mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Problems Installing KS Lev Integra on Mach 6?

Have any of you had problems with installation? When trying to put the cable of the KS through the tube going through the frame to the seattube, it is too long causing the KS to not work properly.

So, needing to cut the internal frame tubing. But how do you do that? It's super tight in there, no way to get a snipper in there.

Anyone?
    We Ride In God's Country!

mtbr member
    Are you sure it isn't the KS causing the issues. The Integra is not a great design and my understanding is that cable housing compression and not internal cable movement is the way it is actuated. Nobody I know has gotten one to work yet.

mtbr member
    My LBS installed mine and it is working FLAWLESSLY...for 3 whole rides so far! LOL

I'm hoping for the best. The only thing I can offer is that it can be setup to work on the Mach6. Time will tell w.r.t. durability.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    I have a KS Lev Integra on my Mach 6 and it's working well. I installed it myself (with the help of a friend) and didn't encounter much issue. We connected the cable through the frame and into the post first and then connected the lever/bar. Once connected to the lever/bar, we cut the slack from the cable and stuffed the end of the cable under the lever.

Like robertj, I only have 6 rides on it but it's been great for those rides. Much easier to use than the Command Post I had previously (though that thing was problem free for 2+ years with little maintenance).

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by myitch View Post
    Have any of you had problems with installation? When trying to put the cable of the KS through the tube going through the frame to the seattube, it is too long causing the KS to not work properly.

So, needing to cut the internal frame tubing. But how do you do that? It's super tight in there, no way to get a snipper in there.

Anyone?
    Sounds like you missed a measurement. You're supposed to measure how far down the seat post will go, then cut this from the total length (with the lever on the handlebar in the right position). To make the cut, take off the lever and pull the cable up through the seat post (pulling the lever up to the internal cable hole to create slack). Then, when you move the lever back to the correct handlebar position, the cable should be further down inside the seat post. If you walk through the instructions step by step you should have no issues.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Yeah the design is really terrible on this one. I just got the Integra 125mm and take me 30 minutes to installed and the hard part took me all day to get it to work. The cable need to move freely for this to work, but How? Cable need to be zip tie and bend 90 degree at the bottom of the seat tube outlet eye and zip tie to the cable guide on the down tube. The post keep move up and down on it is own I guess because the cable got caught at the outlet eye at the 90 degree bend. So I come up with this solution and stripped off all the hose plastic housing to exposed the metal casing inside so that it could move when not wet (that what she said).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Problems Installing KS Lev Integra on Mach 6?-cam00199.jpg  

Problems Installing KS Lev Integra on Mach 6?-cam00200.jpg