mtbr member

Which Pike for Mach 6?

I've been very underwhelmed with performance of my 34. Which Pike and 150 or 160 are you guys running?

mtbr member
    I'm running a 160mm....wouldn't want a 150mm. Handling and travel are great. Best climbing bike [steep techy rough terrain] I've owned.
    Last edited by vikb; 05-12-2014 at 06:27 AM.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    160 for me as well and no interest in a 150.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    I put the 150 on mine and like it a lot. Won't make a big difference, but seat tube angle, head tube angle, and wheelbase were already slack enough for me at the stock 150mm. I also like a lower BB height as well. I do bottom out the Pike on most rides a few times, but never harshly where I have wanted for more travel. Good thing about the Pike is that it is easy enough to change the travel and try both!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tadmcmichael View Post
    I put the 150 on mine and like it a lot. Won't make a big difference, but seat tube angle, head tube angle, and wheelbase were already slack enough for me at the stock 150mm. I also like a lower BB height as well. I do bottom out the Pike on most rides a few times, but never harshly where I have wanted for more travel. Good thing about the Pike is that it is easy enough to change the travel and try both!
    If you are bottoming out on the Pike you can add tokens to ramp up the air spring at the end of the fork's travel.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    The stock setup seems just right for me between 25 to 30% sag and 165 pounds. I may experiment with tokens at some point, but I like the curve it has now. Much better than my old fox where I had a hard time using all of my travel with an appropriate amount of sag.

mtbr member
    Depends on what/where you're riding.

I'm running a 150 here in socal and it's been good.

mtbr member
    After sagging the A to C difference between a 150mm and 160mm fork is only 7mm-8mm.

The Pike is also convertible between those options without breaking the bank should you change your mind.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    I thought the Fox wouldn't be too bad and that it was getting unfair treatment but after about 10 rides it never felt quite right even after many adjustments. I got a pike 160 and within the first 1/2 mile of riding on it I couldn't believe how much better it was. Also my bike weight went from 28lb even to 27lb 5oz!!!! Go with the 160

mtbr member
    May 2006
    We have been building them with 160 as well.
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

mtbr member
    Sounds good to me. I've got about ten long rides on my fox and it still feels like it's new. Even took 20lbs of air out and feels the same. I've always been a fox guy but looks like it's time for a change.

mtbr member
    Second ride on my my new RTC 3 160mm yesterday. Love this thing so plush running 60 psi to get 30% sag didn't bottom out once

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Anyone try the dual air pike?

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Big boss man View Post
    Anyone try the dual air pike?
    Its not dual air, its dual position.
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.