Thread: New Mach5 Owner

mtbr member
    Aug 2008

New Mach5 Owner

Hoping to pickup my new 2010 Mach5 frame tomorrow. 2 weeks of anxious waiting. But why am I anxious when there is 4+ feet of snow outside? Don't know, I just like shiny things.

Let's see how long it take me for me to change out the parts from my '07 BMC Fourstroke.
    The BMC is going to the wife. And the wife's KHS XC004 is going to the boy when he can ride the XS size.
    It's an ano grey. I wanted the ano blue but when I saw that it wouldn't match my dark grey Float, I decided on the ano grey instead. That and there wasn't any blue available without a long wait. I hope the grey is darker than what I've seen online.

Oh, and I'm about 5'5" and its a small.

Can't wait.

My other ride is your mom
    congrats from another M5 owner....post up pics when you get it.

mtbr member
    Congrats! Such an awesome bike.

Rob
    Congrats! Great bike. I love mine. And yes the ano grey is a lot darker in person.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Picked it up today. I ordered a 9sp XTR front dr as the XT was 10sp.

The grey is darker than online pics, but it has a slight hint of purple like I've seen on some pics here. My Float's grey is slightly more brown so they don't quite match when viewed up close.
    So far everything has been moved over from the BMC. Took me about 1.5 hours. Derallieurs are dialed. Shock is not quite set yet, just pressurized as I can't test ride it in the living room.

Just by looking at the stance and straddling it, I can tell it's going to be an awesome ride compared to the BMC!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Mach5 Owner-carbonlink.jpg  

New Mach5 Owner-frame.jpg  

New Mach5 Owner-mach5.jpg  

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    XT 4pots

One thing I noticed is that even though I paid ~$1500 for the frame, the Owner's manual is the same generic one you'll get from Walmart. LOL.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Mach5 Owner-side.jpg  

Last edited by the-one1; 02-04-2011 at 07:40 PM.

Rob
    Yes, When I opened up the manual I thought the same. Nothing really about the bike, just the normal....don't ride this way....wear a helmet....blah blah...bs.