mtbr member
    May 2009

Pivot Mach 5 rear Triangle cracked on non-drive chainstay

I started a general post with the same title bemoaning that my pivot Mach 5 rear triangle cracked.

The link for that is here: Pivot Mach 5 rear Triangle cracked on non-drive chainstay

It was mildly therapeutic, but did not result in a solution to my problem. Viable solutions include:

1) repairing the part (most suggest it's like the search for the holy grail, the first attempt at welding did not last more than a month)

2) find a rear from a '08-'10 medium, large or XL frame whose owner was unlucky enough to crack or destroy their front triangle

3) find a lucky owner of a rear triangle that wants to buy my '08 Large Mach 5 front triangle

Any help is much appreciated.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    I think it's time to find a new frame and move on.

Paterfamilias
    Feb 2006
    Kurtisk,

I'm just coming into your post here and your link. I've only read part of your other post, but let me help clarify a few things for you and other readers here. I watch the PIVOT page, and a few others, so this is why I'm just now seeing it.

The Mach 5 was replaced by the Mach 5.7 in 2011. So, though we still had frames in stock on close out in 2012, we stopped making this frame nearly 3 years ago. The main thing to note, all the moving parts, DW-Link, upper rocker, all pins, bolts and bearings, including the RD hanger are still available, so as far as service items, you can still buy these items. The non-serviceable parts like the FT or RT, we do not continue to make these once we graduate to the next model, even the big guys do this same thing, once a new model is made, they stop making the old... Since the last Mach 5 frames were made in 2010, we have moved on to other products. The moving parts are still supported, so your post isn't 100% accurate. As far as finding a RT that works, you will want one from a size M, L or XL, all of these frames use the same RT. The XS and S frames use a specific RT.

You spoke with Brien when you called in, feel free to call back and ask him more questions if needed.

Daniel Limburg
    PIVOT Sales Manager

I'm also sending you a PM
    "The face of a child can say it all, especially the mouth part of the face".
    Jack Handy