mtbr member
    Nov 2011

Which Pivot to demo???

The Pivot Demo team will be in my area tomorrow and was wondering which Pivot to demo. I've been to alot of demo's (and subsequently bought my current bike because of a demo bike) so I know the "hot" bikes will have a waiting list and I'll only get to try one.

So will it be the new Mach 4 carbon or the Mach 6? I'm really torn on this and hoping some of you out there who have ridden these can help out.

I ride the local single track which isn't too crazy but has some technical and fast flowly sections. I ride Brown Co Park in IN a lot and that's the best comparison to what I ride. My current mtn bike is a Santa Cruz Superlight.

mtbr member
    If you want a fast trail bike then the M4. The bike does have limits though so it depends on how far you want to push. M6 will not be quite as quick on the climbs more based on the build rather than the actual climbing differences. It will be significantly more capable on the descents and you will not be limited in the long run. I am sure people will point out that there have been some pros winning on 100 mm bikes, but the difference in their abilities vs the rest of us is significant.

My choice is the M6 and have no interest in the M4, but we have a lot of rock and chunk around here.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Mach 4 27.5
    Mach 6
    Mach 5.7 with 27.5

mtbr member

Which Pivot to demo???

Just a heads up, last weekend Pivot and Santa Cruz were in town and I was disappointed with the ride quality of the mach 6 demo, that bike was in desperate need of a tune, brake levers reaching handlebars, dropper with play, shifters too stiff for fast shifting, squeaking like hell!

I couldn't believe Pivot would let people demo their bikes in those conditions!

SC bikes on the other hand were very well taken care of...

mtbr member
    Aug 2011

Which Pivot to demo???

Bradym77, were you able to demo the m4c? Impressions?