Thread: pivot mach 6

VooDoo user.

pivot mach 6

I have heard there are already proto type pics floating around. I've been all over GOOGLE and can't find anything. Anyone hear have the goods? Help a brothah out.

VooDoo user.
    anyone????

mtbr member
    The Mach 6 is actually un-named at this point. Any ideas?

It will have 6.75 of rear DW goodness. They have been testing them on some of those crazy, rocky, AZ trails.

I hope it is available before I-Bike.
    Bad rep!!! That's right SON!!

IPAs make me wanna puke.
    Dec 2004
    Can someone explain to me why 6.75" was chosen? Is this supposed to be a freeride bike? Why not 6.2 inches? It would match perfectly with a Fox 36 or Lyrik. I'm puzzled as to why Pivot would choose 6.75 inches.
    My presence would be the equivalent of painting lamb's blood on your frame, causing the "angel of crash" to nail me instead.

VooDoo user.
    I'll bet one guy @ Pivot wanted 7" of travel and the other wanted 6.5" so they split the difference. I think its a long travel aggressive trail bike. Seems to be a growing trend, hence bikes like the Yeti 7.

I can't wait.

mtbr member
    as pivot specs all their bikes with fox forks, i have no doubt it was designed for a 36. the f & r travel do not need to be identical to be a balanced ride. the mach 5 takes 30% sag so if the new bike does as well it will probably be very even as far as travel goes with a rider on board. with 25% sag in front and 30% sag in rear it does turn out to be within 8/100 of an inch.

Quote Originally Posted by SVSocrates
    Can someone explain to me why 6.75" was chosen? Is this supposed to be a freeride bike? Why not 6.2 inches? It would match perfectly with a Fox 36 or Lyrik. I'm puzzled as to why Pivot would choose 6.75 inches.
    [SIZE="4"]www.cycleprogression.com[/SIZE]

IPAs make me wanna puke.
    Dec 2004
    I get that, but it doesn't really answer the question of "why?" 6.75" Is it "normal" to run different sag % in the front than rear? Anyone think that longer travel, all mountain forks are going to happen? Could that be the reason? Rockshox makes the Totem and 'Zoke also has a longer travel fork, but they are pretty dedicated to the free-ride niche. I just find 6.75" an "odd" choice.
    My presence would be the equivalent of painting lamb's blood on your frame, causing the "angel of crash" to nail me instead.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by SVSocrates
    I get that, but it doesn't really answer the question of "why?" 6.75" Is it "normal" to run different sag % in the front than rear? Anyone think that longer travel, all mountain forks are going to happen? Could that be the reason? Rockshox makes the Totem and 'Zoke also has a longer travel fork, but they are pretty dedicated to the free-ride niche. I just find 6.75" an "odd" choice.
    The 6.6 has 6.7" travel, one good reason for the Mach 6 to have 6.75" - have Intense beat in every area.

VooDoo user.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrwhlr
    The 6.6 has 6.7" travel, one good reason for the Mach 6 to have 6.75" - have Intense beat in every area.

WERD!!!!!!!!!

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by toHELLuRIDE
    The Mach 6 is actually un-named at this point. Any ideas?

It will have 6.75 of rear DW goodness. They have been testing them on some of those crazy, rocky, AZ trails.

I hope it is available before I-Bike.

That sounds very nice. Hope they left tons of tyre clearance!

Chris should let the marbles out of the bag for us on mtbr

I wonder why none of those crazy AZ riders have not captured some spy photos ?

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    No spy photos as we're stealthy ninjas.

VooDoo user.
    Quote Originally Posted by el rob
    No spy photos as we're stealthy ninjas.
    hEY eL rOB

How about some little tidbits of info. Sneak peak? ETA? anything!?!? Throw us a bone.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    The bike has been named, but we're holding back before we share the name and more finite details of the bike. We have been testing two prototypes that are very rough esthetic versions of the bike, but mechanically pretty darn close to full production. Some cool features as you might expect, more travel, great pedaling performance, and it's crazy fun to ride when it's pointed downhill. More details to come, but probably not before interbike...sorry.

Trophy Husband
    Quote Originally Posted by el rob
    The bike has been named, but we're holding back before we share the name and more finite details of the bike. We have been testing two prototypes that are very rough esthetic versions of the bike, but mechanically pretty darn close to full production. Some cool features as you might expect, more travel, great pedaling performance, and it's crazy fun to ride when it's pointed downhill. More details to come, but probably not before interbike...sorry.
    You should just go ahead and call it "mini-Sunday".

edit: or Sunday-lite.
    Extreme stationary biker.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Is Ibis also releasing a ~7" bike soon? So there will be at least two DW Link long-travel bikes that we know of. Good stuff and may the competition heat up!

VooDoo user.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyer
    Is Ibis also releasing a ~7" bike soon? So there will be at least two DW Link long-travel bikes that we know of. Good stuff and may the competition heat up!

Ibis + lovng travel = nooodly, flexy, flimsy, POOP!

Pivot + long travel = stiff point and go goodness. Can't wait.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I don't know, man. I think the Ibis will be pretty beefy but we'll see once they all come out. Either way, I'm saving my pennies and waiting till Interbike. I just hope the 6" Pivot doesn't feel like a 4" bike but if they are all going to be unveiled at IB, I'm there!