• 03-26-2013
    BaeckerX1
    Quote:

Originally Posted by JMW503 View Post
    1. I swapped my Reverb with a KS Lev (this week). The Reverb was fine, but I was tired of the cable scrub. My wife got the Reverb, so everyone is happy.

How are you liking the Lev vs the Reverb? I'm thinking of going this same route, especially since I have one of the first Mach 5.7s without the dropper post routing. I'm piggybacking on another cable and have it zip-tied to the top tube cable mounting points. I really like the idea of that stationary cable, but I've heard a couple issues.

This particular post I read has me worried.
    Quote:

My LEV broke. The external cable attaches to a barrel nut at the seat collar. The barrel itself is then attached to a nylon cable and the nylon cable is what broke. It looked like when the barrel nut was tightened down it frayed the nylon cable enough that it eventually let go.
    I've also heard their warranty support isn't that great?
  • 03-30-2013
    Hawg
    1 Attachment(s)
    New (to me) Garmin Edge 305 GPS for the 429
  • 04-15-2013
    WarBoom
    2 Attachment(s)
    Added Saint brakes and 180mm Ice Techs front and rear! and the I-Spec for the shifter/brakes, sucks that I had to buy both sides just to use the right.

Attachment 790941
    Attachment 790948
  • 04-16-2013
    40er
    1 Attachment(s)
    1 x10!!!!!
    just added new xt crank (3 x converted to 1 x), e-thirteen ring and MRP guide. quiet!!!! very quiet!!!Attachment 791229
  • 04-20-2013
    twowheelsdown2002
    Quote:

Originally Posted by kenbentit View Post
    Kinda. Not sure if I like the Monster Energy tag or good ole Gravedigger :p Stripped the front and had it painted Kawasaki green. Added a new DHXAir and a mix of decals. Pretty happy with how it turned out.

Nice!! I owned several KDX 200's and always had a soft spot for Kawi's. I always loved having a green woods bike when everything else was yellow or red it seemed. Nice job.
  • 04-20-2013
    twowheelsdown2002
    I converted my Firebird to 650B.

I bought a set of Sun Ringle Charger Expert 650B wheels, and 2.3 Neo Moto tires. They fit fine in my Lyrik RC2DH fork, and the Firebird rear triangle.

I absolutely love this mod!! Steering is more precise, and less twitchy. Rolls faster, and corners great. I have 26" and 29" bikes, and have never been able to make up my mind. Now, there is no place I would rather have a 26" bike, and no place I would rather have a 29" bike. This is an absolute keeper.
  • 04-20-2013
    Hangtime
    What have you done to your Pivot Cycle lately?
    Quote:

Originally Posted by twowheelsdown2002 View Post
    I converted my Firebird to 650B.

I bought a set of Sun Ringle Charger Expert 650B wheels, and 2.3 Neo Moto tires. They fit fine in my Lyrik RC2DH fork, and the Firebird rear triangle.

I absolutely love this mod!!

I'm still debating on this mod. Not a 100% sure if my Zoke 55 will take the 650 wheels.
  • 04-20-2013
    twowheelsdown2002
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Hangtime View Post
    I'm still debating on this mod. Not a 100% sure if my Zoke 55 will take the 650 wheels.

I did a search, and here is one that is converted, and it looks very similar to the clearance on my Lyrik. I have about 5mm at the top.

http://forums.mtbr.com/650b-27-5/mar...0b-601584.html
  • 06-04-2013
    broccoli rob
    1 Attachment(s)
    1x10
    Put a 30t wolftooth chainring on. Dropped about 1.5lbs on the FB. Easier to clean that area too.
  • 06-05-2013
    Lemonaid
    Mach 5 fulll SLX 2x10 clutch action drive train. (With the exception of XT cranks)
  • 06-05-2013
    Lemonaid
    Anyone know if the Mach 5 is 650 compatible?
  • 06-06-2013
    fishercat
    1 Attachment(s)
    had my shock pushed and added a dropper post and wider bars. thinking of changing the travel on my revelation 140 to 150 and maybe a new custom wheelset
  • 06-07-2013
    Macharza
    1 Attachment(s)
    Change my cranksAttachment 806251
  • 06-08-2013
    holkin
    1 Attachment(s)
    What have you done to your Pivot Cycle lately?
    Attachment 806623New xx1 crank.
  • 07-01-2013
    Hawg
    I bought my 429 a second wheel set for moderate AM riding and I mounted Specialized Purgatory tires on those wheels. I also bought an extra set of Spesh Ground Controls for it's usual XC wheel set.
  • 07-12-2013
    robinfisk
    I fell off my 5.7C fractured my ankle and won't be riding for a month :(
  • 07-13-2013
    chamberlink
    1 Attachment(s)
    Does this count?
    Attachment 815779

Oh, and I put a new Van 180 and ESI Extra Chunky grips on, both of which I thoroughly enjoy. Was running an 09 float 160 (which was on its last leg) and Rogues before.
  • 07-16-2013
    jultanV
    Quote:

Originally Posted by broccoli rob View Post
    Put a 30t wolftooth chainring on. Dropped about 1.5lbs on the FB. Easier to clean that area too.

How does this setup work for you? I have the same ring on the way for my 'bird!
  • 07-16-2013
    Vespasianus
    Quote:

Originally Posted by fishercat View Post
    had my shock pushed and added a dropper post and wider bars. thinking of changing the travel on my revelation 140 to 150 and maybe a new custom wheelset

Did the PUSH mod make a difference? On a HL bike, I think it is 100% necessary, but am wondering how much difference there will be on a dw linked bike.
  • 07-16-2013
    fishercat
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Vespasianus View Post
    Did the PUSH mod make a difference? On a HL bike, I think it is 100% necessary, but am wondering how much difference there will be on a dw linked bike.

yes the push mod has made a difference. i got the plush setting. the bike definitely feels better. i wanted them to remove the pro-pedal completely but for some reason they didnt. will probably send the shock back and have them do that, just haven't gotten around to it. dw link doesnt need pro-pedal imo
  • 07-16-2013
    broccoli rob
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jultanV View Post
    How does this setup work for you? I have the same ring on the way for my 'bird!

I'm really liking the simplicity of the 1 x 10. The ratio of the 30t is perfect for me and its pretty quiet. I've ridden some pretty rough stuff and no dropped chains. No problems bashing it into anything either since its so small. I'm very happy with it.
  • 07-17-2013
    Vespasianus
    Quote:

Originally Posted by fishercat View Post
    yes the push mod has made a difference. i got the plush setting. the bike definitely feels better. i wanted them to remove the pro-pedal completely but for some reason they didnt. will probably send the shock back and have them do that, just haven't gotten around to it. dw link doesnt need pro-pedal imo

Thanks. I agree with the need (or not) for PP on dw linked bikes. I don't think I have ever used it on my bike. Plusher is better and I am always looking for plusher!
  • 07-18-2013
    dog
    Quote:

Originally Posted by chamberlink View Post
    Does this count?

that even beats spokie dokies...

What is that? and would it keep sticks out of my spokes?
  • 07-22-2013
    c_rex
    I licked the box. It's sitting on the shop floor waiting for build up.
  • 07-22-2013
    laine
    Quote:

Originally Posted by c_rex View Post
    I licked the box. It's sitting on the shop floor waiting for build up.

Me too! Mine is just waiting on the front derailleur and dropper post, which should both be coming in tomorrow. Hope to be riding it this weekend!

And the box tasted like chocolate.
  • 07-27-2013
    WarBoom
    3 Attachment(s)
  • 07-28-2013
    ruralbike
    1 Attachment(s)
    1. Easton Havoc Stem 90mm
    2. WTB Pure V Saddle
    3. KCNC Scandium seatpost
    4. ZTR Crest & Novatec Wheelset
    5. Truvativ Noir 700mm carbon bar
    6. KCNC brake rotors
    7. KCNC crankset
  • 07-28-2013
    Macharza
    1 Attachment(s)
    Attachment 819891
    Shredding my FB here at Troms, Norway
  • 07-28-2013
    laine
    1 Attachment(s)
    I took my brand spanking new Mach 5.7c out for its inaugural rides on Saturday (at Joachim Miller Park) and Sunday (China Camp). It was awesome. Here's the glory shot:

Attachment 820055
  • 07-28-2013
    icsloppl
    :thumbsup: Good lookin ride. :thumbsup:
  • 07-28-2013
    chamberlink
    Quote:

Originally Posted by dog View Post
    that even beats spokie dokies...

What is that? and would it keep sticks out of my spokes?

Haha, it's crate paper taped to the spokes. It was for the 4th of July. And no, I don't think it would help with sticks. Also, not ideal in cross-winds. Spokie dokies, haha. Maybe next year!
  • 08-01-2013
    vandeec5
    1 Attachment(s)
    Attachment 821088

Got a custom tune rear shock installed.
  • 08-01-2013
    Macharza
    1 Attachment(s)
    Attachment 821089Another pic from my Bike Trip at Troms, Norway
  • 08-02-2013
    golden boy
    Quote:

Originally Posted by vandeec5 View Post
    Got a custom tune rear shock installed.

Moar about that shock, please!
  • 08-06-2013
    BaeckerX1
    Quote:

Originally Posted by golden boy View Post

Yes, do tell. I just ordered a new Pike 150 for the front of my Mach 5.7. I'm anxious to try it out, and a shock upgrade is next. :) Actually, that all black shock looks a lot like the all black Pike. :p
  • 08-06-2013
    JMW503
    Quote:

Originally Posted by golden boy View Post

The Bike Company - Powered by ironfly internet
  • 08-08-2013
    BaeckerX1
    Look what I just got for the Pivot. :) Can't wait to get some rides on it. Crappy indoor cell phone pics are all I got so far.

• 08-08-2013
    JMW503
    Quote:

Originally Posted by BaeckerX1 View Post
    Look what I just got for the Pivot. :) Can't wait to get some rides on it. Crappy indoor cell phone pics are all I got so far.

I was about to give you crap about how clean your bike is, but then I noticed the proper wear on your down tube. ;^) Got to say I am lusting after the Pike. I know a couple of older pros who've had them since blackbox and they say the Pike is the best fork they've ever ridden. Let us know what you think ...
  • 08-08-2013
    BaeckerX1
    Quote:

Originally Posted by JMW503 View Post
    I was about to give you crap about how clean your bike is, but then I noticed the proper wear on your down tube. ;^) Got to say I am lusting after the Pike. I know a couple of older pros who've had them since blackbox and they say the Pike is the best fork they've ever ridden. Let us know what you think ...

Haha, you should see how many little scratches and paint chips are in that bike. It gets ridden, don't worry. It only looks super clean from a distance. ;) We have more dust and rock than mud, so cleaning is usually as simple as just wiping it with a wet cloth. Plus, I just did a complete teardown recently. I pulled all the linkages apart and cleaned out everything.

Will definitely give an update on the Pike. Initial impressions seem to backup what you've said and what I've heard everywhere. While trying to get it partially dialed in pedaling around the neighborhood and off curbs adjusting settings, it's a noticeable difference, smooth yet with no excessive diving through the mid-stroke. I can't wait for its first trail ride. Oh and it makes the 32 float feel so damn noodley in comparison.
  • 08-08-2013
    JMW503
    Quote:

Originally Posted by BaeckerX1 View Post
    Haha, you should see how many little scratches and paint chips are in that bike. It gets ridden, don't worry. Like I said in the other thread we have more dust than mud, so cleaning is usually as simple as just wiping it with a wet cloth. Plus, I just did a complete teardown recently. I pulled all the linkages apart and cleaned out everything.

Will definitely give an update on the Pike. Initial impressions seem to backup what you've said and what I've heard everywhere. While trying to get it partially dialed in pedaling around the neighborhood and off curbs adjusting settings, it's a noticeable difference, smooth yet with no excessive diving through the mid-stroke. I can't wait for its first trail ride. Oh and it makes the 32 float feel so damn noodley in comparison.

Yeah, not sure why Pivot still specs the 32 150mm with the 5.7/5.7c. The bikes ride much better with the Fox 34 (@150mm) or Pike. The 32's are just too flexy. Was a pretty big deal when I put the 34 on, so I suspect you'll have the crazed, wide eyed ecstatic look after your 1st ride on the Pike.
  • 08-21-2013
    wingoed
    No dropped chains yet, do you have a chain guide fitted or clutch derailleur? I have heard you can get away without either with the wolftooth chainrings. I also have a 30T on the way.
  • 08-22-2013
    ChilliconKENNY
    1 Attachment(s)
    2010 Pivot Mach 429 with a few recent upgrades.
  • 08-22-2013
    ChilliconKENNY
    1 Attachment(s)
    More 429 upgradeitus!
  • 08-22-2013
    ChilliconKENNY
    1 Attachment(s)
    It started with a lunch box kit!
  • 08-22-2013
    mrjoshuanyc
    Added answer carbon bars, reverb dropper post and swapped my float 32 non kashima to a float 34 160mm kashima coat. Little by little my bike is getting all the goodies! I have a 2013 pivot 5.7 carbon, loving it!
  • 08-24-2013
    cyber96
    I am debating on going carbon bars and adjustable post. Both from Crank Brothers through a prodeal (45% off retail). Does anyone have a suggestion on these? I will probably get a carbon stem as well but just not from Crank Brothers.
  • 08-27-2013
    Spaceman613
    I need to post pic, but latest was new XTR bottom bracket, before that was chromag seatpost clamp.... Magura MT8s and wheels built by my friend Simon (Hadley hubs and stans rims).... Oh and Thompson stem. All on a 5.7 (aluminium).
  • 09-13-2013
    BaeckerX1
    I put a 2014 Monarch Plus RC3 on my Mach 5.7. Unfortunately Colorado is having the storm of the century and it's been pissing rain and flooding everywhere for a week. Won't be able to ride it for awhile. Many of my favorite trails have been destroyed. :(
  • 09-13-2013
    Macharza
    1 Attachment(s)
    Attachment 831645Riding these beauties, Mach 6
  • 09-13-2013
    tahic
    Quote:

Originally Posted by cyber96 View Post
    I am debating on going carbon bars and adjustable post. Both from Crank Brothers through a prodeal (45% off retail). Does anyone have a suggestion on these? I will probably get a carbon stem as well but just not from Crank Brothers.

I love my Enve stem/bar combo and have just put on the new Thomson dropper and recommend it highly compared to what I was using. Never used Crank Bros tho after some disastrous pedal experiences