Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Pivot 29ers, what's the future?

2K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  snowdrifter 
#1 ·
Will Pivot produce a 29er Trail Bike?

I for one would like to see the travel to 4.7", Fox34, raise the BB to 13", 69ish* headangle.

It's about time, NO? the 429 is XC, let's get the do it all 29er please.

#6 ·
I guess I'd still like to see something a little wilder though.
I wouldnt hold my breath, Pivot seems pretty set on sticking to tried and true rather than going out on a limb with new ideas. Heck it took them almost 2 years to put a thru-axle on the FB and they are adamant about their guidelines when it comes to bike builds, no 160mm fork on the 5.7.

Don't get me wrong Im not bashing the company or complaining, just saying they stick to what works and dont seem to deviate away from that much with exotic design ideas.

#11 ·
I am sure I am in the minority, but I would love to see a hardtail 29er in the lineup. There is a lot about my Mach 4 that I like besides the DW-Link. If Pivot came out with something I would be inline. In all honesty I am waiting to see how BH's offerings look once they hit the states as it is.

#15 ·
If I didn't already have a 429 and needed a 29er, I'd buy the 2012 429 in a heartbeat over anything else out there. I don't see the need for carbon on a FS bike, but eventually most will be made of carbon and I suppose Pivot will have to go there across the line to stay competitive.

I don't need any more travel on the 429, but I suppose there's a market for longer-travel 29ers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.