mtbr member
    Jan 2011

UPS delivers 2011 pivot 5.7

http://i820.photobucket.com/albums/z...onyx/bike1.jpg

2011 Pivot 5.7 medium XT kit (2 weeks order to delivery time)
    I ripped the box apart and had it assembled in short order.

I have made 2 rides and almost have the fit dialed in. I have a shorter stem on order (still paranoid about being able to get behind the seat on steep downs) and have put my old WTB rocket graphite saddle on. The Nevagal tires seemed to roll slow so I put on a new set of Panaracer Fire Pro's that I already had. I may get to try them tomorrow. I am still running the suspension set up that I did in my bedroom the first night. Seems to work fine in the woods. I am trying a set of platforms for the first time rather than SPD's. I can drive better with the SPD's and they are lighter. The platforms are heavy but easy to get into on a grade and the five ten shoes are more confortable. ?????

I am completely satisfied with the bike frame itself. It appears to be a work of art and I am faster already as compared to my old HT FS. The 3-10 speed XT drive train shifts to perfection. The XT brakes are firm and have plenty of power for my needs.

I have not used fork lockout or shock pro-pedal. Maybe I don't have enough power to generate pedal bob.

I don't like the lack of detent feel I get with the pro-pedal lever and rebound dial on the RP-23. Don't know if this has any bearing on shock function or not . Is this normal?

The DT-350 hubs seem to have a 10 degree engagement per my quick count. If you let off pedal pressure any at all, the hub disengages and requires 10 degree pedal rotation to re-engage. Is this normal? I never noticed this on my old XTR hubs.

Well this is just a first impression review. I'll get back later if anything develops.

Thanks for the help I got here in making my decision.
    UPS delivers 2011 pivot 5.7-bike1.jpg

Pivotal figure
    Nice clean bike, I'm guessing that's the last time it gets to hang out in the kitchen though
    As for the shock detent, they are pretty soft as I recall. Won't affect the performance any but you do have to pay closer attention when making adjustments. The hub engagement is pretty standard on that hub. You could replace the stock ratchet assembly with the upgraded 36t version for quicker engagement. I've been running those for over a year now and love it.
    http://www.dtswiss.com/Products/Acce...chet-hubs.aspx
    Desert Sunset Calls/Upward, Pain, Perseverance/Welcome Solitude

dog
    sit! stay!
    are the flowers for the bike or for an apology to the spouse for dropping $5K?
    i need to develop my crashing skills...

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by dog
    are the flowers for the bike or for an apology to the spouse for dropping $5K?
    Surely you have heard about the concept of tit-for-tat spending in a marriage. However the spending ratio in my marriage is not 1:1. It's more like 4:1.

p.s. My dog is a Red Heeler. I also love the Blue Heelers.

Jamin, Applesause, No?
    I can see by the 1980's kitchen floor, counter tops and cabnetry that you are spending your money wisely. My kitchen looks very similar and my bike is worth more then my car. My Wife wanted a new matress recently, so when I got the money for one I went out and bought new wheels, brakes, handlebars and stem instead. $1500 well spent.

BTW - Your bike looks Awesome!

Bike Addiction
    I've got the same kitchen floor minus the 5.7 I'm not replacing flooring till it rolls up on its own.
    Disclaimer: Always get a second opinion cause I'm just guessing