Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Pivot-Fest!!

mtbr member
    Pivot-Fest!!-image.jpgIm here now, checking out campsites. Here with a few guys riding Razors and Jeeps, wishing my M6 was here!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pivot-Fest!!-image.jpg  

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by turfnsurf View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	205.3 KB 
ID:	891064Im here now, checking out campsites. Here with a few guys riding Razors and Jeeps, wishing my M6 was here!
    Have a great time!

I have G13 - G6 on hold for us. They also offered us site over in the "T" area. That would be more isolated so we could cut loose, but also further from the facilities.

If you have time to check out the "T" area I'd be interested to hear your thoughts. I've never camped over there when staying in Moab.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by vikb View Post
    Have a great time!

I have G13 - G6 on hold for us. They also offered us site over in the "T" area. That would be more isolated so we could cut loose, but also further from the facilities.

If you have time to check out the "T" area I'd be interested to hear your thoughts. I've never camped over there when staying in Moab.
    They booked me into site G12. Sorry Vik, I didn't see your post until just outside of Moab! I glanced down towards the "T" area & it looks nice, the staff make it sound awesome, the only downside being portable toilets compared to fully plumbed facilities. But it would be just a short pedal or drive to the bathrooms and showers.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by turfnsurf View Post
    They booked me into site G12. Sorry Vik, I didn't see your post until just outside of Moab! I glanced down towards the "T" area & it looks nice, the staff make it sound awesome, the only downside being portable toilets compared to fully plumbed facilities. But it would be just a short pedal or drive to the bathrooms and showers.
    No worries. Let's roll with our initial plan. Access to store/pool/shower/toilets will be nice as well as solid WiFi.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    Out of the 6 tent sites I asked the campground to reserve 3 are booked and I'm pretty sure another one will get booked shortly.

Looks like we'll have a solid group to ride with.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Good!! The more the merrier. I'm going to need somebody hanging out in the back with me

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by k2rider1964 View Post
    Good!! The more the merrier. I'm going to need somebody hanging out in the back with me
    We've already got some solid, but not crazy speedy riders that are coming. You won't be alone.

We'll stop and session interesting sections so that the fast folks can get their fill and the slower folks can get a breather. While keeping the group together.
    Last edited by vikb; 05-11-2014 at 05:40 PM.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    No way I need to get my Strava times posted! ;-)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Salespunk View Post
    No way I need to get my Strava times posted! ;-)
    We won't hold you back so you can get your KOMs.

Although you need to be aware of the rule that the first person finished the trail buys the first round of beers.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

Cynical Chump
    Gotta get on the subscribe list for this one! I already went to Hurricane/Moab/Fruita a few weeks ago, but I did not get enough. My time off from work is allocated for the rest of the year, but I'm considering a change that would free up a lot of time. Would love to be a part of this!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveBro View Post
    Gotta get on the subscribe list for this one! I already went to Hurricane/Moab/Fruita a few weeks ago, but I did not get enough. My time off from work is allocated for the rest of the year, but I'm considering a change that would free up a lot of time. Would love to be a part of this!
    Do it!
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    Oh this sucks...Just looked at the CA Enduro Series race schedule and realized the season finale (in my backyard - Soquel Demonstration Forest, aka Demo) is on the same weekend as the Inaugural Pivot-Fest! I'm going to have to pass up the fest this year, I'll be calling Canyonland Campground to release my site (G-12.) Bummed, sorry to miss. If you get a chance hit Amassa - Rockstacker & Jackson. Super fun, ledgy & technical

Paterfamilias
    Feb 2006
    You should call it PIVOT Palooza!
    "The face of a child can say it all, especially the mouth part of the face".
    Jack Handy

mtbr member
    Everything is still a go if you want to ride Moab Oct 11-16/17. We'll be at the Canyonland Campground.

Given the relative lack of interest from Pivoteers we've got folks of all stripes coming so if you don't have a Pivot feel free to come.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    Ok just put in the request at work looks like Sunday to Thursday for me. Now to look for flights into Moab. Looks like I can just build my bike up and ride down 191 18 miles.

I did Moab and Fruita a few years ago on a hard-tail with a ex girlfriend who sucked at biking so i need redemption. I love Fruita, Moab was not what I thought it would be. I guess I favor that canopy forest riding.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 5power View Post
    I did Moab and Fruita a few years ago on a hard-tail with a ex girlfriend who sucked at biking so i need redemption.
    I've never had a bad time in Moab. The people that I know who are coming are solid riders and fun to hang with.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3