mtbr member
    Jul 2005

Pivot Mach 429 Wheelbase

Anyone know the wheelbase for 429 in Med and Large?
    Thanks,
    dew

Fat & Single
    I just turned around and ran a tape measure across my Med , looks like approx 1133mm
    Ti O'Beast
    Indy Fab
    One9
    Dirty Disco CX

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Thanks for the quick response.

dew

mtbr member
    Mar 2007

Small & Medium Wheelbase?

Pivot Riders - I am 5'9" with a 30" inseam and on the fence with the medium and small 429. Any experiences or insight is greatly appreciated. I am leaning towards the small and utilizing a offset seatpost and slightly longer stem.

Also, anybody know the wheelbase for the medium and small 429?

Fat & Single
    Quote Originally Posted by CDIDriver
    Pivot Riders - I am 5'9" with a 30" inseam and on the fence with the medium and small 429. Any experiences or insight is greatly appreciated. I am leaning towards the small and utilizing a offset seatpost and slightly longer stem.

I just told you the wheelbase for the med .... not that it matters , you need to look at the ETT .
    Ti O'Beast
    Indy Fab
    One9
    Dirty Disco CX

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by CDIDriver

I am the same height and same inseam. From the little fitting I've done I have come to the conslusion that I am long in the femur for what that's worth.

I have been riding a medium for almost a year now. I put on a straight post as the stock one had a slight offset. I also put on a 90mm stem as opposed to the stock 100mm. My knee lined up perfectly on the spindle with little seat adjustment. This has been a perfect bike for the majority of my daily rides which are lots of climbing on fireroads and flowy singletrack. However, I recently went and did some very technical and rocky singletrack climbing and for the first time the bike felt a little big. I am not changing a thing because I rarely do this kind of riding and frankly don't enjoy it, but if you are riding this sort of stuff frequently you might want to consider a small.