Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    To think i had already convinced myself i really didn't need another bike after i was able to get through xmas without purchasing one. I think you now have me leaning back towards getting another bike and preferably the LES, which was my original intention if i was able to locate one in one of the LBS over the holidays.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    well done liv2ryd, thanks for the write up. sounds like we share the same interests in ride quality and expectations from our SSs. I'm pondering selling off the ridgeline and moving everything over to a Les by early summer. enjoy

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Purchased a Pivot Les with the XT/XTR build, converted to SS. I am using the geared parts to update another bike. The SS build is XT brakes and crankset, Stan's Crest wheels (tubeless) and Eggbeater 3s and the FSA bars, stem and post that came with the build. Bike came in at 20.04 lbs. It can easily get a pound lighter. Love the dropout adjustments and the CTD Fox fork. Only one ride to date, so it will be a few before I can comment on the ride. The first one felt pretty nice.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Anyone want to update w/ further impressions?
    I'm in the market for a new SS for race season and have been set on another carbon SS, but so tempted by these! I wish I could demo one instead of just comparing angles and numbers to bikes I'm already familiar with.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    I probably have about 10 hours on Pivet less now, absolutely love the bike. I have been riding and racing an Air Nine carbon SS for a couple of years. The Air Nine is a great frame but I was done with the creaking EBB and having to change my seat postion everytime I changed gearing. So far no issues with the Pivot sliding drop outs. The pivot seems to be a little kinder on the body, not sure if it is the Pivot frame or the seat post, maybe the combo of the two. Hope this helps with your decision.

mtbr member
    May 2008

Pivot LES - Reviews?

Here is the Cousin to the Pivot Les. I got it built up last night. I'm still waiting on a set of I9 wheels but other than that it is complete. Still have some brake lines to shorten too. If it would ever stop raining around here I might get to ride it.
    Pivot LES - Reviews?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1361750769.977669.jpg

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    I am also waiting for one in the next batch (hopefully). I canít wait to build it up as a race singlespeed.

Nice to hear the positive feedback so far.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jc280 View Post
    Here is the Cousin to the Pivot Les. I got it built up last night. I'm still waiting on a set of I9 wheels but other than that it is complete. Still have some brake lines to shorten too. If it would ever stop raining around here I might get to ride it.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361750769.977669.jpg 
Views:	1588 
Size:	129.3 KB 
ID:	775137
    It helps so much when you post a picture to include your frame size.
    So, what fame is that ? and size?
    Thanks!

mtbr member
    May 2008

Pivot LES - Reviews?

The bike is a large. Here is a link to the specs if interested. 2013 BH Ultimate 29er

mtbr member
    May 2008

Pivot LES - Reviews?

Sorry. The frame is a BH Ultimate 29er. It looks very similar to the Pivot Les. The BH does not have the SS drop outs like the Pivot.

mtbr member
    Anyone know the rear tire clearance? Can a 2.4 fit? Thanks!

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    DANG these look sweet. The orange alone almost made me buy one. Good thing the demo fleet does not have an XL yet or my wife would be very angry with me.

Pivot seems to be doing lots of great things - hope they can keep the vision and put out fantastic bikes for years to come.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by LIV2RYD View Post
    Here are some pics and 1st ride impression. Its real cold and snowy right now in Mass so I decided to give my knees a break and set the bike up geared last night. It weighs out at 21.5 lbs with my winter rims and tires and 1x9 setup. Having been on a Superfly SS for the past 3 years, I was excited when I first read about the Les because it's geometry matches the Superfly with the notable difference of shorter chainstays and a longer toptube. Let me start by saying that Pivot has absolutely nailed the geometry on the Les. The bike feels more trail bike up front and more race bike out back. Acceleration is impressive, it feels like the bike gets up to speed a bit quicker than my 'fly. Whats interesting is even though the wheelbase is shorter, it rails turns with more authority. Ride quality is very refined, stiff in the BB and headube area but the rear chainstays are tuned to level the chatter in the trail. You stay more connected to the trail on the Les, my 'fly was stiff but a bit harsher out back. BTW, the Syntace P6 Hiflex post is a work of art and helps dampen the ride to a very comfortable level for a hardtail. Its only one ride but it took me a couple of miles to find my groove on this bike and by the 10 mile mark it felt just like home, I believe this is a true sign of a dialed bike. Very little was needed to tweak the cockpit in. I can't wait for the weather to improve so i can turn it loose as a SS.
    Just curious, are you running a standard offset or a G2 fork on the Pivot?

RIDE TO LIVE
    Std offset

mtbr member
    May 2013
    New to the forum but her is my Pivot les it is a large XX1 build and will have the World Cup xx fork in it Monday when it comes in the xx is a loaner. Biked weighed 20.10 pounds
    I will take a few more photos and post them up Monday night.

mtbr member
    May 2008

Pivot LES - Reviews?

Quote Originally Posted by Tberry View Post
    New to the forum but her is my Pivot les it is a large XX1 build and will have the World Cup xx fork in it Monday when it comes in the xx is a loaner. Biked weighed 20.10 pounds

Nice bike Tberry!

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jc280 View Post
    Nice bike Tberry!
    Thanks,
    If you are who I think you are it was great riding with you Friday.

mtbr member
    May 2008

Pivot LES - Reviews?

Thanks,
    If you are who I think you are it was great riding with you Friday.
    Yep! Enjoyed it.

mtbr member
    Any SS builds? Interested on how the dropouts worked

mtbr member
    Just finished a build with the SS kit. Have not ridden it yet on trails and won't for a while as I am out of town for a bit. But it built up w/o a hitch and they seem solid. Actually it is a pretty nice setup with the covers for the der. mount and the cable hole covers etc... Only thing I do not like is that to run geared you need a 142 x 12 axle and to run SS you need a Std. 135mm QR. No big deal to pop off the end caps on my DT240's but it would be nice to make them both the same.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Demoed a Les a few weeks back and the most striking feeling I had was that I felt right at home on it. My personal bike is a Mach 5.7c (medium) and the Les (medium) felt very comfortable. I rode on less technical terrain than I normally would (fireroads with some tech thrown in), but it seemed to handle the technical bits very well. I haven't demoed any other modern hard tails, but if I was adding one to my quiver I wouldn't hesitate from buying the Les.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008

Nice !
    How does the frame fit you ?
    I'm 6'-2" and always been on XL frames but not sure about a 29er.
    I'd love to go from my 31 lb bike to a 21 lb rocket like that !

mtbr member
    May 2008

Pivot LES - Reviews?

Quote Originally Posted by rideeatrepeat View Post
    Nice !
    How does the frame fit you ?
    I'm 6'-2" and always been on XL frames but not sure about a 29er.
    I'd love to go from my 31 lb bike to a 21 lb rocket like that !
    I'm 6'2" also and I'm riding a large BH Ultimate 29er. It's a perfect fit for me. The BH is the cousin to the LES so geometry is very close.

mtbr member

100 miles on my Les

I now have put about 100 miles on my Les, all in Florida and all single speed. Compared to my SC Highball it is a bit more comfortable (seatposts are different and might be part of it). Geometry fits me better as well. Bike is easier to loft front wheel and steering seems a little slower but front end stay planted very well. Overall I am very happy with the bike and am glad I bought it. I am going to ship it out to Oregon for a summer trip and may convert back to gears for that. I have a XX1 crank so that I can easily switch out rear SS set up for a XX1 setup which is one of the main reason I selected the Les. Overall a very nice ride.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pivot LES - Reviews?-pivot-les-lo-res.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    New to the forum too. Here's my new Pivot Les. Medium weighs 21.5lbs with XX1 & XTR pedals. Got 20 miles in this morning for the first ride and the bike is a lot of fun. Fast and compliant; won't be missing my Epic that I traded in on this.

Pivot LES - Reviews?-dsc00824.jpg
    Pivot LES - Reviews?-dsc00820.jpg

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast