Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pivot=Pheonix?

mtbr member
    Aug 2008

Pivot=Pheonix?

So looking over my new Mach5, I noticed an emblem of a phoenix on the bottom of the downtube by the BB. What's up with the bird? I can understand it being on the Firebird or Phoenix, but why the Mach5?

banned

This really is going to not help you, but it was there.

Quote Originally Posted by the-one1
    So looking over my new Mach5, I noticed an emblem of a phoenix on the bottom of the downtube by the BB. What's up with the bird? I can understand it being on the Firebird or Phoenix, but why the Mach5?
    A 'phoenix' (a logo on a bike) is a 'mythical bird' (lives in a world of some kinda crappy Bikes & Companies) that is a 'fire spirit' (loves bikes) with a 'colorful plumage' (always with a good word) and a tail of 'gold' (Gold) and 'scarlet' (loves the Ladies... ) (or purple, blue, and green according to some legends) (copy that). It has a '500 to 1000 year life-cycle' (Could be future, key selling point), near the end of which it builds itself a nest of twigs (supports the environment by helping w/ trail-builds) that then 'ignites' ( ripping trail builds...); 'both nest and bird burn fiercely' ( 'ol Spaceship Earth and its Nuclear Sun) and are reduced to 'ashes' (Pheonix actually have an internal love for quickly interjected 'ashes' when the word 'Aces' is more appropriate. It is quite comical when done just right...), from which 'a new, young phoenix' (Traditionalist) or 'phoenix egg' (just as desirable) arises, reborn anew to 'live again' (ride to live). The new phoenix is destined to live as long as its old self. In some stories, the new phoenix embalms the ashes of its old self in an egg made of myrrh and deposits it in the Egyptian city of Heliopolis (literally "sun-city" in Greek) (Extensive Traveller). It is said that the bird's cry is that of a beautiful song. The Phoenix's ability to be reborn from its own ashes implies that it is immortal, though in some stories the new Phoenix is merely the offspring of the older one. In very few stories they are able to change into people (that'd be quite the cool trick-- I'll take a Dark Haired & Dark-Eyed Latina who loves to share a Good Time).

Really I have no Idea what you are talking about. You can't grasp the simple symbolism of the enigmatic Phoenix, relating to the enjoyment of our Sport?

banned
    Let's continue this look at this though. I ride an Iron Horse 6POINT. Quick glance at the bike from the start has claims its badging is as just Maranello's Ferrari does. Nothing at all respective to the name, which was just tossed around as a descriptive-type-thing regarding a bicycle in the 70's and 80's.
    Iron Horse first was a name loosely assigned to the Train. The 'iron horse' only referred to length of a Train. While the Mule is a better and more sure-footed travelling companion for heavy burden.
    Yet, there is a Horse on its rear legs on Iron Horse and my bike... the locals would draw a Hot Dog between its legs on the Shoppe banner.

dog
    sit! stay!
    ... that or the company is pretty much located in Pheonix, AZ (despite their Tempe address)
    i need to develop my crashing skills...

banned
    That was the obvious!

Pivotal figure
    The bird is our logo, it's on all the bikes
    Desert Sunset Calls/Upward, Pain, Perseverance/Welcome Solitude

Nothing can stop me now
    Dec 2006
    I think there is the subtle symbolism of CCs journey with Titus, out of Titus and then rising again with Pivot. The phoenix is the bird that rises from the ashes if my mythology is correct.

Bob

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Uncle Jemima: Dude, I know what a phoenix is, I was wondering what it meant to the Pivot brand.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    probably makes as much sense as Titus's logo...

...wait

banned
    Uncle Jemima: Dude, I know what a phoenix is, I was wondering what it meant to the Pivot brand.
    Really... and you are still???

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Jemima
    Really... and you are still???
    What's your problem?
    Its a legitimate question. Kind of like why Lamborghini has a Bull emblem or Porsche/Ferrari has a horse or why Titus has a rising star.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    What's your problem?
    Its a legitimate question. Kind of like why Lamborghini has a Bull emblem or Porsche/Ferrari has a horse or why Titus has a rising star.
    Titus logo - AZ Flag
    Ferrari - WW1 aircraft "roundel art"
    Porsche - Coat of arms for HQ City.
    Lambroghini - Ferruccio Lamborghini fascination with bullfighting

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    bobdole: Now that's what I'm talking about. Each has a meaning for the company.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    bobdole: Now that's what I'm talking about. Each has a meaning for the company.

Also, check the city of Phoenix logo for correlation to pivot.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdole
    Also, check the city of Phoenix logo for correlation to pivot.
    I just went and bought Skechers.

banned
    What's your problem?
    Maybe your Bow-Tie is a camara even if you never find what you are looking for.

banned
    ...Ferrari - WW1 aircraft "roundel art"...
    All of these excepting Titus began by building agriculture equiptment. Farm Tractors, but it is BMW w/ the twin Roundel, not Ferrari.

Paterfamilias
    Feb 2006
    We work in Tempe, but most of us live in Phoenix.
    The Bird Logo has been our emblem from the get go.
    It just so happens that we named a bike synonymous to this mythical bird, and then named another bike the same name etc. Trust me, I thought it would be easy to name things, it isn't...

Uncle, just remember sarcasm can be hurtful and misunderstood here in electronic form. Please remember to use more emotcons with thumbs up, big smiley faces and the such...
    "The face of a child can say it all, especially the mouth part of the face".
    Jack Handy

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dan23
    Uncle, just remember sarcasm can be hurtful and misunderstood here in electronic form. Please remember to use more emotcons with thumbs up, big smiley faces and the such...

Mad-Scientist probably not going to be a good-start then huh? ...kidding...

Paterfamilias
    Feb 2006

Mad-Scientist probably not going to be a good-start then huh? ...kidding...
    That's a good one, I haven't seen it before. I like the big smiley face for whatever reason -
    The thumbs up get's old, but is always good for the right comment.

are my current favorites
    "The face of a child can say it all, especially the mouth part of the face".
    Jack Handy

Pivotal figure
    I prefer ciappa (you know what it looks like! )
    Desert Sunset Calls/Upward, Pain, Perseverance/Welcome Solitude

mtbr member
    Ferrari - WW1 aircraft "roundel art"
    Well, not the roundel... that's the country markings of an airplane:
    Current US roundel

British RAF roundel:

The prancing horse was what we call today, "nose art", though in WW I, it was painted on the fuselage aft of the wings from the pictures I saw.

(and Uncle... the BMW one has nothing to do with aviation!!)
    www.teamnavycycling.org
    10 Pivot Mach 429
    09 Felt Nine Race
    03 Litespeed Tuscany

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by skiahh
    (and Uncle... the BMW one has nothing to do with aviation!!)
    Yes, it does still. As BMW was a maker of Aircraft piston-driven engines in the early 1900's, the 4 Segments on what they call the 'Roundel'-- 2 opposed 'blue' and 2 opposed 'gloss-white', are of an Air Propeller.

Corporate Colors are Blue and White, core will have no color however.

mtbr member
    Yes, it does still. As BMW was a maker of Aircraft piston-driven engines in the early 1900's, the 4 Segments on what they call the 'Roundel'-- 2 opposed 'blue' and 2 opposed 'gloss-white', are of an Air Propeller.

Corporate Colors are Blue and White, core will have no color however.
    http://wheels.blogs.nytimes.com/2010...n-from-planes/

http://blogs.insideline.com/straight...ropellers.html

and finally:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znBnN...embedded#at=97
    www.teamnavycycling.org
    10 Pivot Mach 429
    09 Felt Nine Race
    03 Litespeed Tuscany

banned
    I'd been told of that w/ the family recipe Bavarian Cheesecake! Whatever -- it is a general-patent Logo, but I think the emphasis whould be the colors can and do reflect motion (the prop) as opposed to territory. I do love Cheesecake though...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast