dog
    sit! stay!

Smile ... since no one else is posting videos...

... you are gonna be stuck with more of mine...

actually this is mercifully short and shows a little "creek jump" the folks at one our local County parks added... which is pretty cool of them...

(you Pivot trailer demo guys - assuming you look at this forum - may remeber this park where Frank had the demo this past Spring, in North Cackalaky)

LCCP small creek jump from t st on Vimeo.

i need to develop my crashing skills...

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Dude I'm in Raleigh also. Funny cause I think I've seen your dog hanging outside of the North Hills Panera a few mornings I've been by there. Haven't hit the new jump at the Crab yet. Mainly cause my only ride right now is a hardtail.

dog
    sit! stay!
    ... so that's where she's been going... probably panhandling for coffee and a turkey bagel...

mtbr member
    How far are you guys from Cane Creek? The videos they post... frigging awesome looking trails somewhere around there.
    "It looks flexy"

dog
    sit! stay!
    i know i've seen one of the videos i think you are talking about somewhere... but i couldn't find it again... i know one of the trails was Greenslick at Bent Creek just outside of Asheville... that's my favorite trail at that place... i usually ride it 2 or 3 times and skip most the other trails there ...

Then i think they may have shown Dupont State Forest (but don't hold me to that, i could be making that up)... The local mountain bike community has done an amazing job there...

But all that is in the "real mountains" about 3-4 hours from me...

mtbr member

This one isn't in Carolina but cool anyway. I can't wait till Whistler opens again.

"It looks flexy"

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Yup, CC is located in good ole Fletcher, NC right outside Asheville. FYI...Industry Nine is also located in Asheville and actually machines their hubs, spokes and anodized parts in their factory there as well.

I do recall that first video being in Dupont. Check their website. They usually have the videos posted there and they describe where they were shot. Love their headsets. Not as flashy as a King but they sure are smooth and sold at great prices.

Appalachian Singletrack'n
    Thatís a little Bent Creek a whole lot of DuPont but the wood at the beginning and end Iím not sure about. They have used some top notch editing to make those trail systems look a lot different than they feel to me. Thatís not to say those places donít have jumps berms etc itís just where talking about ~60 miles of trail and they captured most of the best features in this 4min. film.

Pivotal figure
    Very much off topic but Endomaniac; That is one sweet cog on your Avatar!
    Desert Sunset Calls/Upward, Pain, Perseverance/Welcome Solitude

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kenbentit
    Very much off topic but Endomaniac; That is one sweet cog on your Avatar!
    Is Boone still choosing to make TI (wedding) rings instead of cogs?
    Last edited by gticlay; 02-12-2011 at 06:46 AM.
    "It looks flexy"

dog
    sit! stay!
    ... OK... for today's moment of irony... i had originally posted this because i was bored by all the talk of equipment and not enough stuff about riding...

gticlay... thanks... i could not find the CC videos... Endomaniac is right... editing does wonders for our trails ... there are a lot of very awesome public trails in the NC mountains... not sure where the jumps/gaps/brdiges etc were, but my guess would be private trails... although i did run into this one on the public trails... i did not try it (i bet Kenbentit would, though )

Pivotal figure
    That actually looks like a really cool feature. Not overly huge but the depth of the gap adds a lot to it visually. Was that an old bridge or something?
    Desert Sunset Calls/Upward, Pain, Perseverance/Welcome Solitude

Quote Originally Posted by gticlay
    Is Boone still choosing to make TI (wedding) rings instead of cogs?

I don't think Brett makes any bike parts any more. I had several rings and cogs but sold them all used on ebay often for 4 times what i paid for them. They last forever but are very flexy. A 20 t cog on my 29er would dump off on occasion just because of how much the cog flexed. I was allot more interested in the fashion of the bike before I had kids. My wife and I have wedding bands Brett made and her engagement ring is one of his tension settings and is one of the most interesting looking diamond ring I have ever seen plus it goes in and out of gloves without snagging.

Quote Originally Posted by kenbentit
    That actually looks like a really cool feature. Not overly huge but the depth of the gap adds a lot to it visually. Was that an old bridge or something?
    The lip to gap equation looks like it = high speed.
    I think I know where that is but last I was there that lip hadn't been built and as I remember, you would have to peddle into it.

dog
    sit! stay!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenbentit

Quote Originally Posted by Endomaniac
    The lip to gap equation looks like it = high speed.
    I think I know where that is but last I was there that lip hadn't been built and as I remember, you would have to peddle into it.
    Yes, it's a place that used to have a bridge... the abutments are stone as you can see... it is a very cool spot... not much forgiveness and the penalty for failure is obvious
    no lander either (flat as a pancake)... i have seen a picture of someone flying over it... they obviously had some serious speed to be as high as they were, considering the ramp... also, i recall what i perceived to be the approach having a rather large boulder in the middle of it... not sure how that was supposed to work... it would be a great photo opp!!!

dog
    sit! stay!
    a little more of the same jump... but it's short, it's all i have right now, and i'm hoping y'all have better ones to post anyway

another view... same little jump from t st on Vimeo.