zep
    mtbr member

Pivot 429 alloy 1st gen / 2nd gen suspension comparison?

Beg pardon, if this has been asked prior...is so, my search chops have atrophied. Blah.

Can anyone with time on both the 1st Gen and 2nd Gen alloy 429 comment on any difference in the rear suspension ride quality? Seems that pivot changed the rate curve, did this alter the ride quality in any material way?

I have considerable saddle time on the 1st Gen 429, and am considering a 2012 alloy frame. Any replies are much appreciated.
    Get some miles in--we've got weather coming.

change is good
    Sep 2004

Sold my 1st gen, ultimately regretted doing so, now back on a 2nd gen. The 1st gen was a little more "efficient" with the ride quality of a sports car which I liked. When the shock was due for a rebuild I had PUSH tune it. The ride continued to be efficient but was also more supple. The current gen continues to have a similar quality of my PUSHed 1st gen. With the CDT shock you can tune your ride any way you want it.

change is good
    Sep 2004

Sold my 1st gen, ultimately regretted doing so, now back on a 2nd gen. The 1st gen was a little more "efficient" with the ride quality of a sports car which I liked. When the shock was due for a rebuild I had PUSH tune it. The ride continued to be efficient but was also more supple. The current gen continues to have a similar quality of my PUSHed 1st gen. With the CDT shock you can tune your ride any way you want it.