Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008

Sea Otter opinion

I test rode some different bikes and felt the Mach 4.7 was most drool worthy. The Ibis Mojo HD was sweet too.

I liked the way the Mach 4.7 felt under my tail. It certainly could be set up but it felt like I could hall butt on that bike. I do wish a 160 mm fork was approved for it. I was told by Chris that a 160 is not recommended. This may be a function of them wanting to avoid freeriding on a Mach 4.7 (which I don't do).

Great bike.

Not just famous; infamous
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaybo
    I test rode some different bikes and felt the Mach 4.7 was most drool worthy. The Ibis Mojo HD was sweet too.

I liked the way the Mach 4.7 felt under my tail. It certainly could be set up but it felt like I could hall butt on that bike. I do wish a 160 mm fork was approved for it. I was told by Chris that a 160 is not recommended. This may be a function of them wanting to avoid freeriding on a Mach 4.7 (which I don't do).

Great bike.
    Mach 4.7 Is there a new bike? Was I ahead of the curve? A 120mm, 5 lb Pivot frame would probably earn me divorce papers.

I'm guessing you mean the 5.7, since you mentioned the 160mm fork. What other bikes did you ride? I really want to get on one when the Pivot van gets out here to Denver.

Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008

Typo

Quote Originally Posted by coolhandluchs
    Mach 4.7 Is there a new bike? Was I ahead of the curve? A 120mm, 5 lb Pivot frame would probably earn me divorce papers.

I'm guessing you mean the 5.7, since you mentioned the 160mm fork. What other bikes did you ride? I really want to get on one when the Pivot van gets out here to Denver.
    Yes, the 5.7. I test rode a lot of bikes but liked the feeling the best on the Pivot. I love the look of that bike too. I rode a 5 Spot and it was good but the rear end didn't move freely. It may have just needed to break in a bit.

mtbr member
    Jaybo, can you compare the 5.7 and the 5 Spot in a bit more detail? I am looking at both of these as my do it all bike and would like to know how they compare in general all mountain use - from techy climbing to 3 foot drops and everythin in between.