All bike, all the time

Specialized Enduro S-Works 29 or Mach 629c?

Worth the wait for Pivot to come out with longer travel 29? Anyone heard if/when? The Spesh build is killer esp. Pike and reviews are all ga-ga but I love my 429c, just need more trav.
    All bike, all the time

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    I was told the Mach 6 was originally designed as a prototype 29er. After some R&D, Pivot decided to make it a 650 B. I would love to see Pivot make a long travel 29, but I'm not holding my breath. By the way, I rode the Mach 6, and if I had the extra money laying around I would not hesitate to get one. It is a really sweet bike.

mtbr member
    I have an Enduro 29 and Mojo HD. The Enduro is WAY more, ahem, active while pedaling. If you like DW, Horst Link may not be your cup of tea. It is a lot of fun to ride, but I have found it to be no faster than my 26 wheeled bike either up or down according to Strava. This is after 175 miles. YMMV

All bike, all the time

DW and something else about Pivot

Agree on suspension. Also under-bb cable routing on the Spesh is suspect. Something about the cockpit of a Pivot really fits me well, haven't found any bike better... Was talking with some 650 fanboys who say 29 is too big for 150mm but I've ridden a couple of Mach 6s and they just don't do much for me. Here's hoping Chris is working on LT 29, ready to show/demo at Sea Otter.
    All bike, all the time

mtbr member
    It is all what you are used to. I have a post in the 29 Bike forum that explains my experience, but for me neither was better or faster. Just different. I would completely agree that there is nothing wrong with a 150 travel 29 bike. It goes through the tight stuff just as well as my 26 HD.