dog
    sit! stay!

OTF adjustable seatposts...

which on-the-fly adjustable seatposts do y'all use or like?...
    i need to develop my crashing skills...

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I've got the joplin, pretty cool when it works. After a year I had to send it in to CB because it started leaking oil, getting squishy in the top part of the travel and not going all the way to the bottom either. I refilled the oil myself and it fixed it, but after a few rides it was back the way it was, bad seal I guess. It may have been damaged by lazy mechanics putting it into the workstand though... while you can clamp it in there on the lower part, if it slips down it seems like it could cause a seal problem. Its being fixed under warrantee.

I've got my eye on the syntace hsk-200, which is just a prototype now. Looks very cool though, remote adjustment of top seat position, 200mm of travel (CB has 75mm), and hydraulic actuation. Not all that excited about trimming and bleeding another hydraulic line, but maybe they have their reasons. There's also rumors that a 5 in gravity dropper will be out soon. I'm interested in the RASE post too, but I haven't seen very many reviews of it so I'm holding off.

www.derbyrims.com
    Over 1.5 years on my AMP 1/4" drop post. They also make 1/3" and 1/5" and would custom the short drop anywhere. It still has very minimal play and works like silk up and down after 2 muddy winters. I'm 200 lbs and normally wear out stuff in a year or two and have only broke one small seat mount part after a year at home while adjusting my seat position. Greg answered my email on a Sunday and shipped 2 replacements (one spare to carry in my pack) on Monday, free of charge even though I may have over tightened the mount and may have caused the fatigue failure myself.

I've demoed the KS and prefer the fixed 1 inch drop and easier action the AMP has.

mtbr member
    I have a Joplin. It came on the Giant Regin X0 that i bought to use as a parts bike for my Firebird build. Since putting the FB together the only time i've used the Joplin is to show people in the carpark what it does. It sounded like a good idea at the time but i just don't find it to be useful at all out on the trails. When it breaks i'll replace it with a Thomson i think.

mtbr member

If you're not using it.....

Quote Originally Posted by crank1979@optusnet.com.au
    I have a Joplin. It came on the Giant Regin X0 that i bought to use as a parts bike for my Firebird build. Since putting the FB together the only time i've used the Joplin is to show people in the carpark what it does. It sounded like a good idea at the time but i just don't find it to be useful at all out on the trails. When it breaks i'll replace it with a Thomson i think.
    Why wait till it breaks and have no value. Sell it and put the thomson on. Make more sense

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by YaMon
    Why wait till it breaks and have no value. Sell it and put the thomson on. Make more sense
    Just in case i find a use for it.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Mine just got back from warrantee today. Seems to work fine, we'll see how it is after a few rides. They also threw in some new clamps, which have a little more beef, and a little better anodizing.
    Attached Images Attached Images