Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    i have ordered and paid for a ccdb air cs 2014 215x63 for my new mach 6 and here is the surprise (cane creek answer )
    We just heard from another customer with a Mach 6 that the Medium and Small frames are compatible with the DBAir. You will need to order the BAD0919 which is a specific version of the DBAir-CS that has a 15mm open end-eye. The standard 215 x 63 shock will not work with this frame.
    I AM ****ED spent a lot of money and now canīt use it

mtbr member

Tell me bad things about the Mach 6

Surely you can change the order?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OriginalDonk
    I know of a few people, myself included, considering running something other than the lauded Float X. I'm currently trying to work out what shocks are frame compatible (i.e. clearance for piggy back), what shocks require different hardware, and if the required hardware actually exists. Sounds like a specific 15mm open end-eye CCDBA is required per Cane Creek (thanks for doing the leg work Goyayago, hope you get what you need). Not sure if the standard BOS Kirk is compatible either. I know Fox, Rock Shox, and Marzocchi use similar standards and may be the easiest transitions. Keen to see what people hear from companies, LBS's, distributors, and the great KenBentIt as it comes through.

Pivotal figure
    The key thing to remember on the Mach 6 isn't so much the shock hardware (the front mount is a very standard 8x22mm) it's the size of the shock body where the rear hardware would normally go. With the Mach6 there is NO shock hardware on the rear mount, just the "pin" that comes with the bike and replaces all the shock hardware. Our stock shocks come with no hardware or bushings in the rear position. The eyelet needs to be the correct ID (I need to double check that value but I "believe" it's .578")and the shock body needs the correct width/thickness at the eyelet (.500", 12.71mm). I've seen a pic with a Vivid air on a Mach 6 (pretty sure the frame was a Large). From what I've heard, the BOS uses a thicker shock body at the eyelet (14mm Vs 12.71) so it will NOT work. The best option is to email or call before ordering a shock so you don't end up with something that won't work.
    Desert Sunset Calls/Upward, Pain, Perseverance/Welcome Solitude

mtbr member
    Do you have any idea if the Monarch Plus will work on the M6?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by goyayago View Post
    i have ordered and paid for a ccdb air cs 2014 215x63 for my new mach 6 and here is the surprise (cane creek answer )
    We just heard from another customer with a Mach 6 that the Medium and Small frames are compatible with the DBAir. You will need to order the BAD0919 which is a specific version of the DBAir-CS that has a 15mm open end-eye. The standard 215 x 63 shock will not work with this frame.
    I AM ****ED spent a lot of money and now canīt use it
    I am sure that if you call Cane Creek to discuss the situation they will work with you. I had a similar issue with my I9 hubs and they worked it out for me very quickly.

Pivotal figure
    I'm 99% sure the Monarch will work fine since it uses the same size bushings and it's "footprint" is even smaller than a Vivid Air (which I've seen on a bike).
    Quote Originally Posted by Salespunk View Post
    Do you have any idea if the Monarch Plus will work on the M6?

mtbr member
    Jul 2009

Tell me bad things about the Mach 6

Quote Originally Posted by aevanlloyd View Post
    Here is what is wrong withe Mach 6: The color options are terrible. Where is the green used in the 429C? Where is the Solar Orange from the Les? How about the white/blue from the Phoenix. The blue is a nice color, but the black is not my favorite. C'mon Pivot, would it kill you to give us more color options? Even options you use in your other bikes?
    I find it strange you say this TBH because other manufactures do not give more than three colours any more and they dont give the same colours as they do with their other models.

I agree that there is to much going on with all the yellow but get the all black if thats a problem!

Santa Cruz and intense only offer one or two colours on each frame and they are normally very similar and not the same as another model!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by stejam View Post
    Santa Cruz and intense only offer one or two colours on each frame and they are normally very similar and not the same as another model!
    I dont think we can fault Pivot for the number of colors offered, but their paint schemes are not my fave. This is personal preference obviously, but I love the more simple and elegant graphics of the Bronson and Mojo HDR. Solid background with large contrasting stripes or color blocks in a couple areas is a cool look. Pivot gets a little carried away with angular blocks of color, and the absurd number of logos is just ugly.

My M6 will be stealth black. I think the lines of the bike are so cool and distinctive there's no need for garish colors...

mtbr member
    I think the issue for people is there are really 2 black colours and one bright colour in the M6. One black and two other colour options would have satisfied a bunch of people in this thread without needing extra colour schemes.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by vikb View Post
    I think the issue for people is there are really 2 black colours and one bright colour in the M6. One black and two other colour options would have satisfied a bunch of people in this thread without needing extra colour schemes.
    This reminds me of a tidbit I heard while demoing an M6 at Bothell Ski & Bike (aka bikesale.com, one of the largest Pivot dealers). They said they were not spec'ing xx1 or x01 on blue M6s because the paint was actually enough to cause a clearance issue with the rear cassette. I wasn't totally clear on where this issue would arise, and I have to think they'll fix this by masking the affected area soon.

Pivotal figure
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewBird View Post
    This reminds me of a tidbit I heard while demoing an M6 at Bothell Ski & Bike (aka bikesale.com, one of the largest Pivot dealers). They said they were not spec'ing xx1 or x01 on blue M6s because the paint was actually enough to cause a clearance issue with the rear cassette. I wasn't totally clear on where this issue would arise, and I have to think they'll fix this by masking the affected area soon.
    We were having variances with paint thicknesses on the Blue frames but those have been addressed. I just verified that a Monarch Plus will def fit the frame. Also double checked my numbers for the pin diameter and it's 15mm. So any shock needs to have a 15mm eyelet and the body needs to be .500" to fit into the clevis.

mtbr member
    Awesome info. One other question, have you heard any other reports of clearance issues with XX1 and I9 hubs? My 10t is virtually unuseable with this setup, but was fine with the DTSwiss setup. I guess I can just throw a washer in there, but I hate hack fixes.

mtbr member
    Yeah all the logos make it look like a trek road bike. yuk. I guess with all the similar looking bikes out there (with the shock mounted in same position, similar downtube, swingarm, etc. They want to make theirs stand out....... still looks like a road bike tho

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Yody View Post
    Yeah all the logos make it look like a trek road bike. yuk. I guess with all the similar looking bikes out there (with the shock mounted in same position, similar downtube, swingarm, etc. They want to make theirs stand out....... still looks like a road bike tho
    You must see some strange road bikes???

mtbr member
    lol i mean the graphics

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    lol i mean the graphics
    HAHA Sorry I see :-)

mtbr member
    I dunno, I think the M6 is fairly unique looking. S-curvy down tube and up-curving top tube/seattube junction looks a little like a Stumpy FSR I guess. But the pivots and links in the back are unique, and the overall look of the rear end is very cool in an industrial-chic kind of way. If it were up to me I'd highlight that with some ano on the links or pivot points. Maybe they'll offer those for after-market pimpin' at some point.

mtbr member
    I think what is going on here is that when people are considering a large purchase such as this, there is a natural tendency to evaluate the purchase by seeking out things in the (+) and (-) column.

I find it hilarious (and satisfying since I'm buying one) that the only negative thing anyone can find is personal preference on the graphics. This isn't a beauty contest or accessory for me, its an all mountain shred machine and I happen to think its good looking and in line with the industry as far as graphics. If you don't love the graphics there is the stealth black. Problem solved. Don't even get me started on the lines of the bike, its downright dry-humpable.

mtbr member
    Will a Mach6 complement a Solo (or in my case 650b TRc) nicely? What do you guys think?

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by markmyers View Post
    i think what is going on here is that when people are considering a large purchase such as this, there is a natural tendency to evaluate the purchase by seeking out things in the (+) and (-) column.

I find it hilarious (and satisfying since i'm buying one) that the only negative thing anyone can find is personal preference on the graphics. This isn't a beauty contest or accessory for me, its an all mountain shred machine and i happen to think its good looking and in line with the industry as far as graphics. If you don't love the graphics there is the stealth black. Problem solved. Don't even get me started on the lines of the bike, its downright dry-humpable.
    well said!!!

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    power ranger fan, holy crap I laughed hard when I read that
    I have too many bikes, but it's not enough

Pivotal figure
    We actually just had an I9 wheelset in to verify the setup worked OK. The spacing measured the same as the DT and Stan's wheelsets. I don't have that much experience with I9 hubs though, do they offer different models?
    Quote Originally Posted by Salespunk View Post
    Awesome info. One other question, have you heard any other reports of clearance issues with XX1 and I9 hubs? My 10t is virtually unuseable with this setup, but was fine with the DTSwiss setup. I guess I can just throw a washer in there, but I hate hack fixes.

Keep on Rockin...
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewBird View Post
    I dont think we can fault Pivot for the number of colors offered, but their paint schemes are not my fave. This is personal preference obviously, but I love the more simple and elegant graphics of the Bronson and Mojo HDR. Solid background with large contrasting stripes or color blocks in a couple areas is a cool look. Pivot gets a little carried away with angular blocks of color, and the absurd number of logos is just ugly.

My M6 will be stealth black. I think the lines of the bike are so cool and distinctive there's no need for garish colors...

My decision to go with the M6 over the Bronson came down to, silly enough color choices.

The Bronson had the threaded BB, reliable pivot setup. Good cable routing. Availability and price

The M6 had the DW and better geo (which is a big one for me).

It was really close, so it came down to looks. The M6 in Stealth came out on top. My bikes have usually been red or black. The Bronson's colors were not good - like SC was trying to hard to go out of its way to be different with those funky, trendy colors.

I do agree that Pivot advertises way too much on their frames.

swag ho Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by markmyers View Post
    I think what is going on here is that when people are considering a large purchase such as this, there is a natural tendency to evaluate the purchase by seeking out things in the (+) and (-) column.

I find it hilarious (and satisfying since I'm buying one) that the only negative thing anyone can find is personal preference on the graphics. This isn't a beauty contest or accessory for me, its an all mountain shred machine and I happen to think its good looking and in line with the industry as far as graphics. If you don't love the graphics there is the stealth black. Problem solved. Don't even get me started on the lines of the bike, its downright dry-humpable.

Make no mistake... it's a great bike. This thread is really for folks who know about the awesome qualities of the bike and are getting ready to dip into the kids' college fund.

Like I said earlier, it would be great if every bike had a thread like this so it cuts to the chase of gives the 'soon to be' buyer that they're not making a mistake.

fc
    IPA will save America

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast