Black Lion

Recent Mach 5 Upgrade

I have been riding my 2010 Mach 5 hard since I got the frame early summer. Many many miles, wet to dusty conditions, without any problems. I love this frame. BUT, the one thing I was not a huge fan of was just how much drag I could feel on the stock Shimano BB. I ordered an Enduro Ceramic BB from Real World Cycling and wow what a difference. I have been using the Ceramic bearings and BB's on my road bikes now on to the mtb.

Happy Miles
    Greg
    Voltron

mtbr member
    How difficult was it to remove the old BB? What is the proper technique?

Black Lion
    Quote Originally Posted by davemk
    How difficult was it to remove the old BB? What is the proper technique?

Very easy with the Enduro Bearings BRT-002 tool.
    Voltron

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    very hard and ugly with out the tool. i know.

keep an eye on that new bb. mine is about 4 months old and the drive side is pretty rough feeling. i repacked it with the lube they recommend and still really rough. either way, when assembled, it spins really nice and has no movement so whatever...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by volcanized
    very hard and ugly with out the tool. i know.

keep an eye on that new bb. mine is about 4 months old and the drive side is pretty rough feeling. i repacked it with the lube they recommend and still really rough. either way, when assembled, it spins really nice and has no movement so whatever...
    HA. My outboard bearing is super loose and grindy but when I get everything together, it spins nicely. I should probably put my new BB in but damn I'm lazy during rainy season.
    "It looks flexy"

My other ride is your mom
    I just took my stock Mach5 BB in because it was getting crunchy at 2.5 years, especially on the non-drive side....drive side was not too bad.....it's being warrantied and Shimano is sending the shop another one.

I thought about going with an upgrade...but given the 3 year warranty and no job....it was a no brainer.