• 04-14-2011
    kenbentit
    Lots of time went into that bike :)
  • 04-14-2011
    Guy.Ford
    Quote:

Originally Posted by kenbentit
    Lots of time went into that bike :)

details?? Damn those chainstays look short, dont think you guys couldve gotten that tire any closer without mounting it in the front triangle somewhere, jeez!

Im sure Evils going to want one, you know that right?
  • 04-14-2011
    dog
    will this be a production frame?
  • 04-14-2011
    kenbentit
    We were going for as short as possible with the rear triangle, gotta be nimble!. Evil has to get that shoulder back in operation first but I know he'll be champing at the bit to get on one :yesnod: Haven't heard an official word on if/when this will be a production bike yet. We literally finished building these proto's this week so we're still catching our breath a bit :p
  • 04-14-2011
    Guy.Ford
    bigger pic
    http://seaotter.mtbr.com/wp-content/...414-022726.jpg

Why why why the HELL does a 4x bike get what looks like a thru axle and the Firebird is still a QR?? C'MON!!!
  • 04-15-2011
    gticlay
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Guy.Ford
    bigger pic
    http://seaotter.mtbr.com/wp-content/...414-022726.jpg

Why why why the HELL does a 4x bike get what looks like a thru axle and the Firebird is still a QR?? C'MON!!!

More than a lil flusterating.
  • 04-15-2011
    Senor StrongBad
    When is that color Scheme coming on the Mach 5.7?
  • 04-15-2011
    kidwoo
    Quote:

Originally Posted by kenbentit
    Haven't heard an official word on if/when this will be a production bike yet. We literally finished building these proto's this week so we're still catching our breath a bit :p

Just want to point out that specialized sells out of SX frames every fall, transition doubles are more popular every year, corsair sold a good number of Konigs last year that I saw......etc etc......

If pivot decides to do a small run, I know a few guys including myself who would be very interested in one. There are a few things that I don't like about my SX frame that I suspect this one would adress.

If strait wins a race at the otter on that thing, better get ready for the phone to start ringing off the hook :D Just based on the pics, that looks like a really well done bike.
  • 04-15-2011
    Endomaniac
    A DW bike can look so clean when you dont care about the front derailure.
    I have a couple of friends that ride SX's as trail bikes and one friend that still rides a blurr 4x for a trail bike. I think you would sell a fair number of these.
  • 04-15-2011
    Err
    Oh very nice. I've owned a few 4x style fullies and have a latest generation Tazer-VP in the stable right now. Would definitely be interested in one of these. Recently more and more SX, Doubles, Rampants, Killswitches, and Tazer-VP's have been showing up at our local jump spot. The word is out, 3-4" jump bikes are a blast!
  • 04-15-2011
    gticlay
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Endomaniac
    A DW bike can look so clean when you dont care about the front derailure.
    I have a couple of friends that ride SX's as trail bikes and one friend that still rides a blurr 4x for a trail bike. I think you would sell a fair number of these.

The ones with elevated chainstays don't look half bad either.
  • 04-15-2011
    kenbentit
    Yeah these are the kind of bikes that really get my attention. Just something about it that really appeals to me :yesnod:
  • 04-15-2011
    kidwoo
    Pivot could also be the only dw/quad link 4x bike on the market...a market where hard pedaling/sprinting is quite important.....just sayin.

I guess there's one more but this one could easily be stiffer.

doooo iiittttt

:D
  • 04-16-2011
    kenbentit
  • 04-18-2011
    dog
    Pro Dual Slalom
    Pro Men

1 1 Graves Jared 29 Golden CO 119545 Yeti Fox Factory Team
    2 2 Lopes Brain 40 Laguan Beach CA 21573 Oakley / Ibis / Marzocchi
    3 6 Hart Danny 20 Redcar GBR19910920 Giant Factory Off-Road Team
    4 5 Atkinson Bryn Ferndale WA 120462 Transition Racing
    5 3 Strait Kyle 24 Huntington Beach CA 143063 Pivot/ODI/Oakley/SDG/ Mavic/ TLD

so... do was this good enough for the rest of us to get the frame? seems pretty good to me:thumbsup:
  • 04-18-2011
    kenbentit
    Don't forget his 15th place in the DH, on the same bike! :)
  • 04-18-2011
    kidwoo
    Is it just me or did strait run this bike in the dh too? I saw some pics with a similar paintjob but it may have been a firebird.
  • 04-18-2011
    kenbentit
    He did some practice runs on his new Phoenix but decided to race the M4X (same as Jared Graves). Well, not exactly the same since Jared rides for Yeti :p
  • 04-19-2011
    dog
    great! then we can expect preliminary production shop drawings and specs for our (customer) review by, say, mid-July at the latest? We could get our comments back in a week or two, i'm sure... (This would all be part of Dan23's new customer input initiative that he started :smilewinkgrin: )

... OK... maybe not...
  • 04-19-2011
    kenbentit
    I think this one is gonna rely a bit more on Kyle's input :yesnod:
  • 04-19-2011
    Guy.Ford
    Quote:

Originally Posted by dog
    Pro Dual Slalom
    Pro Men

1 1 Graves Jared 29 Golden CO 119545 Yeti Fox Factory Team
    2 2 Lopes Brain 40 Laguan Beach CA 21573 Oakley / Ibis / Marzocchi
    3 6 Hart Danny 20 Redcar GBR19910920 Giant Factory Off-Road Team
    4 5 Atkinson Bryn Ferndale WA 120462 Transition Racing
    5 3 Strait Kyle 24 Huntington Beach CA 143063 Pivot/ODI/Oakley/SDG/ Mavic/ TLD

so... do was this good enough for the rest of us to get the frame? seems pretty good to me:thumbsup:

WOW he couldnt beat Bryn or Lopes, what a slacker!!!! He's must be getting slow in his old age. Bwahahaha
  • 04-20-2011
    dog
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Guy.Ford
    WOW he couldnt beat Bryn or Lopes, what a slacker!!!! He's must be getting slow in his old age. Bwahahaha

crickey... i'm 2X his age... :p maybe that's why i'm so slow and untalented:smilewinkgrin: ... come to think of it i've always been that way :madman: