TCB
    mtbr member

RockShox Reverb for my Firebird Y/N

Looking to buy the RockShox Reverb for my Firebird, should I go with the standard top tub cable routing or the bottom of Seatpost “Stealth” model.

Or F%@# Reverb go with ______ Seatpost

Thanks
    "No matter where you go there you are" BUCKAROO BANZAI

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    I had a trouble free Reverb post and would recommend it. Now I have a KS Lev and so far no issues. The Lev might be the way to go, I really like the ODI grip integration and the fact that the cable enters the bottom of the post.
    Diamondback Mission 4
    Cannondale: Perp, SuperSix
    Tomac Buckshot SS
    BMC Speedfox

dog
    sit! stay!

My $0.02...

Reverb-mine needs consistent bleeding... Needs to be rebuilt 1/yr... $50 kit plus $50 in specialized tools - seems to excessive for me

GD - broke 2X in 1 year. Incredible CS. New design probably resolves issues I had. Also mid-position hard to find.

DOSS - huge lever- OK since i run a1x9... Easy to get mid position... Seems really solid. Heavy and only have had for 4 months... So far it's the best by far out of the box.
    i need to develop my crashing skills...

TCB
    mtbr member
    Thanks guys for the info
    What would you say is the best routing for the Firebird, bottom of Seatpost or top tub.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007

RockShox Reverb for my Firebird Y/N

The bird does not have an exit in the seat tube for the stealth reverb hose. You need the 'standard' reverb.

TCB
    mtbr member
    Just read the Thomson Elite "Stealth" Dropper model will be out in Jun, I have been reading positive reviews on the Thomson.
    And the KS Lev is also looking good, I like that there is no cable movement, does the KS have infinite adjustable travel.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    I went from a first-gen 5" command post (which I ran for about 18 months with no problems) to a 6" KS Lev that I've been running for 5 months now, and man that Lev is just so buttery smooth. I'm very impressed with it. The two minor things I've noticed with it are that if I leave it dropped overnight and press the button to raise it, it takes about 5 seconds before it comes up but always works perfectly after that first time. The second thing is that I was used to the collet-style locking mechanism on the command post that wouldn't raise up if I picked up my bike from the seat, but the Lev does lift a little if you pull hard enough. It does go right back to where you set it when you let go. Minor gripes though for such a great performing post. No experience with the Reverb, but I've heard it's pretty nice too.
    Also, I think you could get away with stealth routing on your 'bird, if it has the hole on the bottom of the seat tube like mine does ('09).

> /dev/null 2&>1

Re: RockShox Reverb for my Firebird Y/N

I've had good luck with my kronolog. Folks have had issues with them early on but i think they're corrected now. Just make sure you have zero tension on the cable when the lever is at rest.

Its cheap, light, its all mechanical so doesn't require oil change, and the cable attaches at the collar, not at the seat.