Buy one before the price hike.

Just a little FYI.
    Bad rep!!! That's right SON!!

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Hi, do you know how much? Thank you.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    I called around...at least $200 on a Pivot 429 frame...and there is no difference between 2010 and 2011 frames. Must be screwflation hitting us all now.

Paterfamilias
    Feb 2006
    Price increase will be around 10%

We incurred a materials increase of about 14% back in August of last year. We hoped that the dollar would rebound, but it has not, and all of our suppliers - materials based, or component based have increased prices since then. In an effort to keep the price increase as low as possible we have increased prices across the board, however the Firebird's price has the lowest increase.

We are sorry to have to do this, but we needed to make this adjustment at this time.
    "The face of a child can say it all, especially the mouth part of the face".
    Jack Handy

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Thank you Dan23...did not mean to imply anything negative about Pivot Cycles - meant that screwflation is just a fact of life for us all now - no matter where we look.

Paterfamilias
    Feb 2006
    No worries ForestHorse. We don't like price increases either. But it's the dollars decrease in value that's hurting us.
    "The face of a child can say it all, especially the mouth part of the face".
    Jack Handy

Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008

Hmm

Pacific Rim frames that are approaching the cost of US made frames like Ventana and Turner is goofy.

mtbr member
    Price increases will depend on the the bike. Inposted this to let anyone almost readyto pullthe trigger to do it before the end of the month. Not to bash pivot. I believe pivot has great products and unfortunately the whole country has to deal with rising costs. Everywhere we look. Been tothe gas station lately? Gonna be ugly by summer.

My fear is that this may delay my phoenix purchase.

Ps sorry for the poor grammar. Haven't finished the first cup of coffee. Yet.
    Bad rep!!! That's right SON!!

West Chester, PA
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaybo
    Pacific Rim frames that are approaching the cost of US made frames like Ventana and Turner is goofy.
    I can't believe I'm saying this, but you're right.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaybo
    I think you will find that the US made frames will increase in price as well due to overall inflation impacts on commodity prices, it will just take longer. (A weaker dollar will drive higher demand for US made tubesets which will drive up prices on domestic products.) Everything in a free market system comes to equilibrium eventually.

ZEN RIDER!
    Welcome to the new world order.
    I'm putting my order in hopefully next week!
    Life in every breath