESI Extra Chunky grips on, both of which I thoroughly enjoy. Was running an 09 float 160 (which was on its last leg) and Rogues before.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by broccoli rob View Post
    Put a 30t wolftooth chainring on. Dropped about 1.5lbs on the FB. Easier to clean that area too.
    How does this setup work for you? I have the same ring on the way for my 'bird!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishercat View Post
    had my shock pushed and added a dropper post and wider bars. thinking of changing the travel on my revelation 140 to 150 and maybe a new custom wheelset
    Did the PUSH mod make a difference? On a HL bike, I think it is 100% necessary, but am wondering how much difference there will be on a dw linked bike.
    On MTBR, the reputation is infamous.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespasianus View Post
    Did the PUSH mod make a difference? On a HL bike, I think it is 100% necessary, but am wondering how much difference there will be on a dw linked bike.
    yes the push mod has made a difference. i got the plush setting. the bike definitely feels better. i wanted them to remove the pro-pedal completely but for some reason they didnt. will probably send the shock back and have them do that, just haven't gotten around to it. dw link doesnt need pro-pedal imo

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jultanV View Post
    How does this setup work for you? I have the same ring on the way for my 'bird!
    I'm really liking the simplicity of the 1 x 10. The ratio of the 30t is perfect for me and its pretty quiet. I've ridden some pretty rough stuff and no dropped chains. No problems bashing it into anything either since its so small. I'm very happy with it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishercat View Post
    yes the push mod has made a difference. i got the plush setting. the bike definitely feels better. i wanted them to remove the pro-pedal completely but for some reason they didnt. will probably send the shock back and have them do that, just haven't gotten around to it. dw link doesnt need pro-pedal imo
    Thanks. I agree with the need (or not) for PP on dw linked bikes. I don't think I have ever used it on my bike. Plusher is better and I am always looking for plusher!
    On MTBR, the reputation is infamous.

dog
    sit! stay!
    Quote Originally Posted by chamberlink View Post
    Does this count?

that even beats spokie dokies...

What is that? and would it keep sticks out of my spokes?
    i need to develop my crashing skills...

Old goat
    Aug 2009
    I licked the box. It's sitting on the shop floor waiting for build up.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by c_rex View Post
    I licked the box. It's sitting on the shop floor waiting for build up.
    Me too! Mine is just waiting on the front derailleur and dropper post, which should both be coming in tomorrow. Hope to be riding it this weekend!

And the box tasted like chocolate.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast