Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dikkie View Post
    Nice, I like the stealthy look.
    Is this an extreme DIY job, or is it a new 'non'-color option prototype?
    Chris Cocalis sends me all of his prototypes for testing......kidding! I really liked the numbers of the Les, but hated the graphics. I decided to go ahead and purchase a frame and sent it to Jack Kane Bicycles. These guys did an an amazing job transforming the bike, the customer service was also exceptional. More frame pictures can be found here Jack Kane Bicycles Master Gallery - Jack Kane Bicycles. Custom Bicycle Painting. Carbon Repair. Restorations
    neg rep for contributing to thread deterioration and posting useless comment. - wadafuq.

www.fattiremassive.com

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Bummer, my 'Les-frame' is delayed again, end of june.
    6 month's, never had to wait this long for bike stuff.
    If I can (ever?) roll the bike out of my work shop, Pivot might already present the new 2015 colors

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    I had Super Dave Thomas build me up a set of Knox Carbon wheels with I9 Torch hubs. Way different bike with these than the stock DT Swiss slugs that the bike came with. The wheels are stiff and snappy, plus with the wider rims they seem to put more tire surface on the ground which seems to roll faster.

Pictures don't really do it justice, or at least my pictures don't.

Pivot LES - Reviews?-20140425_043522.jpgPivot LES - Reviews?-20140425_043537.jpgPivot LES - Reviews?-20140425_043546.jpg

Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008
    I test rode and enjoyed the ride. The BB area didn't creak with XX1 cranks on a rainy day. The ride is rough but it is a fast climber. I was 5'11" and the medium was too small for me. The only downside for me is the 2k cost of the frame.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    How do you like having these two bikes in your fleet? I was thinking of getting the same bikes to complement each other.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by wesmeyer11 View Post
    How do you like having these two bikes in your fleet? I was thinking of getting the same bikes to complement each other.
    If you are referring to me, i never ride the 429 unless the Les is in the shop. The Les is the perfect all around bike for the riding I do, it does it all very well.

mtbr member

Pivot LES 27.5

I recently build up this LES for a change of pace, as I hadn't ridden a HT MTB since 1999. I've literally only been on either Specialized epics, Intnese Spider FROs, or my all-time favorite my Intense Tracer 275. We recently moved to Turkey and I was looking for something to go on the long, steep climbs out the back door of our place.

The LES has been great. I build up with mostly spare parts I had and it weighs in at 21.5 pounds (10 pounds lighter than my 275). Though my 275 can outperform it on the long fast descents, the LES rides away from it on the 20 minute cat 3 climbs I'm usually on.

The build:
    Pivot LES 27.5 (med)
    Fork: Fox float 32 CTD
    Group: mostly XT w/ XTR cranks, 1x10, 30 wolf tooth front chainring and 11x36 rear cassette. I tried a 42 tooth on the rear but I could never get the shifting right.
    Wheels: front - Stan's Crest front with 330 hub. Not a bad wheel, but it's flexy. Rear - Stan's flow with Chris King ISO hub (borrowed from my 275 as I'm still waiting on the rear wheel I ordered).
    Stem: Thompson
    Bars: Enve
    Seat: SLR
    Pedals: XTR

I also threw in a pic of Cappadocia where the riding is a bit "other worldly".

Cheers.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pivot LES - Reviews?-image.jpg  

Pivot LES - Reviews?-image.jpg  

74 & 29 pilot
    Great looking bike and build; I like it almost as much as my Solar Orange LES 29! ABSOLUTELY beautiful playground you get to ride in there!!
    MTBP
    "GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH!"
    Turn on the truth: http://www.ronpaulchannel.com/

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MTB Pilot View Post
    Great looking bike and build; I like it almost as much as my Solar Orange LES 29! ABSOLUTELY beautiful playground you get to ride in there!!
    Thanks, the pic of Cappadocia doesn't do this place justice for interesting riding. It's really fun and different from the east coast USA riding I came from. Even my daily riding in Ankara is pretty sweet where I can do rides with 700-800 meters of climbing without trying. The LES makes a huge difference on those climbs.
    Bikes are my time machines.

Pivotal figure
    Man, you need to post some of those pix on our FB page! That's an amazing place....
    Desert Sunset Calls/Upward, Pain, Perseverance/Welcome Solitude

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Just finished the build.
    Size large.
    Race face Next SL crankset, dm 32t Narrow wide chainring, BB92 RF BB,X01 cassette+derailleur+11 speed shifter all black.
    RF Next SL stearer, Turbine Stem.
    Light Bicycle hookless 30mm inside width rims, Pillar spokes, Novatec D772SB 4 in 1 hub.
    XTR trail brakes on front Formula discs180mm and rear 160mm.
    SDG I-beam carbon seatpost+ Formula fx saddle, Hope blue seat collar.
    SID 100mm fork.
    First test ride:
    Noisy chain on the 2 smallest rear cogs. Sound is like a new chain on an old cassette...I'd suppose that the hanger is straight, will check.
    Formula discs are not straight, current plan is to use XT discs that I have laying around and switch to 180mm rear.

Happy to be back on a carbon hardtail again, I like the stiffness and feel.
    Can't wait to get her dirty

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Dikkie View Post
    First test ride:
    Noisy chain on the 2 smallest rear cogs. Sound is like a new chain on an old cassette...I'd suppose that the hanger is straight, will check.
    It could be the cassette. i have had nothing but problems with xo1 cassettes on this bike. I even had sram warranty the first one because of the noise saying it was defective after 2k miles, only to have the new one make the same friggin noise after 1000 miles.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5