mtbr member

Pathetic Newbie 429 propedal question

I have a 2009 429 with RP23. What way is the propedal switch supposed to be to know whether it is on or off? I keep getting conflicting info in my searches. I really cant feel the difference. I am a big dude, 290lbs and have a good amount of pressure in the shock. If I am on the bike and reach down with my hand and flip the switch towards my drivetrain, is that off or on?

Jamin, Applesause, No?
    When you are sitting on the bike and the lever is flipped towards your left leg then it is off. If it is flipped toward your right leg the the propedal is on. Keep it flipped to the left and you will be happiest. No need for propedal. Play around with the red knob and the air pressure as it will take several rides and then some to discover what your favorite set-up is. This goes for the front fork to, play around with the settings.

Bike Addiction
    Senor is prolly right but just in case the shock is turned different on your 429. On my Rp23 the PP is on when the lever is pointed towards the air valve side of the shock. I can feel a little resistance when I push the lever into PP but when I push it to the open position the lever just jumps or pops open with no resistance.
    +1 on the red knob. Took me about 10 rides to figure out where it rode best but I'm slow, consistantly slow.
    Disclaimer: Always get a second opinion cause I'm just guessing

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    If you reach down while riding and point the lever to the left, PP is off. When the compression tune is so low, it is much harder to feel the difference, though I still can.

Black Lion

a simple method.

Generally speaking if the blue lever is to the non drive, that is Propedal OFF.

Sometimes this can be reversed. Pop the shock to prop pedal 3, lightly compress the rear shock with the lever in the 2 settings. It should be easy to tell which is on and off when in PP3.

Greg
    Voltron