dog
    sit! stay!

OTF adjustable seat post...

my FB got itself an adjustable seat post... prolly cause it was a little tired of my lousy skills... anyway, the only downside so far is the extra weight...

otherwise i really like being able to just push a level to raise and lower my seat post in the rolly terrain i ride in...

i'll post up more later after i've used it for a while...

i need to develop my crashing skills...

Ride Fast & Have Fun!
    Aug 2006

Awesome Investment!!

That Turbo Dropper makes riding so much more fun and easier!!! I run that post on my Turner RFX and love it!! No more stopping to raise your post for climbs or more more importantly dropping it for the fun descents!!! Enjoy!!!

I do what I want
    I run one on any bike I own, its Da'Bomb, just wish Gravity Dropper made a 5" version.

I know others do, but I like GD, so I'll stick with them.

dog
    sit! stay!
    ... Well... my initial impressions are that it does exactly what you'd expect it to do... don't know if this thing is worth it to those who ride straight up the mountain (with no downhill) and then head down (all downhill)... i.e. you who only need to adjust your post once per ride... but for me in my rolling terrain it's almost like shifting gears... now whenever i come up on a jump, a gap, or a pump track... i just push the lever... very cool

except... well... it did make me realize that my technique for manualing to get over logs and rocks and such... well... was really bad... seems i was pushing on my saddle with my arse to lift my front wheel... very bad technique... didn't even realize i was doing that... so this seatpost is forcing me to learn to do it proper-like...

so, i guess that's a good thing...
    i need to develop my crashing skills...

Pixie Dust Addict
    Aug 2004
    At Interbike, I was told that they're coming out with a 30.9mm, 5" drop version. I was told January, but I'll take the over on that one.

mtbr member
    When I saw adj posts coming to market, I thought kind of gimmicky, kind of cool though. Pricepoint used to sell a sette 850 post for $40 so I Thought I would try it out for that kind of coin. I used that thing all the time when out riding and was so bummed when it broke.

I recently put a KS i900R on my FB and I love it. It's the 5" model and has more than enough travel for me.

It did add some weight, like you said about your GD, but totally worth it IMO. I always get hung up on my seat when it's up high when I need/want to get into manuals or hop up over stuff, so it's nice to have it out of the way. Plus it's cool to climb up, drop it and just continue down stuff w/o stopping.

I do what I want
    Quote Originally Posted by 2TurnersNotEnough
    At Interbike, I was told that they're coming out with a 30.9mm, 5" drop version. I was told January, but I'll take the over on that one.
    Gravity Dropper??? Oh good news if this is indeed the case!!! YAY

too late to die young now
    I put a new Specialized Command Post on my 'bird over the holidaze ... lovin it so far!
    it was becoming a hassle jumping on/off the bike to get the right seat height for the climb or descent. not to mention the wear on my seat tube, post and clamp.
    I still think they are a bit pricey - and I'm very hard on seatposts, they all seem to snap within a season for me ... so I'll hold off on too much praise while I give it the test of time
    \sigma_T\sigma_x \geq \tfrac{\hbar}{2m} \left|\left\langle p_x\right\rangle\right|.