Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

What have you done to your Pivot Cycle lately?

167K views 477 replies 165 participants last post by  Paulsmith55 
#1 · (Edited)
I was in the garage wrenching on my Mach 429 this morning.

Things done today:
*Added Crankskins to the crankset
*Installed new rear brake pads
*Cleaned up the drivetrain
*Reinstalled my rebuilt Eggbeater 2ti pedals

Ready to tear it up tomorrow!!! :)

#99 ·
I did a tubeless conversion on my 2013 Firebird. I used American Classic tape, Stan's rim strips, Stan's sealant, and Schwalbe Hans Dampfs on the DT 530 rims. The setup was painless and has been solid so far with no burping after 2 rides at 30 psi.

#100 ·
Pivot Mach 5.7 AL.
Added a 0.93^3 in volume spacer to the Fox CTD shock. It is the largest spacer for that shock. I don't bottom out anymore but still use all the travel often, which is a good thing. I've only dropped the sag ring off the shock once on a big hit (3-4ft) that I didn't land correctly.
Also added more fox fluid on the Fox Float 34 CTD @ 150mm. I have added a total of 20cc. I think it was just the right amount for me, not bottoming out anymore but still using all the travel.

Both changes will need a rebound adjustment as I felt with the same setting it is now faster than I would like.

I weigh 195lbs with gear and my pressures are 170psi and 70psi.

#106 ·
I converted my Firebird to 650B.

I bought a set of Sun Ringle Charger Expert 650B wheels, and 2.3 Neo Moto tires. They fit fine in my Lyrik RC2DH fork, and the Firebird rear triangle.

I absolutely love this mod!! Steering is more precise, and less twitchy. Rolls faster, and corners great. I have 26" and 29" bikes, and have never been able to make up my mind. Now, there is no place I would rather have a 26" bike, and no place I would rather have a 29" bike. This is an absolute keeper.

#107 ·
I converted my Firebird to 650B.

I bought a set of Sun Ringle Charger Expert 650B wheels, and 2.3 Neo Moto tires. They fit fine in my Lyrik RC2DH fork, and the Firebird rear triangle.

I absolutely love this mod!!
I'm still debating on this mod. Not a 100% sure if my Zoke 55 will take the 650 wheels.

#119 ·
Did the PUSH mod make a difference? On a HL bike, I think it is 100% necessary, but am wondering how much difference there will be on a dw linked bike.

#138 ·
I was about to give you crap about how clean your bike is, but then I noticed the proper wear on your down tube. ;^) Got to say I am lusting after the Pike. I know a couple of older pros who've had them since blackbox and they say the Pike is the best fork they've ever ridden. Let us know what you think ...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.