Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Pivotal figure
    Just more info, mainly the promo video posted above. We're also showing more complete Phoenix bikes with final graphics.
    Quote Originally Posted by edbraunbeck View Post
    More bikes or information?
    Desert Sunset Calls/Upward, Pain, Perseverance/Welcome Solitude

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Nice job. 115mm, 155mm. Not too hard to figure out what fits in between.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Kudos to CC and the Pivot crew...Looks like a lot of great ideas went into this bike. Nice work.

CS645-Thats what I was thinking, 130mm to fill the gap which is really close what the 27.5 modded Mach 5.7 is.

I would love to own this bike, with 29r wheels of course. Love the updates and dropped weight.

Pivot please update the 429C when you get the chance..Thanks

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by kenbentit View Post
    More to come, waiting for promo video link to be unlocked.
    Also: BIG props to maindog, vinno & MTBPilot for helping us put the cat back in the bag Sunday night +Rep!
    Sorry about the posting pre release I guess when we are on the other side of the world we sometimes get to stumble on things that the rest of you might not see as your asleep.

Anyway it is close to what I was hoping for only that I recently bought a 429 Carbon so will be waiting a while for a new Pivot to add to the stable. The Geo numbers are close to my 429 C with 120 fork so it looks like it will be a fast trail bike or longish travel XC bike. Love the weight and short wheelbase. I assume you could slacken the head angle with a longer fork for those who want a little slacker. I also like the graphics and colour options.

For me it is probably the Goldilocks bike, just right.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Who's the skinny geeky kid in the video?
    Because, one is never enough.

Pivotal figure
    Ha! Fans everywhere
    Quote Originally Posted by 2BeerJoe View Post
    Who's the skinny geeky kid in the video?

NMBP
    No XL Giving up on us tall guys?

mtbr member
    Well if I were into XC I might love it, but I'm not...so I don't. I little more travel and a little slacker & I'd be very curious.

74 & 29 pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by turfnsurf View Post
    Well if I were into XC I might love it, but I'm not...so I don't. I little more travel and a little slacker & I'd be very curious.
    HHHHHHHMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM....

MTBP
    "GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH!"
    Turn on the truth: http://www.ronpaulchannel.com/

Pivotal figure
    We're going with the same logic as the Les 27.5 in thinking that riders who would fit an XL frame are more likely to just go with a 29" wheel bike. NOT giving up on the tall guys!
    Quote Originally Posted by gfs69 View Post

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by gfs69 View Post
    Yep! That's what you get for picking on us short guys in school.

NMBP
    We're going with the same logic as the Les 27.5 in thinking that riders who would fit an XL frame are more likely to just go with a 29" wheel bike. NOT giving up on the tall guys!
    I hear you, now let's see a 529!!

NMBP
    Quote Originally Posted by edbraunbeck View Post
    Yep! That's what you get for picking on us short guys in school.
    Not me, I was too busy chasin' the ladies, to pick on the shorties!

Paterfamilias
    Feb 2006
    We will start shipping in the Fall, larger quantities world wide in late October/November time frame.

Quote Originally Posted by ejreyes6 View Post
    When is the release date?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "The face of a child can say it all, especially the mouth part of the face".
    Jack Handy

mtbr member
    Dec 2013

Re: New Pivot Announced for Release in Summer 2014

Quote Originally Posted by jazzanova View Post
    It is pretty low. Even the Mach6 seemed lower than the numbers would indicate while riding.
    I guess one needs to try one before passing any judgments.
    It's a XC bike after all, so it might be just right.
    Why is everyone saying it's low when it's the same height as the 429c and other bikes like the Turner Czar, Flux, etc ?

What am I missing?

mtbr member
    When will this cable routing be applied to the mach 6?

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Was hoping for a ~5", light, do it all bike similar to the Sight and solo...looks cool enough though and plenty fast. When's the Mach 5 Carbon come out?

650b me
    What's retail for frame only? I guess Pivot is moving away from aluminum. It'd be nice to have that option for those that don't want to pony up for carbon. I know, can't please everyone!

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinno View Post
    Sorry about the posting pre release I guess when we are on the other side of the world we sometimes get to stumble on things that the rest of you might not see as your asleep.

Anyway it is close to what I was hoping for only that I recently bought a 429 Carbon so will be waiting a while for a new Pivot to add to the stable. The Geo numbers are close to my 429 C with 120 fork so it looks like it will be a fast trail bike or longish travel XC bike. Love the weight and short wheelbase. I assume you could slacken the head angle with a longer fork for those who want a little slacker. I also like the graphics and colour options.

For me it is probably the Goldilocks bike, just right.
    thanks vinno

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    I have a question on rear shock mounting. With a lot of frames these days it is difficult or impossible to fit a large bottle inside the frame. Consensus has been to turn the shock around to clear the lever. Why don't manufacturers sell the bike with the shock turned around in the first place to have the lever at the rear and more out of the way? Also is it OK to do this with this bike?

74 & 29 pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by golden boy View Post
    What's retail for frame only? I guess Pivot is moving away from aluminum. It'd be nice to have that option for those that don't want to pony up for carbon. I know, can't please everyone!
    Frame $2899 and frame kit $3799

Details here: Pivot Unveils the All New Mach 4 ? Their New Carbon, 27.5?, Short Travel XC/Trail Weapon
    MTBP
    "GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH!"
    Turn on the truth: http://www.ronpaulchannel.com/

The Bubble Wrap Hysteria
    So because I am 6'3", I get punished with only having a 29er option. That's not logic, that sounds like our federal government's type of thinking. I'm sure Pivot will loose a number of sales with that type of thinking......shame shame shame

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbiker4life View Post
    So because I am 6'3", I get punished with only having a 29er option. That's not logic, that sounds like our federal government's type of thinking. I'm sure Pivot will loose a number of sales with that type of thinking......shame shame shame
    I don't think punished is the right word. Maybe just unfortunate if you are a die hard Pivot fan. I am in the same sizing boat but look at it this way: there are a lot of other manufacturers with options out there so even the tall guys have a lot of great 27.5 choices, just not Pivots.

The Bubble Wrap Hysteria
    Quote Originally Posted by qheuie View Post
    I don't think punished is the right word. Maybe just unfortunate if you are a die hard Pivot fan. I am in the same sizing boat but look at it this way: there are a lot of other manufacturers with options out there so even the tall guys have a lot of great 27.5 choices, just not Pivots.
    What would be the correct word? Because I'm a big fan of the M4 and 650B.......and had my sights on trying a short travel FS 650B Pivot. So 2015 is out for us tall guys and gals.

I will hold onto my M4 for another 18 months......maybe I will put a 650B front wheel on it and enjoy my other 650B bikes

Pivotal figure
    It's no problem running the shock "reversed" but not everybody wants to run it that way (less moving weight, don't run bigger bottles, etc..) so we just send it out with the lever forward and let the riders decide how they prefer to set it up. AFAIK this frame has clearance for a full size bottle as is. I'm slated to do some suspension testing on one of the bikes this week so I'll be able to test out bottle fit then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinno View Post
    I have a question on rear shock mounting. With a lot of frames these days it is difficult or impossible to fit a large bottle inside the frame. Consensus has been to turn the shock around to clear the lever. Why don't manufacturers sell the bike with the shock turned around in the first place to have the lever at the rear and more out of the way? Also is it OK to do this with this bike?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast