Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Aug 2008

... and if we just ...

My Mach 5

IMG_0215_edited-2.jpg

IMG_0210_edited-2.jpg

IMG_0211_edited-2.jpg

This is by far the best bike I have ever ridden. It climbs so much better than my previous four bar linkage bike and decents are also much more faster. My opinion about the rear suspension is that it's very plush, and I have never needed the propedal.
    It is also pretty light (25,1 lbs) for that amount of travel.
    I would recommend it...

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    My Mach 4. Without a doubt the best bike I have ever ridden.

sam575
    I saw your bike at the shop! I wanted black, but none were available last year. Only blue.

Unbelievable bikes.

I am sure the boys at VicMTB looked after you. Best shop in town. And most knowledgable about Pivot.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Cheers Sam. Yours in the blue looks awesome!

Yeah the guys at VicMTB are great, the best service.

You might see me at some enduros towards the end of the year.

mtbr member
    So here is mine. Firebird SLX build, Fox 36 Float and the 2010 RP23 with Boost valve, stock so far. I was lucky enough to test ride one of these with Ken (kenbentit) a while ago and was hooked and couldn't wait to get one.

I've taken out on 2 rides so far and it gets better and better as I get the suspension fine tuned for me. My old bike was more of an XC/Trail bike (motobecane Phantom Comp DS) and the FB is definitely suited more towards the way I like to ride. The trails in Phx AZ are very rocky and this bike really smoothes things out nice. I am really stoked on this bike. I'll add some more pics when I get a chance.

slow uphill
    Quote Originally Posted by rideflatout
    So here is mine. Firebird SLX build, Fox 36 Float and the 2010 RP23 with Boost valve, stock so far. I was lucky enough to test ride one of these with Ken (kenbentit) a while ago and was hooked and couldn't wait to get one.

I've taken out on 2 rides so far and it gets better and better as I get the suspension fine tuned for me. My old bike was more of an XC/Trail bike (motobecane Phantom Comp DS) and the FB is definitely suited more towards the way I like to ride. The trails in Phx AZ are very rocky and this bike really smoothes things out nice. I am really stoked on this bike. I'll add some more pics when I get a chance.

very sharp!

what trails do you ride in Phx? I just picked up a Mach 429 to replace a Raleigh XXIX+G.. world of difference... so much better on the rocky terrain here.

mtbr member
    Rides I have actually been doing in the summer are usually along various parts of T100 and all the loops/spurs around dreamy draw/piestawa peak.

Some riding I am hoping to do include NRA, Sunrise and Flagstaff.

When it's cooler, I'll ride Papago and plan to ride SOMO more often and get in on some shuttle runs.

mtbr member
    The artsy shots...
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Jan 2009

Finished my 429 today, to bad it rained

Bought this frame from Speedgoat at midnight on a Thur and received it on Friday. I wanted the Silver, but Speedgoat was out and offered me $100 off to go red. The red isn't bad either so I went for the discount.

This replaces my Jet frame which is broken and won't be fixed till end of month.

Frame: Pivot Mach 429 Med
    Fork: Fox F29 RLC '09
    Wheelset: Stans ZTR Arch w/ Hope Pro II hubs and Hope skewers
    Tires: Specialized Control Captain 2.2 (F) and S-works Eskar 2.3 (B), both tubless
    Brakes: Avid Exilir CR, 160mm rear, 185mm front
    Shifters: Sram X0
    Rear del: Sram X9
    Front del: Shimano XTR
    Chain: Shimano XTR
    Cassette: Shimano XT M770
    Crankset: XTR
    Pedals: Time ATAC Carbon
    Seatpost: Thomson Elite setback
    Saddle: Specialized Rival
    Stem: Thomson Elite
    Handlebar: Specialized S-works Carbon
    Grips: ODI lock-on
    BB: XTR

Weight: 28.41 lbs.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Here is my Goldenly trimmed Bird, love it so much, great job Pivot!

Pivotal figure
    Didn't go with the gold bar as well? Been wondering how those wheels would look on a FB, pretty blingy. Oh yeah, diggin the custom painted graphics too
    Last edited by kenbentit; 08-06-2009 at 05:17 PM.
    Desert Sunset Calls/Upward, Pain, Perseverance/Welcome Solitude

KJR
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ppcontrol
    What is that wrapped around your fork lowers?

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Almost looks like clear bar tape to me, probably to protect it from being scratched. He has it on his chainstays as well.
    - Jason

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ppcontrol
    Nice gold ano to match the linkage. I'm going to post an update pic of mine soon... I thought it'd look cool with a CK gold headset and Salsa Gold seatport Clamp. The Salsa almost matches the gold linkage, but the CK headset gold is FUGLY on mine. I can't tell in your pic, but is it about four shades too dark on yours too? Now I can't do anything about it since I got all excited, convinced myself it would look great, and used it...
    "It looks flexy"

dog
    sit! stay!
    my CK headset has some gold in it and it seems to match really well... but the color always seem to change with each batch of anodizing... note how much darker the CK spacer ring is...

i need to develop my crashing skills...

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Hi Bros,
    I wrapped the lower fork and chain stays with some transparent PVC tape 0.8mm thick which I found them to be an excellenct material to use for protecting the related parts from scratches. These PVC tapes are cheap, durable, very easy to maintain, and you can hardly see them from a distance (fork 's graphics are visible). More importantly, they are better than the cloth-type chainstays which after riding in moist, may absorb muddy water with stinking smell like grandmother's mouth.

When I looked for the various golden components for trimming, I found it impossible to match them in perfect colour scheme as well, they are in fact fall into different catergory of gold color from greenish gold (dw-link) to reddish gold (CK headset), the best gold color in fact, came from the Spank Royala rim !

mtbr member
    Aug 2009

Im Loving it

Im Loving it

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    My one month old Pivot Mach 5. Im loving it..

mtbr member

here it is

Finally got around to posting pic

mtbr member

New Mach 5 build

Wanted to share my new Mach 5 with you all. Just got her built up last Wed. morning and headed out to CO. First stop Boulder, hang with some friends and on to Fruita on Friday. Rocked the Mach 5 on Rustlers, Horse Theif, Kessel, Western Zipty, Zipty Do Da and Kessel again. That's the way to break in a new bike! Onto Telluride on Saturday hanging and riding with friends around Tride for 3 days. Weather turned in the mountains so we hoofed it to Moab and am here now. Took the photo on Bar M-B Loop today. Tomorrow The Whole Enchilada is in store.....whoo hooo! I love this ride!!

I love this bike, it is replacing a 4 year old Trance w/ Fox F 130 RL, which I dearly loved ( the Trance is going to one of my buds who is in need of a bike and is going to swap me beer from his award winning brewery). The Mach 5 does it all and more with about the same weight and component selection. I truly feel like I can ride anything on this bike especially the way I have it set up right now. Not sure of the weight but I will put it on a scale as soon as I am able, maybe at Poison Spider bike shop tomorrow. My guess is 27 lbs. as shown. This is a 2010 model with the large can RP23 and the only thing that I notice is that if I set the sag at 30% that I can blow through all the travel with bigger hits 2-4'. I want it to have some steeper ramp up at the end and a bit of reserve. I am either going to make the air sleeve shim that people are using on DW Link longer travel bikes with air shocks or send my shock to Push for a custom tune and a big hit mod.

Here is my build:
    Mach 5 Grey, small
    RS Lyrik MY10 170 mm SA DH CD White
    Cane Creek 110 ZS black HS
    I9 Enduro/ Stans Flow rims w/ Stans yellow tape/ tubless
    Kenda Nevegal 2.35 UST front tire
    Maxxis High Roller 2.35 UST rear tire
    SRAM XO Triggers w/ Matchmkers
    Avid Elixir CR brakes 160mm RR, 185mm FR
    SRAM XO RD
    XTR FD
    XTR BB
    Race Face Deus White TCR cranks
    Crank Bros Mallet M pedals with Ward Ind. Ti-6Q2 spindles
    SRAM 990 11-34 cassette
    SRAM 991 HP chain
    Thomson Elite SP
    WTB Devo carbon saddle
    Salsa Flip Lock SPQR
    Tompson X4 31.8 x 70mm x 0deg stem
    Easton 31.8 ML CNT riser bar
    ODI Rouge Lock On grips

I also have a Fox Float 140 RLC/ Pushed for me and getting a white paint job. I will run this fork for a more XC/ endurance race/ ride set up. I don't though I am absolutely loving this bike the way I have it now and I have cleaned every steep climb I have attempted with it.

What do you think? Thanks for looking!

LCW
    mtbr member
    Sweet Mach 5 indeed! Nice build-up and components list. I remember pm you early last year about your Trance I ended up with a Fisher... But on the lookout for a burlier bike to add to the stable for next year... How do you like the Lyrik up front? How is it compared with Fox forks?

cheers
    2011 Yeti 575 - 2015 Fox Float 36 RC2 160 / Fox Float X - 30.6 lbs

Team Sanchez
    RS Lyrik MY10 170 mm SA DH CD White
    [/QUOTE]

Thats a beauty!

Why did you go with the 170mm fork over a shorter one? Just curious.
    Let's get down to the Neetty Greetty.

slow uphill
    looks mean - interesting to hear the climbing works well with the 170 fork.

is that a cateye next to the left grip?

mtbr member
    Thanks, MK, MC and OD! I wanted a new Lyrik Solo Air and the '10 SA forks are 170 mm, it was also the one I got a deal on. I love it with the Lyrik, it rocks the down hills and climbs pretty well. I will put the Fox Float 140RLC on with my Crossmax SL wheels when I want a more of a trail bike. The HA with the Lyrik is about 67.5 deg. and with the Fox it is 69 deg. the bike is about 2 pounds lighter with the Fox an my Crossmax wheels. I am also using lighter non UST Nevegals on the Crossmax, 2.35 front and 2.1 rear, so they contributes to the lighter weight. I do love this bike but I need to add a shim to the air sleeve to increase the ramp up at the end of the stroke.

mtbr member

Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast