Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jun 2013

Pivot Mach 6 - Frame Weight?

Does anyone know the weight of the new Mach 6 frame?

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    I will know in a few weeks when my large frame comes in,even dealer did not know yet.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    bump

mtbr member
    The XX1 built Mach 6 comes in at 27.05lb (12.23kg)
    The XTR build tips in at 28.22lbs (12.8kg)
    Actual Weights: 2014 Pivot Vault Cyclocross & Les 27.5? and Mach 6 Mountain Bikes

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Macharza View Post
    The XX1 built Mach 6 comes in at 27.05lb (12.23kg)
    The XTR build tips in at 28.22lbs (12.8kg)
    Actual Weights: 2014 Pivot Vault Cyclocross & Les 27.5? and Mach 6 Mountain Bikes
    XX1 saves over a lb? wow

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Still nothing on "frame weight" alone!

mtbr member
    At the dealer meeting we were told the Medium will weigh under 6 lbs.
    Scott @ GO-RIDE.com
    Turner DHR
    Pivot Mach 6
    Giant Anthem 27.5
    Salsa Bear Grease C
    Lil Shredder 20" - son's

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Strange they had the LES on the scale but didnt bother to put the M6 on there. wonder why whoever was filming didnt ask either. In this video:

EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Pivot visits NZ with the 2014 Mach 6 Carbon | Bikeland.co.nz ? The Home of New Zealand Biking

Under 6lbs would be great hope that is true!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    When I called Pivot a two weeks ago, even they didn't know the weight. He said the frames out there now are pre-production frames and are slightly overbuilt. I'm guessing that means the demo frames also? I'm assuming then they'll trim the excess "fat" off before making production consumer frames.

For me, if it's not under 5.5lbs it won't be worth $3k. That's just me, others may feel differently. The new BMC 29er 5" travel frame is claimed weight of 5.5lbs IIRC so with proper designing, Pivot should be able to get it less than 5.5lbs I'd hope.

Drum roll....
    We Ride In God's Country!

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by myitch View Post
    For me, if it's not under 5.5lbs it won't be worth $3k. That's just me, others may feel differently. The new BMC 29er 5" travel frame is claimed weight of 5.5lbs IIRC so with proper designing, Pivot should be able to get it less than 5.5lbs I'd hope.
    I not going to hold my breath on under 5.5lbs. that float x weigh .8 lbs.
    But my lbs who rode them at dealer camp said he heard they were allegedly be mach 5.7c weight. so that makes it around 5.6lbs if that is true. would be good imo

Slovakia (Europe)
    Mach 5.7c large frame weight is 2726g (6.0lbs) incl. shock and rear axle. To state the frame weight without shock is simply cheating (by company), if that isn't explicitly noted.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    To include the rear axle may not be comparing apples with apples :-)
    Surely both bikes would need to be in similar configuration.

Slovakia (Europe)
    Is the rear axle specific part of the frame delivered by the manufacturer with the frame or not? If it is, it should be included in the frame weight, IMHO. The same with the forks. Just have a look at e.g. Fox weight specification, all forks include axles in the weight specification. I see no difference between fork w/ axle and frame w/ axle weight specification. You are still comparing apples with apples .

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    So it looks like there are no official numbers? Not a good sign...

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    The only interesting thing about Mach 6 weights is that how close to each samples weight compared to other. This will tell something about the consistency of the mfgr.
    As for actual weight, as long as it is under 3kg with all parts it's light enough.

mtbr member
    My 5.7c with shock an axle came in at 2608 grams (5 3/4). Built up with with dropper and depending on which tires and pedals I run, it can weigh anywhere from 26 3/4 lbs to a hair over 28. I just finished a 20 miler with 5000 of vert with my current Enduro race build (Shimano DX pedals) and the bike was fine and I cruzed the climbs. Point is, a .25 to .50 difference on a frame means very little. If the Mach 6 comes in around 6 LBS with a float x, then great. How one actually builds it will matter more in the end for total weight and enjoyment. I'd much rather ride a Pivot which I KNOW is bomber and stiff as hell than a freaking BMC or Scott (talk about flex) and have it weigh a whole .5 lb more. Yes weight matters, but Enduro bikes aren't weight dependent; performance matters more. Oh, and let us not forget the rider. I have a buddy that rides a Banshee with a burly 35 lb build and he kicks my and everyone elses ass every race.

As for no official weights, Pivot it just getting their first batch of bikes and so I don't expect they'll say much of anything until they get consistency in yields.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Buddy of mine received his medium yesterday frame weight,6' 14 oz.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by techfersure View Post
    Buddy of mine received his medium yesterday frame weight,6' 14 oz.
    Hmmm, that seems a bit high considering Pivot was saying it'll be about a .25 pound more than the 5.7c. Even with the Float X, there's still a .50 lb diff between your buddy's number and what is expected. Did he weigh it with BB and HS installed? Not calling you out or anything like that, I'm just need a bit more proof since the delta is so large. Maybe post a pict of the frame on the Park scale?

BarBanger
    Feb 2008
    6 14 for a medium? Wow. I need a large, so that will easily be over 7 lbs. That's the same if not heavier than a Mojo HD, and they have set the standard for heavy frames due to being built so stout. My lrg Carbine is well under 6 lbs w/out headset and bb but with axle and seatpost clamp and dropouts.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Was weighed at bike shop and I know the mechanic who put it together has the Float X not sure about HS and BB being installed at time will find out he did not mention it,I was wondering myself does seem a tad high.total weight was 28lbs without pedals XT PRO build.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Weight,included BB and front derail.so approx half a pound off top,6lb 5oz and change if I did my math right.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by techfersure View Post
    Weight,included BB and front derail.so approx half a pound off top,6lb 5oz and change if I did my math right.
    That sounds more like it ... Sure folks appreciate you following up to clarify.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    We really need to see a couple of these on a scale to be more accurate, preferrable with the standard stock shock and axle included since that's how most companies measure frame weights. I do mean at least a couple of them too, not just one since they're are usually variances.

But if it IS 6lb 5oz, I'll say forget it. Too heavy to pay $3k. I've got a carbon frame (Mojo HD) over 6lbs, why would I want another one.
    We Ride In God's Country!

mtbr member
    I guess you wouldn't.

Others might like the lower BB, longer top tube, shorter chainstays, different wheel size, or aesthetics, and most folks don't already have a 6" carbon bike in the stable, so there's that.

Besides, how light does one want a bike that's meant to be raced over challenging courses? For my $3K, I'd trade some durability for a few ounces.
    www.seanhannity.com <=not what you think it is.

Homeopathy is the Air Guitar of Medicine.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Juan _speeder,exactly,why would you want one! you have the HD so of course it would be redundant to consider the Mach 6! but for those who a want durable 6" it is ripe for the pickens and weight is an non issue for its intended usage.in or around 30lbs built is great as far as I'm concerned.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast