Thread: My mach4 build

mtbr member

My mach4 build

Started life as a stock x1 build but been swapping out parts as they come in.
    I have a m6 and got a feeling the 6 will be neglected. I'm a east coast rider but family is in the OC so the bike is pack for some action at Aliso over the next 2 weeks. I'll give a better review once I get it dialed. First impression is it's fast and lite, x1 shift just as well as xx1, guide brakes has better modulation than xt. The bike is more playful than the m6 which is tough to beat. I'm 5'9 140lbs riding a med with 50mm stem and 750mm bars feeling good so far.

I'll be updating the build process on this tread I have a fox 34 and xx1 crank going on. I hope to be around 24lbs with the dropper.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Best build I've seen yet. I'm curious as to how much of a difference the stiffness of a 34 vs a 32 makes. Pretty sure the M4c will be my next bike but I'm debating sticking with the 32 to keep the front end weight down but still running meatier tires, wide bars, short stem, and a dropper. Was thinking maybe some Derby rims could help with perceived stiffness whilst keeping the weight down. Looking forward to a ride report and more pics. Thanks!

mtbr member
    Thanks Towgoat I really didn't like the looked when pivot first release the pics. But in person this bike looks awesome. The lines are sexy and the bike rips I did 52 miles the past 2 days here in Laguna and can say I donít miss the M6 on the downs or the Ibis Tranny on the climbs.

I got the bike to do a few stage and endurance race this year. The Hardtail tranny seems to beat me up after mulitple long days on the saddle, with the m4 I feel fresh. Not only that its just so much fun, I find myself looking for side hits, doubles anything to catch air! A xc bike that knows it can be a slope bike or gnarly trail bike on any given day. Its so versatile Iím keeping this one for a long time.

I had to cheat on her today and demo a Ibis Hd3 from Bike Co I did about 20 miles around the Oakley/whiting trails. The HD3 is awesome but I miss the m4. The trails I rode were more xc so its not fair to compare the 2. Iíll have to get the 34 on to give you guys a better review.